Thu, Oct. 29, 8:45 AM
- Potash Corp. (NYSE:POT) -1.4% premarket after cutting its full-year earnings guidance below consensus, as it expects to sell less potash than expected due to weak demand and prices (Q3 earnings).
- POT lowers its FY 2015 EPS forecast to $1.55-$1.65, below the $1.74 analyst consensus estimate, from an earlier outlook for $1.75-$1.95; it also lowers sales volume guidance to 9M-9.2M metric tons from 9.3M-9.6M metric tons, and now expects potash gross margin of $1.4B-$1.5B.
- The company sees potash demand falling in Latin America from last year’s record level because of currency volatility, and the same factor is behind its reduced forecast for Indian demand; shipments also are expected to be lower in North America.
- POT says it will take temporary inventory shutdowns at three of its mines in Saskatchewan this December, and accelerate the permanent closing of its Penobsquis mine in New Brunswick, reducing production in the current quarter by almost 500K metric tons.
- POT says the average realized potash price fell 11% Y/Y to $250/metric ton in Q3, while nitrogen prices fell 10.4% to $319/metric ton; phosphate rose 9% to $475/metric ton.
Thu, Oct. 29, 6:03 AM
Wed, Oct. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Thu, Jul. 30, 8:46 AM
- Potash Corp. (NYSE:POT) +0.9% premarket after slightly missing Q2 earnings expectations and reporting in-line revenues.
- POT lowered the top end of its full-year EPS forecast to $1.95 from $2.05 while keeping the low end of guidance unchanged at $1.75, vs. the analyst consensus estimate of $1.89, but the company issues an upbeat outlook, saying “While we have faced some near-term market headwinds, we are encouraged by the strength of global potash demand, especially in offshore markets."
- POT says Q2 potash production remained flat at 2.5M metric tons, while the average realized potash price rose 4% Y/Y to $273/metric ton; potash gross margin jumped 5.6% to $417M, but costs increased as the company sourced less potash from its lower-cost mines.
- The biggest Q2 weakness was the nitrogen business, where production fell 2% Y/Y and POT’s realized selling price was $334/metric ton, down from $393 in the year-ago quarter; the company says results were hurt rising supply in key producing regions.
- POT sees another solid year for potash demand, with total global shipments reaching 60M metric tons in 2015, would be just below 2014's record of 61M.
- POT says little about its proposal to acquire K+S, only reiterating that it wants to have “constructive” discussions with K+S management.
Thu, Jul. 30, 6:06 AM
Thu, Apr. 30, 8:29 AM
- Potash Corp. (NYSE:POT) -2.5% premarket after reporting weaker than expected Q1 earnings and cutting its guidance for the year, warning that 2015 potash prices likely would be lower than expected.
- POT issues downside guidance for Q2, seeing EPS of $0.45-$0.55 vs. $0.57 analyst consensus estimate, and lowers its FY 2015 EPS outlook to $1.75-$2.05 from its previous view of $1.90-2.20 and $2.02 consensus.
- POT maintains its estimate for full-year potash gross margin of $1.5B-$1.8B and sales volumes of 9.2M-9.7M metric tons; it expects market conditions to support a stronger pricing environment for phosphate, and forecasts combined nitrogen and phosphate gross margin of $1.0B-$1.2B for the year.
- Guidance for potash sales volumes for the year was maintained at between 9.2 million and 9.7 million tons, as was its full-year potash gross margin view of between $1.5 billion and $1.8 billion.
- In Q1, potash gross margins rose 43% Y/Y to $428M, helped by higher realized prices and lower per-ton costs, with the average realized potash price of $284/metric ton up from $250 a year earlier; potash sales volumes were relatively flat at 2.3M tons, while sales volumes for both nitrogen and phosphate fell and prices improved.
Thu, Apr. 30, 6:02 AM
Thu, Jan. 29, 8:34 AM
- Potash (NYSE:POT) +1.1% premarket after reporting better than expected Q4 results and raising its dividend by nearly 9% in a sign of confidence in future cash flow and demand for its fertilizer products.
- POT says Q4 potash sales volumes totaled a record 2.5M metric tons, bringing the FY 2-14 total to 9.3M; nitrogen volumes were relatively flat, while phosphate sales volumes fell due to certain production challenges.
- POT says increased sales volumes, lower costs and slightly higher realized prices raised its Q4 potash gross margin to $445M, 95% above the $228M during the year-ago period; Q4's average realized potash price was $284/ton.
- Issues in-line guidance for FY 2015, seeing EPS of $1.90-$2.20 vs. $2.12 analyst consensus estimate; issues in-line guidance for Q1, seeing EPS of $0.45-$0.55 vs. $0.51 consensus.
- Guides for 2015 potash sales volumes of 9.2M-9.7M tons and a full-year potash gross margin of $1.5B-$1.8B.
Thu, Jan. 29, 6:04 AM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABT, AIT, ALLY, ALV, ALXN, APD, BABA, BAX, BC, BEAV, BMS, BX, CAH, CAM, CELG, CHKP, CL, CLFD, CMS, COH, COP, CRR, CSH, DGX, DHX, DOW, DST, EMC, EPD, F, GLOP, HAE, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUB.B, ITG, IVZ, JBLU, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LRN, LSTR, MD, MJN, MMYT, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOK, NYCB, OSTK, OXY, PENN, PHM, POT, PSX, PSXP, RCI, RCL, RDS.A, RGLD, RGS, RTN, RYL, SHW, SILC, SWK, SXC, TCB, TDY, TKR, TMO, TWC, UBSI, VIAB, VLO, VLY, VRTS, WCC, WILN, WRLD, XEL, ZMH
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Potash Corp. (NYSE:POT) +1.2% premarket after reporting an 11% drop in Q3 earnings and missed analyst estimates, but the results were within the company's prior guidance.
- POT says it sold 2M metric tons of potash in Q3, up 29% Y/Y, but its average realized price was US$281/ton vs. US$307 in Q3 2013.
- Says global potash shipments reached an all-time high in the first nine months of 2014 amid rising prices, and nitrogen and phosphate prices also have improved as demand has been strong.
- Increases its estimate for potash annual sales volumes to 9M-9.2M metric tons; sees 2014 worldwide potash sales of 58M-60M tons, above its prior guidance.
- Issues in-line FY 2014 EPS guidance, seeing $1.75-$1.85 from prior $1.70-$1.90 vs. $1.82 analyst consensus estimate.
Oct. 23, 2014, 6:08 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Potash Corp. (NYSE:POT) +2.8% premarket after posting big Y/Y declines in Q2 earnings and revenues, but results beat expectations and POT raised its earnings guidance for the year.
- POT says its H2 outlook has improved after record H1 demand, prompting it to raise its global potash shipment expectations to 56.5M-58M metric tons.
- Issues upside guidance for FY 2014, now seeing EPS of $1.70-$1.90 from its previous view of $1.50-$1.80 and $1.67 analyst consensus estimate; expects Q3 EPS of $0.35-$0.45 vs. $0.40 consensus.
- Says it remains on track to achieve its 2014 target of reducing per-ton cash costs by $15-$20 from 2013 levels, although Q3 will reflect normal seasonal increases as required maintenance downtime is completed.
- In Q2, POT says stronger performances from all three of its key nutrient segments improved, lower potash and nitrogen prices have rekindled demand, and cost efficiencies are helping the bottom line.
- Q2 gross margin fell to $747M from $979M in the year-ago period, with potash gross margin falling 36%; average potash prices were $263/metric ton, down from $356/ton from a year ago but up from $250 in Q1.
Jul. 24, 2014, 6:02 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:58 AM
- Potash Corp. (POT) +1.8% premarket after Q1 earnings and revenue beat analyst expectations and the company raises its sales outlook for the year.
- Q1's realized potash price was $250/metric ton, far below $363 from the same period last year, but low prices are helping to boost purchases, as sales volume rose to 2.3M metric tons vs. 2.2M a year ago.
- POT now expects to sell 8.3M-8.7M metric tons of potash this year, up slightly from earlier guidance of 8.2M-8.6M and far better than 2013 (8.1M) or 2012 (7.2M).
- Issues downside Q2 guidance, seeing EPS of $0.40-$0.45 vs. analyst consensus estimate $0.49; raises bottom end of FY 2014 EPS outlook to $1.50-$1.80 vs. prior guidance of $1.40-$1.80 and $1.67 consensus.
- Sees "steady improvements" taking hold in the potash industry, and maintains its FY 2014 global potash shipments outlook of 55M-57M metric tons vs. 53.5m tons shipped in 2013.
- Reports weaker Q1 results from its nitrogen and phosphate units due to lower prices; phosphate production also was disrupted by bad weather.
Apr. 24, 2014, 6:02 AM
Other News & PR