Wed, Aug. 26, 4:05 PM
Tue, Aug. 25, 5:35 PM
Fri, Aug. 21, 9:17 AM
- PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) is backed as a top pick at UBS.
- The investment firm thinks the market has misinterpreted the impact of retail trends on Buy-rated PVH.
- Demand for denim and the read on what's selling at JCP caught the eyes of UBS.
- PVH has generally traded in the $112 to $118 range over the last two months.
Tue, Jul. 28, 11:23 AM
- Retail stocks are in-line with market averages despite a soft read on consumer confidence and more stock market losses in China.
- The S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is up 0.26%, while Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is 0.48% higher.
- Some high-end retail stocks are putting in surprising gains including PVH Corp (PVH +1.7%), Michael Kors (KORS +1%), Ralph Lauren (RL +1%), Lululemon (LULU +2.4%), Luxottica (LUX +2.2%), Kate Spade (KATE +1.3%), Burberry (OTCPK:BURBY +2.1%).
Wed, Jul. 8, 3:35 AM
- PVH (NYSE:PVH) is winding down the production of Donald Trump's menswear after exclusive retail partner Macy's (NYSE:M) decided to stop selling his products in protest against his recent remarks about Mexicans.
- PVH, whose brands include Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Van Heusen and Arrow, signed a licensing deal in 2004 for apparel under the Donald J. Trump brand. That deal was supposed to end in 2018.
- Previously: Credit card breach hits Trump Hotel Collection (Jul. 02 2015)
Mon, Jun. 1, 4:17 PM
- PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) reports revenue was up 5% for the Calvin Klein business and 1% for Tommy Hilfiger in Q1 on a constant currency basis.
- The North America retail store comp was -1% for Calvin Klein and -3% for Tommy Hilfiger as a strong U.S. dollar held back international tourist spending.
- The company says it authorized a new $500M buyback program.
- Guidance: PVH expects full-years EPS of $6.85-$6.95 vs. $6.86 consensus.
- Previously: Phillips-Van Heusen beats by $0.12, beats on revenue (June 1)
- PVH +2.41% after hours.
Mon, Jun. 1, 4:02 PM
Sun, May 31, 5:35 PM
Thu, Apr. 30, 10:16 AM
- Under Armour (UA -0.7%) is making a bigger push into underwear with new products and increased advertised.
- The company is looking to increase market share in the category through an Iso-Chill fabric for its boxerjocks.
- Despite heavy competition from well-known brands, Under Armour has proved to be disruptive before to pressure larger companies.
- Underwear sellers: Hanes (NYSE:HBI), Fruit of the Loom (Berkshire Hathaway), Calvin Klein (NYSE:PVH), Jockey (private), SKNY (PVH), Gildan (NYSE:GIL).
Tue, Apr. 7, 2:47 PM
- Global clothing stocks are outperforming broad market averages on the day.
- There was some positive commentary out early from Credit Agricole which may have set up the sector for some bids.
- Demand has been improved of late in some Asian markets, while F/X challenges continue to be a large drag for some sellers.
- On the expense side, cotton prices are 28% below the level of a year ago.
- Gainers: Lululemon (LULU +4.2%), Sequential Brands Group (SQBG +6.8%), PVH Corp. (PVH +1.6%), Iconix Brand Group (ICON +1.2%), Ralph Lauren (RL +1.3%), G-III Apparel (GIII +2.1%), Michael Kors (KORS +2%).
Wed, Mar. 25, 4:13 PM
Tue, Mar. 24, 5:35 PM
Tue, Mar. 10, 12:01 PM
- PVH Corp (PVH -2.8%), G-III Apparel (GIII -2%), Ralph Lauren (RL -1.8%), Luxottica (LUX -2.1%), and Sequential Brands Group (SQBG -3.3%) are all under-performing broad market averages.
- Sentiment in global apparel stocks has eroded on concerns over foreign currency translation and some slipping demand in key Asian markets.
Tue, Mar. 3, 7:22 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 11:23 AM
- Data from NPD Group confirms that athleisure and casualwear are providing the strongest growth in the fashion industry.
- Apparel sales growth was flat Y/Y in 2014 at $208.3B.
- Footwear sales +2% to $62B.
- Accessories +2% to $52.7B.
- Categories with strong demand included sports bras, polo/golf/rugby tops, children's footwear, sports jerseys, handbags, leggings, and jewelry accessories.
- NPD says an "underlying sense of rebellion" driven by millennials is a major factor in the sector.
- Apparel/footwear stocks: CROX, DECK, WWW, SHOO, SKX, SCVL, BWS, FL, FINL, NKE, KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON.
Mon, Feb. 23, 12:07 PM
- Among the additions to the index (which fuels the IBLN ETF) are EMC, Google (GOOG, GOOGL), Goodyear (NASDAQ:GT), Mohawk Industries (NYSE:MHK), PVH, Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), and Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO). There are three health care additions as well: Allergan (NYSE:AGN), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), and HCA. The lone energy name added is Consol Energy (NYSE:CNX).
- Exiting the index are energy names Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) and National-Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV), along with healthcare companies AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), Aetna (NYSE:AET), Humana (NYSE:HUM), and Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC). Citigroup (NYSE:C), CBS, Crown Castle (NYSE:CCI), and Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) round out those subtracted.
- IBLN tracks the highest-conviction S&P 500 picks by hot-handed billionaires who built their fortunes through hedge funds and investing. The list of billionaires tracked is updated each October, and the equity components are rebalanced each quarter after sifting through regulatory filings.
- IBillionaire Index Rebalance
PVH vs. ETF Alternatives
PVH Corp is an apparel company, which designs and markets branded dress shirts, neckwear, sportswear,jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim productsand, to a lesser extent, footwear and other related products.
Other News & PR