Oct. 12, 2015, 9:29 AM
- Enterprise software firm PTC is buying Qualcomm's (NASDAQ:QCOM) Vuforia augmented reality technology unit, and acquiring the related developer ecosystem.
- Re/code reported in September Qualcomm is thinking of selling Vuforia, which provides developer tools and IP for creating apps supporting augmented reality (i.e. the melding of real-world and computer-generated material). Qualcomm has claimed Vuforia is supported by 175K+ developers and has been used by 20K+ apps.
- Update: While Qualcomm didn't announce the deal price, PTC states it's paying $65M for Vuforia. The company expects the purchase to close by year's end, and doesn't expect it to impact 2016 EPS.
Dec. 30, 2013, 4:51 PM
- PTC (PTC +0.6%) acquires Internet of Things platform creator ThingWorx for $112M and a potential earn-out of $18M.
- The acquisition is expected to add more than $10M in revenue in the coming 12 months, with $5M-$7M recognized in FY2014. FY2014 EPS guidance of $2-$2.10 is unchanged.
- PR, conference call at 8:30am ET tomorrow
Sep. 10, 2013, 9:50 AM
- PTC (PMTC +0.7%) acquires PLM-focused hosting solutions provider NetIDEAS. PTC has partnered with NetIDEAS since 2000.
Aug. 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
Autodesk (ADSK +3.2%) has bought some of the assets of Inforbix, a developer of cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) software. Autodesk, which competes with PMTC and DASTY in the PLM space, plans to integrate Inforbix's technology within its cloud-based PLM360 suite, and has named Inforbix co-founder Oleg Shilovitsky its Senior Director of PLM and Data Management. Autodesk was crushed last week due to a poor FQ2 report (I, II, III).| Aug. 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
Aug. 8, 2012, 8:08 AM
Parametric (PMTC), which provides product-design software, agrees to buy closely held Servigistics for around $220M in a deal that will strengthen Parametric's Web process management offerings. In connection with deal, Parametric ups its 2013 adjusted FY EPS forecast by 2-5 cents from $1.70-$1.80. Consensus is for $1.74. (PR)| Aug. 8, 2012, 8:08 AM