Polypore International, Inc.NYSE
Thu, Jun. 16, 7:52 AM| Thu, Jun. 16, 7:52 AM | 68 Comments
Aug. 27, 2015, 10:51 AM
- Following the sale of its Separations Media business, Polypore (NYSE:PPO) has been fully acquired and will operate as a core company under the Asahi Kasei Group (OTCPK:AHKSY).
- The two will work together to integrate their technology to enable further development and growth of the battery separator business.
Feb. 23, 2015, 7:04 AM
- Asahi Kasei (OTCPK:AHKSY) has agreed to buy Polypore's (NYSE:PPO) energy storage segment, as it seeks to expand in the energy and environment business.
- Asahi Kasei will pay $60.50 per share in cash, a 14% premium to their $52.95 close on Friday, and representing an enterprise value of about $3.2B.
- Immediately prior to Asahi Kasei’s purchase of Polypore, 3M (NYSE:MMM) will acquire the assets of Polypore’s separations media business for about $1B and Asahi Kasei will receive the cash proceeds from asset sale.
- PPO +13.2% premarket
Oct. 29, 2012, 4:12 PM