Mar. 13, 2015, 8:00 AM
- Private equity firm TPG Capital prepares to exit from its $1.9B buyout of Par Pharmaceutical Holdings (Pending:PRX) in 2012 with the filing of an S-1 for a $100M IPO.
- The company sells a portfolio of 95 high-barrier-to-entry generic drugs that are characterized by being more difficult to formulate and manufacture or face complex legal or regulatory challenges. It operates in two business segments: Par Pharmaceutical, which sells the generic line and Par Specialty Pharmaceuticals, which sells two branded products.
- 2014 Financial Performance ($M): Total Revenues: 1,308.9 (+19.2%); Net Product Sales: 1,278.1 (+20.3%); Gross Margin: 479.1 (+50.7%); Gross Margin: 36.6% (+26.2%); Operating Expenses: 542.7 (+41.5%); Net Loss: (105.5) (+0.4%); Loss Per Share: (0.14) (+6.7%); CF Ops: 145.2 (+28.5%); Non-GAAP EBITDA: 433.8 (+41.3%).
Oct. 9, 2013, 4:57 PM
- Acura Pharmaceuticals (ACUR) +11.8% AH after announcing a settlement of patent litigation with Par Pharmaceutical (PRX) and Impax Labs (IPXL) over the pain drug Oxecta.
- According to the terms, PRX may launch its generic Oxecta product in the U.S., through the grant of a non-exclusive license which requires it to pay ACUR royalties in the range of 10%-15% of PRX's net profits from the sale.
- IPXL may launch its generic Oxecta product in the U.S. through the grant of a non-exclusive, royalty-free license.
Aug. 22, 2013, 8:26 AM
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) enters into settlement and license agreements with Par Pharmaceutical (PRX) to resolve patent litigation over Horizon's Duexis (ibuprofen and famotidine) tablets.
- Par will have the right to start selling a generic version of Duexis in January 2023, or earlier under certain circumstances.
- Other details of the deal weren't provided.
- Duexis is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and for decreasing the risk of developing ulcers in the upper gastrointestinal area. (PR)
Jan. 2, 2013, 12:24 PM
Par Pharmaceutical (PRX +0.2%) says that its operating subsidiary has begun shipping 5 mg and 10 mg strengths of rizatriptan benzoate tablets. Rizatriptan benzoate is indicated for the acute treatment of migraine with or without aura in adults and in pediatric patients 6 to 17 years of age. Annual U.S. sales of the drug total approximately $653M.| Jan. 2, 2013, 12:24 PM | 1 Comment
Dec. 26, 2012, 5:00 PM
Depomed (DEPO) says that its lawsuits against two filers of Abbreviated New Drug Applications for Gralise have been dismissed at its own request. The dismissal was requested after Watson Laboratories (WPI) withdrew its application, and Par Pharmaceutical (PRX) amended its to no longer seek approval prior to the expiration of DEPO's Gralise patents listed for in the FDA's Orange Book.| Dec. 26, 2012, 5:00 PM
Dec. 14, 2012, 1:43 PM
AstraZeneca (AZN +0.2%) says an Appeals Court has upheld the decision finding that the substance patent protecting Crestor is valid and enforceable. The defendants may seek a rehearing or review by the U.S. Supreme Court. Absent a reversal, none of the Abbreviated New Drug Applications filed may be approved by the FDA prior to expiration of the patent, which expires in 2016. The ruling covers rosuvastatin calcium, the active ingredient in Crestor.| Dec. 14, 2012, 1:43 PM
Oct. 16, 2012, 8:14 AM
Watson Pharmaceuticals (WPI) expects to close its $5.9B acquisition of Swiss peer Actavis by early November after it yesterday received FTC permission for the deal, adding to EU authorization earlier this month. Under the conditions of the approval, Watson must sell 14 generic drugs to Par Pharmaceuticals (PRX) and four to Sandoz. (PR)| Oct. 16, 2012, 8:14 AM
Sep. 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
A U.S. appeals court upholds a lower court ruling in favor of Pozen (POZN -0.8%) against Par Pharmaceutical (PRX), Alphapharm and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (RDY +1.9%), affirming the district court's earlier decision that found POZN's patent valid, and blocked PRX and RDY from selling a generic version of POZN's migraine drug Treximet until 2025.| Sep. 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
Sep. 12, 2012, 4:04 PM
Stifel Nicolaus ups its target from $8 to $11 on Santarus (SNTS +5%) on the back of its highly successful Phase 3 results for Rifamycin SV MMX in traveler’s diarrhea, and it's successful appeal against Par Pharmaceuticals (PRX). The firm thinks that Zegerid will gain an extra $35M-$45M in annual sales as a result of the court decision, and it maintains a Buy rating on the stock.| Sep. 12, 2012, 4:04 PM
Aug. 2, 2012, 10:32 AMPar Pharmaceutical (PRX): Q2 EPS of $1.62 beats by $0.52. Revenue of $294.3M (+36.9% Y/Y) beats by $3.M. (PR) | Aug. 2, 2012, 10:32 AM
Aug. 2, 2012, 12:05 AM
Aug. 1, 2012, 5:30 PM
Jul. 17, 2012, 4:30 PM
Somaxon Pharmaceuticals (SOMX) settles its patent litigation suit with Mylan (MYL) and Par Pharmaceutical (PRX) involving Silenor 3 mg and 6 mg tablets. The settlement grants MYL the exclusive right to begin selling a generic version of Silenor on January 1, 2020, and PRX the right to begin selling a generic version 180 days after a third party generic version is first sold in the U.S. under a license from Somaxon.| Jul. 17, 2012, 4:30 PM
Jul. 16, 2012, 9:10 AM
Jul. 16, 2012, 8:24 AM
TPG agrees to acquire Par Pharmaceutical (PRX) for $1.9B, or $50/share, which represents a 37% premium over Par's closing price on Friday. Shares +36% premarket. (PR)| Jul. 16, 2012, 8:24 AM
Jul. 3, 2012, 11:24 AM
The FTC has approved an amended final order settling charges that Teva's (TEVA +1.3%) proposed acquisition of Cephalon would have been anti-competitive for several generic drugs. The order requires Teva to sell the rights and assets related to a generic cancer pain drug and a generic muscle relaxant to Par Pharmaceuticals (PRX -0.6%), and allow PRX to sell a generic version of Cephalon's narcolepsy drug Provigil in 2012.| Jul. 3, 2012, 11:24 AM