Wed, Feb. 24, 6:12 PM
- PowerSecure International (NYSE:POWR) +77.8% AH after agreeing to be acquired by Southern Co. (NYSE:SO) for $18.75/share in cash, a 90% premium to today's closing price.
- SO says it expects the ~$431M deal to expand its ability to provide customized energy products to customers.
- SO has been expanding through acquisitions, including its ~$12B deal for AGL Resources, which is expected to close in H2 of this year.
Oct. 14, 2014, 11:36 AM
- PowerSecure (NYSE:POWR) has acquired Power Design's data center energy services unit. The business provides design, installation, and commissioning services for a data center's electrical infrastructure.
- PowerSecure is paying $13M in cash + up to $2M in earn-outs. From Q3 2013 to Q2 2014, the business had revenue of $24M and op. income of $7.8M. That suggests PowerSecure is paying less than 0.7x sales.
- The deal is expected to be slightly dilutive to Q4 EPS, and "meaningfully accretive" to 2015 EPS.
- Thanks to the infrastructure demands of Internet giants and cloud service providers, data center construction activity is expected to remain brisk.
Apr. 15, 2013, 2:01 PM
PowerSecure International (POWR -2%) says it's acquired Solais Lighting, a private company based in Stamford, Connecticuit that makes LED lamps and fixtures for both commercial and industrial markets, for $15M in cash and common stock. The company exppects the transaction to be slightly accretive to revenues and earnings in 2013.| Apr. 15, 2013, 2:01 PM