Tue, Mar. 17, 7:23 AM
- Adjusted net loss of $13.3M, or -$0.08 per share vs. a net loss of $38.8M, or -$0.24 in the same quarter a year ago.
- The company shipped 957 of its GenDrive units during the quarter compared to 279 GenDrive units shipped a year ago.
- R&D expenses of $2.2M vs. $0.8M for the fourth quarter of 2013; SG&A expenses of $9.4M vs. $4M.
- Cash and cash equivalents of $146.2M and net working capital of $167M vs. $5M and $11.1M, respectively, at December 31, 2013.
- "Our results show that the market for fuel cells is real and commercially viable with enough headroom for Plug Power to continue its growth in 2015 and beyond," said CEO Andy Marsh.
- The company expects total sales in excess of $100M and intends to book over $200M in 2015.
- Q4 results
- PLUG -11.3% premarket
Tue, Mar. 17, 7:02 AM
Mon, Mar. 16, 5:30 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 7:49 AM
- Adjusted net loss of $7.5M, or -$0.04 per share vs. a net loss of $7.7M, or -$0.09 in the same quarter a year ago.
- The company shipped 857 of its GenDrive units during the quarter, 5x the 155 units shipped a year ago.
- R&D expenses of $1.6M vs. $0.8M for the third quarter of 2013; SG&A expenses of $5M vs. $2.8M.
- Cash and cash equivalents of $156.5M and net working capital of $177.6M vs. $5M and $11.1M, respectively, at December 31, 2013.
- Q3 results
- PLUG -16% premarket
Nov. 12, 2014, 7:10 AM
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:33 AM
- Net income of $3.8M, or $0.02 per share vs. a net loss of $9.3M, or ($0.14) per share for the second quarter of 2013.
- Total revenue of $17.3M vs. $7.5M for the same period a year ago.
- Cash and cash equivalents of $168.6M and net working capital of $190.4M at June 30, 2014. This compares to $5M and $11.1M, respectively, at December 31, 2013.
- Q2 results
- PLUG +8.4% premarket
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:03 AM
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 4, 2014, 7:59 AM
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL) -12.8% premarket after FQ2 earnings and revenues fell short of estimates, with losses widening as expenses rose.
- Though FCEL has been stuck in the red, revenue generally has increased as cheap natural gas drove down power production costs and demand rose, but overall revenue fell 10% to $38.3M in FQ2; product sales fell to $27.7M from $34.4M a year earlier, while service agreements and license revenue totaled $7.2M from $4.1M.
- Gross margin fell to 4.2% from 5.5%, as product sales mostly were fuel cell kits and modules compared with higher margin complete power plant revenue in the year-ago period from the Bridgeport fuel cell park project.
- Backlog totaled $342.8M at the end of FQ2 vs. $326.9M at the end of the previous quarter.
- Issues in-line guidance for Q3, seeing revenues of $50M-$60M vs. $53M analyst consensus estimate.
- Also: PLUG -5%, BLDP -3.3% premarket.
May. 14, 2014, 7:56 AM
- Plug Power (PLUG) has reversed initial gains after reporting Q1 earnings and is now -7.3% premarket.
- Losses widened a bit and revenues fell 13% Y/Y during the quarter, but the key stat may be that PLUG shipped 165 units in Q1 vs. 238 units in Q1 2013.
- However, PLUG has more than $80M in bookings YTD, double the bookings from 2013, which the company attributes to the successful launch of its GenKey business.
- PLUG expects to ship more than 650 GenDrive units in Q2; targets $70M-plus in revenue for FY 2014 vs. $65M analyst consensus estimate.
May. 14, 2014, 7:02 AM
May. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 13, 2014, 8:18 AM
- Plug Power (PLUG) +8.9% premarket after issuing Q4 results that beat revenue estimates and predicting orders will rise more than fourfold this year to more than $150M.
- Unadjusted net loss widened to $28.9M from $8.47M in the year-ago quarter, mainly because of a $20M charge related to a change in the fair value of previously issued common stock warrants.
- Bookings reached $32M in the quarter, as strong product sales and maintenance orders were received from large companies such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, BMW and Mercedes-Benz; shipments fell 46% Y/Y to 279 units.
- “I am more bullish than ever that Plug Power is moving into a rapid growth cycle,” CEO Andy Marsh says, expecting EBITDA to break even by Q3.
- Also: BLDP +7.5%, FCEL +5% premarket.
Mar. 13, 2014, 7:02 AM
Mar. 13, 2014, 12:05 AM
PLUG vs. ETF Alternatives
Plug Power Inc provides alternative energy technology. The Company is engaged in the design, development, commercialization and manufacture of hydrogen fuel cell systems used for the industrial off-road market and the stationary power market.
Other News & PR