SA News • Sat, Nov. 22
Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on POAHF
From other sites
There are no Transcripts on POAHF.
Sat, Nov. 22, 1:51 PM
- SGL Group (OTCPK:SGLFF), who supplies carbon fibre reinforced parts for BMW's (OTCPK:BAMXY) electric cars, is in talks with several other carmakers to supply carbon fibre, CEO Juergen Koehler tells Wirtschaftswoche.
- "VW (OTCPK:VLKAF), in particular through Audi (OTCPK:AUDVF) and Lamborghini are also banking on high-volume use of carbon components. General Motors (NYSE:GM) has also hinted recently that they want to use more carbon. Porsche (OTCPK:POAHF) is also very active," he said, adding that new contracts would not be as big as the BMW venture.
- BMW's i-series, which cost it billions to develop, has had weak sales. BMW had sold less than 11,000 i3s by the end of September.
- SGL's main business is making graphite electrodes used to recycle scrap metal into steel. Its carbon fibre business accounted for just 2% of sales last year.
- SGL has already cut 1,400 of its 6,000 workforce.
Nov. 23, 2013, 11:45 AM
- The L.A. Auto Show hit full stride with global automakers tipping off plans to ramp up production and designs to take advantage of the North American demand boom.
- Honda (HMC), Toyota (TM), and Hyundai (HYMLF) pounded home the commitment they will make to hydrogen fuel cells. This is no flux capacitor chatter. All three plan to invest to have fuel cell models on the U.S. market within two years, although details on charging station infrastructure are sketchy.
- General Motors (GM) was the talk of the town as the Chevy Colorado truck impressed analysts mightily and looks set to give challengers from Nissan and Toyota a run for their money.
- BMW (BAMXY), Porsche (VLKAY, POAHF), and Mercedes-Benz (DDAIF) all have big plans for the luxury market, while Kia enters the segment as a darkhorse with the K900. Kia?
- On the zero-emission front, Honda was full of swagger by landing a major green award for the new hybrid Honda Accord on gaudy fuel economy ratings.
- Automakers to watch: Subaru (FUJHY) and Chrysler (FIATY) look well-positioned for 2014 market share gains. Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk is off monitoring his latest Space X rocket, while the Tesla debate gets even livelier on SA.
Jul. 2, 2013, 1:11 PM
Jul. 5, 2012, 2:53 AM
Aug. 12, 2011, 7:05 AM
Mar. 28, 2011, 7:45 AM
Feb. 24, 2011, 8:47 AMProsecutors are expanding their investigation of Porsche's (POAHF.PK) former top execs, a development that could delay or even jeopardize the firm's planned merger with Volkswagen (VLKAY.PK). The execs allegedly took on risks that threatened the company's survival in a takeover battle with Volkswagen. | Comment!
Jan. 3, 2011, 7:31 AM
Dec. 31, 2010, 7:24 AM
Dec. 27, 2010, 3:28 PMGerman automakers are the big losers today after China sharply limits the number of vehicle licenses it issues for Beijing. The ostensible reason is to reduce congestion and pollution, but car imports from the eurozone will bear the burden. BMW (BAMXY.PK -5.4%). Porsche (POAHF.PK -5.3%). Volkswagon (VLKAY.PK -5.27%). Daimler (DAI -6.21%). | Comment!
Oct. 30, 2010, 4:48 PMThe odds against a merger between Porsche (POAHF.PK) and Volkswagen (VLKAY.PK) are rising. Potential legal and tax liabilities have grown recently, prompting Martin Winterkorn, CEO of both companies, to say there's now a 30% chance investors holding preferred shares in Porsche won't be able to swap their stock for equity in Volkswagen. | Comment!
Apr. 27, 2010, 9:28 AM
Mar. 18, 2010, 5:06 PM
Jan. 5, 2010, 12:53 PM
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:06 PM
Dec. 1, 2009, 12:40 PM
POAHF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR