Mon, Jun. 27, 12:01 PM
Wed, Jun. 15, 1:08 PM
- PVH (PVH +4.6%) rallies after CEO Manny Chirico said sales at department stores are trending "slightly better" in Q2.
- Chirico, presenting today at the Piper Jaffray Consumer Conference in NYC, also noted the potential for growth with the Tommy Hilfiger women's business.
- Piper Jaffray Consumer Conference webcast
Fri, Jun. 10, 8:57 AM
Thu, May 26, 9:18 AM| Thu, May 26, 9:18 AM | 1 Comment
Thu, May 26, 8:59 AM
- PVH (NYSE:PVH) shoots higher after the company raised its full-year EPS forecast after a better-than-expected Q1.
- Calvin Klein was a strong performer during the quarter, with revenue up 13% before foreign exchange was factored in. Sales at Tommy Hilfiger were up 4% ex-F/X.
- The company expects EPS of $6.45-$6.55 vs. $6.30-$6.50 prior and $6.46 consensus.
- Previously: Phillips-Van Heusen beats by $0.07, beats on revenue (May 25)
- PVH +6.47% premarket to $95.60.
Wed, May 25, 5:39 PM
Wed, May 25, 4:17 PM
Tue, May 24, 5:35 PM
Sat, May 14, 11:01 AM
- The retail sector stays in focus next week with Target (NYSE:TGT), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX), and Ross Stores (NASDAQ:ROST) all due to report on Q1 earnings to follow on a week of dismal reports and guidance from the department store sector (Nordstrom, L Brands, Macy's, Kohl's). Home improvement chains Home Depot (NYSE:HD) and Lowe's (NYSE:LOW) are also due to spill numbers.
- The story from the Commerce Department's April read of retail sales (+3.0% Y/Y, +1.3% M/M) is one of a consumer spending on housing, entertainment, and personal care/fitness over apparel and general merchandise. The 10% Y/Y gain in the nonstore retailer category also tipped that the Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) Effect is magnifying.
- Amplify ETFs CEO Christian Magoon tells Seeking Alpha that the traditional retail model appears to be broken. Amplify's Online Retail ETF (NASDAQ:IBUY) is a bet on companies such as Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), GrubHub (NYSE:GRUB), Blue Nile (NASDAQ:NILE), and Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) that are reeling in millennial dollars.
- Magoon on retail: "Traditional retailers face the headwinds of higher cost structures including the very real threat of increasing wages in the form of the $15 minimum wage campaign. Less flexible with inventory management, they also are more vulnerable to issues like weather and changing consumer preferences."
- Retail ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXG, PBJ, IYK, FXD, IYC, RHS, FDIS, PEJ, FSTA, PSL, SCC, RCD, UCC, PEZ, PMR, PSCC, UGE, PSCD, SZK, BITE.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, NKE, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON, FL.
Wed, May 11, 10:04 AM
- A devastating F/X-ravaged report turned in by Fossil (FOSL -31.3%) and a general sense that U.S. consumer spending on apparel is weak (L Brands, Gap, Macy's) is taking a toll on some high-end retailers.
- Michael Kors (KORS -10.8%), Movado (MOV -7.6%), G-III Apparel (GIII -9.9%), Kate Spade (KATE -2.9%), PVH (PVH -5.6%), Ralph Lauren (RL -5.8%), Coach (COH -3.8%), and Luxottica (LUX -1.9%) are all spinning lower with anxiety over sales trends rising.
- Previously: Fossil crushed after sales and margins shrink (May 10)
- Previously: Specialty retail not looking so special to investors (May 11)
Wed, Mar. 23, 4:16 PM
Tue, Mar. 22, 5:35 PM
Mon, Mar. 14, 8:07 AM
- Piper Jaffray increases its price target on PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) after taking a stroll through the company's flagship store.
- The new PT of $95 implies modest upside potential on the apparel stock of 8%.
- Shares of the apparel stock are rated by PJ at Overweight.
- Looking ahead, PVH is due to report FQ4 earnings on March 23. Analysts expect revenue of $2.039B and EPS of $1.73.
Fri, Feb. 19, 11:53 AM
- The apparel sector is on shaky ground after weak earnings reports from VF Corp. and Nordstrom set the tone.
- Weather and F/X dinged VF Corp. more than expected, while Nordstrom was whacked by promotions and a higher mix of e-commerce.
- Notable decliners include Carter's (CRI -3.9%), PVh Corp. (PVH -2.7%), Kate Spade (KATE -2.8%), Gildan Activewear (GIL -2.1%), Hanesbrands (HBI -3.5%), Gap (GPS -1.1%), Lululemon (LULU -1.1%), Urban Outfitters (URBN -2%), Genesco (GCO -2%), and Sequential Brands Group (SQBG -1.1%).
Wed, Feb. 3, 8:27 AM
- PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) announces it bought out its joint venture partner in China for the Tommy Hilfiger business.
- The company spent $172M to take over the 55% stake from TH Asia.
Tue, Feb. 2, 10:21 AM
- Strength shown by Michael Kors (KORS +16.1%) in digital channels, Japan, and across much of Europe isn't going unnoticed in the apparel sector.
- G-III Apparel (GIII 1.4%), PVH Corp (PVH +3.2%), Vera Bradley (VRA +5%), Fossil (FOSL +1.8%), Lululemon (LULU +2.5%), Kate Spade (KATE +1.1%), and Movado (MOV +0.5%) are all higher on a day broad market averages are wilting.
- Previously: Michael Kors Holdings beats by $0.13, beats on revenue (Feb. 2)
- Previously: Michael Kors soars after earnings shine (Feb. 2)
PVH Corp. designs, sources and markets brands in the dress shirts, sportswear, neckwear, jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim products, handbags, footwear and other related categaries. Its brand portfolio includes Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner's, Olga... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Textile - Apparel Clothing
Country: United States
Other News & PR