PowerSecure International, IncNASDAQ
Thu, Feb. 25, 12:48 PM
Thu, Feb. 25, 9:12 AM| Thu, Feb. 25, 9:12 AM | 9 Comments
Wed, Feb. 24, 6:12 PM
- PowerSecure International (NYSE:POWR) +77.8% AH after agreeing to be acquired by Southern Co. (NYSE:SO) for $18.75/share in cash, a 90% premium to today's closing price.
- SO says it expects the ~$431M deal to expand its ability to provide customized energy products to customers.
- SO has been expanding through acquisitions, including its ~$12B deal for AGL Resources, which is expected to close in H2 of this year.
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:39 PM
Fri, Feb. 19, 5:39 PM
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:40 PM
- PowerSecure (NYSE:POWR): Q3 EPS of $0.09 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $106.98M (+64.5% Y/Y) beats by $4.69M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Oct. 19, 2015, 7:33 AM
Aug. 5, 2015, 4:14 PM
- PowerSecure (NYSE:POWR): Q2 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $107.18M (+87.8% Y/Y) beats by $13.69M.
Jul. 15, 2015, 5:38 PM
Jul. 10, 2015, 2:41 PM
- PowerSecure (NYSE:POWR) "has been awarded $100 million in new solar projects, including a ground-mount system for one of the largest investor owned utilities (IOUs) in the United States."
- $15M of the revenue is expected to be recognized in Q4, and the rest in 2016. For reference, PowerSecure's 2015 and 2016 consensus revenue estimates are currently at $386.7M and $452.6M. The deals follow $120M worth of project awards obtained in mid-2014 from a major IOU client, and $30M worth of deals recently struck for microgrid and energy storage projects.
- Shares have jumped after coming off a halt. They're now up 28% YTD.
Jul. 10, 2015, 2:29 PM
May 13, 2015, 10:42 AM
- Citing increased confidence in management following the company's Q1 report, Maxim has upgraded PowerSecure (POWR +3.1%) to Buy, and set a $17 target.
- The maker of distributed power and utility infrastructure hardware/software is now up 12% since beating Q1 estimates and providing strong full-year guidance a week ago. Shares still only trade for 0.9x 2015E sales.
May 6, 2015, 3:31 PM
- Today's notable tech gainers include LED/chip equipment maker Aixtron (AIXG +6.7%), distributed power system/software firm PowerSecure (POWR +7.2%), cloud customer support software vendor Zendesk (ZEN +5%), and chip packaging IP firm Tessera (TSRA +4.9%).
- Notable decliners include LED giant Cree (CREE -4.2%), 3D printer maker ExOne (XONE -5.6%), big data/analytics software provider Hortonworks (HDP -5.7%), health site owner Everyday Health (EVDY -7.7%), and IP licensing firm WiLAN (WILN -6%). The Nasdaq is down 0.7%.
- PowerSecure is up after beating Q1 estimates on the back of major increases in Distributed Generation and Solar Energy segment sales. Zendesk is up after posting a Q1 beat and guiding for full-year revenue of $192M-$195M (above a $189.6M consensus). Tessera is rallying thanks to a Q1 beat and strong Q2 guidance (revenue of $62M-$64M and EPS of $0.47-$0.50 vs. a consensus of $$57.3M and $0.40).
- Cree is adding to the losses seen two weeks ago after it posted mixed results and light guidance. ExOne's drop comes after larger rival 3D Systems declined to provide guidance with its Q1 results. Everyday has been downgraded to Hold by Stifel. WiLAN is adding to last week's post-earnings losses.
- Previously covered: Zulily, Groupon, Axcelis, QuinStreet, Skullcandy, Millennial Media, LendingClub, TechTarget, Anadigics, Zagg, Cray, Enphase, Wix.com, Jive Software
May 6, 2015, 7:05 AM
- PowerSecure (NYSE:POWR): Q1 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $79.51M (+50.6% Y/Y) beats by $6.26M.
May 5, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ANSS, ARQL, ATHM, AVA, AYR, BAM, BUD, CEQP, CHH, CHK, CKSW, CLH, CMLP, CRNT, CRZO, CSTE, DAVE, DDD, DNR, EE, EGAN, ENB, EXK, GDP, GLOG, HAIN, HCLP, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTA, IMN, INFI, KELYA, LAMR, LG, LINC, MEMP, MPO, MSI, MWE, NOR, NXTM, OXY, PERI, PGNX, POWR, RDC, RHP, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SNH, SODA, STRA, SUP, SWC, TMHC, TRXC, VG, VOYA, VSI, WCG, WD, WEN, WIX, WMC, WPX, XLS, XRAY