Sep. 18, 2014, 12:53 PM
- Banks, insurers, brokerages and anything else starved for yield continue to gain following yesterday's FOMC news. Among the gainers are Bank of America (BAC +1.9%) - which breaks above $17 for the first time since April - Citigroup (C +2.7%), Wells Fargo (WFC +1.1%), PNC (PNC +1.1%), Fifth Third (FITB +1.7%), SunTrust (STI +1.2%), Schwab (SCHW +2.3%), Prudential (PRU +2.5%), and Lincoln National (LNC +2.4%).
- The XLF +1.2%, KBE +1.5%, and KRE +2%.
- Financial sector ETFs: XLF, FAS, FAZ, UYG, KRE, VFH, KBE, IYF, IAT, SEF, IYG, FXO, KBWB, FNCL, RKH, QABA, FINU, KRU, KBWR, RWW, RYF, KRS, FINZ
- Lit up bright red is the utility sector (XLU -1%), led by Southern Company (SO -1.1%), Dominion Resources (D -1.2%), Duke Energy (DUK -1.4%), and Pinnacle West (PNW -1.9%).
- Utility ETFs: XLU, IDU, VPU, UPW, RYU, FUTY, PUI, FXU, SDP, PSCU
May 30, 2013, 9:38 AMSunTrust analyst Ali Agha doesn't expect a competing bid against Berkshire's offer for NVE Energy (NVE +22.7%), but he lists small- and mid-cap utilities with a one- or two-state focus that could be viewed as potential takeover targets: CMS Energy (CMS +1.8%), Great Plains Energy (GXP +3%), PNM Resources (PNM +1.9%), Pinnacle West (PNW +2.3%), Teco Energy (TE +0.3%). | May 30, 2013, 9:38 AM | Comment!
May 29, 2013, 2:41 PM
Dec. 19, 2011, 1:04 PM
Sep. 9, 2011, 4:33 PMIt was a rough ride for sleepy utility stocks after California's biggest power blackout in years. The source appears to be a faulty transmission line operated by Arizona Public Service (PNW -2.9%), but the brunt of the outage was felt by customers of Sempra Energy’s (SRE -2.7%) San Diego Gas & Electric. Other California power companies felt investors' wrath: PCG -2.4%, EIX -2%. | Sep. 9, 2011, 4:33 PM | Comment!
Other News & PR