Sep. 24, 2015, 7:59 AM
- Proto Labs (NYSE:PRLB) has agreed to acquire select assets and operations of Alphaform, a German 3D printing service provider, expanding its additive manufacturing presence in Europe.
- The planned acquisition will include Alphaform divisions operating in Germany, Finland and the U.K.
- PRLB +1.3% premarket
Jul. 21, 2015, 12:32 PM
- Ahead of Thursday morning's Q2 report, Proto Labs (PRLB -2%) announces it has bought a 77K-square foot North Carolina facility to "expand its 3D printing service into a larger and more efficient additive manufacturing space."
- The plant is expected to go live in 1H16, and will contain new 3D printers to go with Proto Labs' existing machines. Its purchase follows the 2014 acquisition of additive manufacturing services firm FineLine Prototyping.
- Proto Labs' Q1 additive manufacturing revenue totaled $4.5M, +79% Y/Y and equal to 8% of total revenue.