What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Feb. 3, 8:27 AM
Tue, Feb. 2, 10:21 AM
- Strength shown by Michael Kors (KORS +16.1%) in digital channels, Japan, and across much of Europe isn't going unnoticed in the apparel sector.
- G-III Apparel (GIII 1.4%), PVH Corp (PVH +3.2%), Vera Bradley (VRA +5%), Fossil (FOSL +1.8%), Lululemon (LULU +2.5%), Kate Spade (KATE +1.1%), and Movado (MOV +0.5%) are all higher on a day broad market averages are wilting.
- Previously: Michael Kors Holdings beats by $0.13, beats on revenue (Feb. 2)
- Previously: Michael Kors soars after earnings shine (Feb. 2)
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:37 PM
Dec. 3, 2015, 10:21 AM
- PVH (PVH -7.5%) slides after cutting sales guidance due to the impact of the strong U.S. dollar in many markets.
- The company now sees revenue falling 3% for the the year, down from a prior view of a 2% decline.
- Previously: Phillips-Van Heusen beats by $0.19, revenue in-line (Dec. 02 2015)
Dec. 2, 2015, 4:23 PM
Dec. 1, 2015, 5:35 PM
Nov. 23, 2015, 12:29 PM
- High-end global retail stocks are on the move as some analysts see the sector as oversold.
- A positive step forward for trade talks between China and the U.S. may also be contributing to the mini-rally.
- Gainers: Ralph Lauren (RL +1.8%), Guess (GES +3.3%), Coach (COH +2%), Michael Kors (KORS +1.8%), Vera Bradley (VRA +1.6%), Kate Spade (KATE +2.6%), PVH Corp (PVH +1.6%).
Nov. 16, 2015, 7:34 AM
- Piper Jaffray sees upside for PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) after the apparel sector sold off over the last few weeks on broad demand concerns.
- PVH trades at a lower earnings multiple than peers such as Ralph Lauren and G-III, while remaining on target for double-digit organic sales growth, notes PJ.
- Shares of PVH are down 14% over the last month to reach a 52-week low.
Nov. 11, 2015, 9:28 AM
- A warning by Macy's on having trouble clearing out inventory at U.S. stores could have a negative impact on major suppliers. The soft demand reported by Macy's leading into the holiday season has also been seen at other high-volume selling channels.
- The list of major Macy's apparel suppliers includes Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL), Calvin Klein (NYSE:PVH), Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS), Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL), Carter's (NYSE:CRI), and Nautica (NYSE:VFC). A scan of the Macy's website shows plenty of promotions for those brands.
- Previously: Retailers eye inventory levels with Black Friday 17 days away (Nov. 10 2015)
- Previously: Department store sector on watch after Macy's warns (Nov. 11 2015)
- Previously: Macy's lower after U.S. sales slump and nixing REIT (Nov. 11 2015)
Nov. 10, 2015, 8:31 PM
- The headaches continue for a large part of the retail sector impacted by a slower pace of sales than anticipated this fall.
- Warmer weather than normal have held back outerwear and winter clothing demand, while mall traffic continues to be underwhelming.
- The high level of unsold inventory on shelves at retail chains is likely to lead to more promotions and discounts heading into the crucial Black Friday period, observes the WSJ. That trend could hurt manufacturers and sellers alike.
- Related ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, FXD, PEJ, FDIS, RCD, PMR, UGE, SZK.
- Related stocks: FL, FINL, KORS, COH, DSW, DKS, SKX, JCP, M, SHLD, KSS, JWN, TJX, ROST, BONT, AEO, ANF, ARO, CAL, CROX, SMRT, BKE, CTRN, GPS, LB, RL, PVH.
Oct. 12, 2015, 10:49 AM
- Cotton prices are expected to fall sharply this year and into 2016 due to a variety of market factors - including lower demand for yarn and a drop in polyester prices.
- Companies with an eye on the level of cotton prices based on recent conference calls transcripts posted on SA include Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI), Carter's (NYSE:CRI), Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA), PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH), Williams-Sonoma (NYSE:WSM), Chico's FAS (NYSE:CHS), Express (NYSE:EXPR), L Brands (NYSE:LB), Gildan Activewear (NYSE:GIL), and The Children's Place (NASDAQ:PLCE),
Oct. 8, 2015, 10:20 AM
- The apparel sector is out-gaining market averages as sentiment swings positive. There's been some analysis suggesting that apparel sellers will benefit from the Trans-Pacific Partnership on the cost side. Lower cotton and oil prices are also working in the favor of apparel companies, although hedging against the strong U.S. dollar is an ongoing risk.
- On the manufacturing side: G-III Apparel (NASDAQ:GIII) +2.6%, Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM) +2.1%, Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) +1.8%, PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) +1.6%, Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL) +1.4%.
- On the chain store side: Cato (NYSE:CATO) +5.1%, Ascena Retail (NASDAQ:ASNA) +3.4%, American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) +3.4%, Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF) +3.1%, Francesca's Holdings (NASDAQ:FRAN) +2.6%, L Brands (NYSE:LB) +2.1%.
Sep. 16, 2015, 7:03 PM
- J.P. Morgan analysts warn that companies with large amounts of floating-rate debt - including Chesapeake Energy, Freeport McMoRan, Ford and GE - could be at risk if the Fed decides to raise interest rates.
- Companies with variable/floating-rate debt suffer a more immediate impact by a rate hike than companies with fixed-rate debt, the analysts say; variable-rate coupons typically reset quarterly, meaning that changes in the base rate flow through almost immediately to variable-rate borrowers, while fixed-rate borrowers do not see such an impact until they refinance or issue new debt.
- JPM lists 25 companies - not including financials - that have the “highest variable-rate debt as a percentage of market cap": FMC, NRG, FCX, AES, CVC, LVLT, PVH, CHK, FE, DVA, THC, OI, CNX, F, HCA, FOSL, RCL, JOY, GE, ADS, ALLE, HBI, GT, DNB, AN
Aug. 26, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (NYSE:PVH): Q2 EPS of $1.37 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $1.86B (-6.1% Y/Y) beats by $40M.
Aug. 25, 2015, 5:35 PM
Aug. 21, 2015, 9:17 AM
- PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) is backed as a top pick at UBS.
- The investment firm thinks the market has misinterpreted the impact of retail trends on Buy-rated PVH.
- Demand for denim and the read on what's selling at JCP caught the eyes of UBS.
- PVH has generally traded in the $112 to $118 range over the last two months.
PVH Corp is an apparel company, which designs and markets branded dress shirts, neckwear, sportswear, jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim products and, to a lesser extent, footwear and other related products.
Other News & PR