What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Feb. 9, 2015, 10:14 AM
- PVH Corp. (PVH -5.3%) trades lower on heavy volume to hit a 52-week low.
- Concerns on the impact of the strong U.S. dollar have been voiced on PVH.
- PVH saw F/X translation clip revenue by a full percentage point in Q3.
Feb. 4, 2015, 9:47 AM
- An earnings miss and weak guidance issued from Ralph Lauren today appears to be clipping shares prices in the global apparel sector.
- The harsh impact of converting international sales back to U.S. dollars was highlighted today by Ralph Lauren's numbers.
- Lifestyle brands are getting hit the hardest.
- Previously: Polo Ralph Lauren misses by $0.09, misses on revenue
- Previously: Ralph Lauren -6.4% as strong dollar whacks results
- Decliners: PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) -4.7%, Sequential Brands (NASDAQ:SQBG) -2.5%, Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) -1.6%, VF Corp (NYSE:VFC) -1.8%, Perry Ellis (NASDAQ:PERY) -0.9%, G-III Apparel (NASDAQ:GIII) -1.4%, Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL) -3.3%, Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA) -1.0%.
Jan. 27, 2015, 3:42 PM
- Apparel retailers and manufacturers could see lower costs this year as a strong dollar goes a long way toward lowering manufacturing and purchasing expenses overseas.
- Companies which manufacture overseas or buy from global suppliers to sell largely in the U.S. are in the best position to boost their bottom lines.
- Cotton prices have also moved in the right direction for the sector.
- Another factor is the much cleaner inventory position many apparel retailers and department store chains find themselves in heading into the spring selling season.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN.
Jan. 7, 2015, 4:14 PM
- PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) announces it plans to close its Izod retail business.
- The decision will lead to the closing of 100 stores and the conversion of 20 stores to the Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger brands.
- The wholesale Izod business will continue.
Dec. 19, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (NYSE:PVH) announces it will add businesses to its existing joint venture with Gazal Corporation.
- The updated agreement will bring the Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, and Nancy Ganz brands to the JV in Australia and New Zealand.
- A closing in the early part of February is anticipated.
Dec. 18, 2014, 7:01 AM
- Apparel prices fell 1.1% in the U.S. during November, according to yesterday's CPI report.
- The drop followed a 0.2% slide in apparel prices for October.
- Retail analysts note that a higher mix of e-commerce sales and the lingering promotional haze threaten margin expansion in the sector, despite overall tighter inventory control.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN.
Dec. 4, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Shares of Destination Maternity (DEST -7.8%) slide after the company misses earnings estimates.
- A frank assessment from the company on a misfire with its assortment to millennial-aged moms-to-be strikes a bit of a chord across the apparel and department store sector.
- Many of the earnings hits and misses this quarter have been tied to on-trend or off-trend assortments. A millennial group which is hard to nail down is becoming a bigger part of that puzzle.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN, TJX.
Dec. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (NYSE:PVH): FQ3 EPS of $2.56 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $2.23B (-1.3% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
- Shares -1.22% AH.
Dec. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 1:27 PM
- Apparel seller Ann issued a warning today on the impact of labor uncertainty at West Coast ports as part of its Q4 guidance.
- The retailer expects $8M in extra air freight costs due to product shipment delays.
- There's also been some reports of delays at ports in the Seattle and Tacoma area which account for 16% of container cargo traffic on the West Coast.
- Analysts fret that more companies will resort to air freight to ensure stores are stocked in front of the Black Friday rush.
- Apparel and footwear stocks: SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, KATE, ANN, PERY, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL.
Oct. 8, 2014, 6:51 AM
- Cowen Research weighs in on the global apparel industry.
- The investment firm thinks the market will grow in the low single digits over the next few years.
- Moderate materials costs inflation will partially offset higher labor and compliance, predicts Cowen.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:FRCOY, OTCPK:IDEXY, GPS, PVH, RL, NKE, OTCQX:ADDYY, OTCPK:HMRZF, LULU.
Sep. 12, 2014, 8:10 AM
Sep. 4, 2014, 12:03 PM
- A solid quarterly report from PVH (PVH +10.2%) could also bode well for J.C. Penney (JCP +4.7%) and Kohl's (KSS +2.1%).
- During an interview on CNBC this morning, PVH CEO Emanual Chirico gave some of the credit for the company's sales gains to the department store chains.
- North American revenue for the Tommy Hilfiger business was up 8% Y/Y for PVH.
Sep. 4, 2014, 9:10 AM
Sep. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (NYSE:PVH): Q2 EPS of $1.51 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $1.98B (+1.0% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
- Shares +2.73% AH.
PVH Corp is an apparel company, which designs and markets branded dress shirts, neckwear, sportswear, jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim products and, to a lesser extent, footwear and other related products.
Other News & PR