CafePress: Founders' Turnaround Plans Will Be Self Serving
Colin Tedards • 29 Comments
Colin Tedards • 29 Comments
CafePress's Depressed Stock Price Presents Opportunity
Whopper Investments • 30 Comments
Whopper Investments • 30 Comments
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:26 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Thu, May 5, 5:00 PM
- CafePress (NASDAQ:PRSS): Q1 EPS of -$0.10 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $18.07M (-23.4% Y/Y) misses by $3M.
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Tue, Feb. 23, 4:18 PM
- CafePress (NASDAQ:PRSS): Q4 EPS of $0.11 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $39.7M (-21.2% Y/Y) beats by $0.57M.
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ALDR, ARC, ATRC, BBRG, BNFT, CAR, CONE, CPRT, CVG, CZR, DWA, DXCM, DY, EHTH, EIX, ENPH, ETSY, EXAM, EXR, FIVN, FMI, FSLR, GNMK, HAWK, HCKT, HLS, INFI, JAZZ, JBT, KRA, MASI, MATX, MSA, NYMT, ORA, PEI, PLKI, PRA, PRSS, PZZA, ROIC, RP, RUBI, SF, SLCA, SM, TGB, TROX, TTPH, TX, UCTT, VRSK, WBMD, WMGI, WTR, XXIA, Y
Nov. 23, 2015, 9:03 PM
- CafePress (NASDAQ:PRSS) CEO Fred Durham last week purchased just shy of 12K shares of company stock last at an average price of about $4 per share.
- His purchase comes a few days after the stock was punished following Q3 results - falling to as low as about $3.75 from $4.70. Investors may have been put off by a slowdown in buybacks and management earnings call comments about making investments in the business.
- PRSS was higher by 5% in today's session to $4.17.
Nov. 12, 2015, 5:07 PM
- Q3 net loss from continuing operations of $1.1M or $0.07 per share vs. a loss of $3.2M and $0.18 one year ago.
- Non-GAAP contribution margin of 28% of net revenues vs. 17% a year ago.
- Average order size of $35 down 3% Q/Q, down 12% Y/Y.
- Orders of $600K down 7% Q/Q, down 14% Y/Y.
- 150K shares bought back during Q3 for $700K, brining total buybacks since the program began in May to 650K shares for $3M. 489.2K shares repurchased during Q2.
- Cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments as of Sept. 30 of $40.5M.
- CEO: Fred Durham: "We are retaining only the best performing products, employing thoughtful pricing and promotional offers and engaging smart marketing techniques to stabilize margins."
- Conference call is just getting underway
- Previously: CafePress EPS in-line, misses on revenue (Nov. 12)
- PRSS flat after hours
Nov. 12, 2015, 4:25 PM
- CafePress (NASDAQ:PRSS): Q3 EPS of -$0.07 in-line.
- Revenue of $19.5M (-24.7% Y/Y) misses by $2.43M.
Nov. 11, 2015, 5:35 PM
Sep. 2, 2015, 12:56 PM
- CEO Fred Durham purchased more than 15.6K shares last week at prices ranging from $4.45-$4.48, bringing his stake in CafePress (PRSS +2%) above 2.1M shares.
- The company's largest shareholder with more than a 15% stake, activist investor Lloyd Miller added 10K shares on Friday at $4.25 each.
- If the purchases seem relatively small, it's because they are. The stock however averages just over 22K shares in daily volume, and the company is in the midst of its own 3.5M share buyback.
Aug. 13, 2015, 5:39 PM
Aug. 13, 2015, 4:37 PM
- "The core business has quickly surpassed the bottom line results of the more complex company that we had last year and we are very excited for the future," says CEO Fred Durham.
- Gross profit margin of 40.8% vs. $35.6% a year ago.
- Non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA of $700K vs. a loss of $1.8M a year ago. Non-GAAP loss from continuing operations of $500K or $0.03 per share vs. a loss of $2.4M and $0.14.
- Repurchased 489.2K shares for $2.3M, suggesting an average price of about $4.70.
- Cash and equivalents of $42.7M as of June 30.
- The next unit up for sale is the EZ Prints business, and a $7.3M charge was taken to reflect the deal terms under consideration. The sale is expected to be completed this quarter.
- Conference call at 5 ET
- PRSS -4.3% to $4.25 after hours.
Aug. 13, 2015, 4:18 PM
- CafePress (NASDAQ:PRSS): Q2 EPS of -$0.03
- Revenue of $21.76M (-25.1% Y/Y)
Aug. 12, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jun. 15, 2015, 9:36 AM
- Intending to move its Bay Area operation into a smaller facility, CafePress (PRSS +0.2%) has entered into a lease-termination agreement for its current space in San Mateo.
- The company also transitions to a new certifying accountant - BDO USA - hoping to maintain the same-quality service, but with lower fees.
- Management expects meaningful cuts in the company's G&A expense run rate, though the full impact may not be felt unto 2016, or later.
- Previously: CafePress notches nearly 20% 2-day gain on buyback and bullish SA write-up (May 7)
- Related: CafePress's Depressed Stock Price Presents Opportunity (May 7)