Dec. 4, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Shares of Destination Maternity (DEST -7.8%) slide after the company misses earnings estimates.
- A frank assessment from the company on a misfire with its assortment to millennial-aged moms-to-be strikes a bit of a chord across the apparel and department store sector.
- Many of the earnings hits and misses this quarter have been tied to on-trend or off-trend assortments. A millennial group which is hard to nail down is becoming a bigger part of that puzzle.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN, TJX.
Dec. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM
Dec. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 1:27 PM
- Apparel seller Ann issued a warning today on the impact of labor uncertainty at West Coast ports as part of its Q4 guidance.
- The retailer expects $8M in extra air freight costs due to product shipment delays.
- There's also been some reports of delays at ports in the Seattle and Tacoma area which account for 16% of container cargo traffic on the West Coast.
- Analysts fret that more companies will resort to air freight to ensure stores are stocked in front of the Black Friday rush.
- Apparel and footwear stocks: SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, KATE, ANN, PERY, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL.
Oct. 8, 2014, 6:51 AM
- Cowen Research weighs in on the global apparel industry.
- The investment firm thinks the market will grow in the low single digits over the next few years.
- Moderate materials costs inflation will partially offset higher labor and compliance, predicts Cowen.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:FRCOY, OTCPK:IDEXY, GPS, PVH, RL, NKE, OTCQX:ADDYY, OTCPK:HMRZF, LULU.
Sep. 12, 2014, 8:10 AM
Sep. 4, 2014, 12:03 PM
- A solid quarterly report from PVH (PVH +10.2%) could also bode well for J.C. Penney (JCP +4.7%) and Kohl's (KSS +2.1%).
- During an interview on CNBC this morning, PVH CEO Emanual Chirico gave some of the credit for the company's sales gains to the department store chains.
- North American revenue for the Tommy Hilfiger business was up 8% Y/Y for PVH.
Sep. 4, 2014, 9:10 AM
Sep. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM
Sep. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 5, 2014, 9:12 AM
Jun. 4, 2014, 5:33 PM
Jun. 4, 2014, 5:33 PM
- In addition to missing FQ1 estimates, PVH has cut its full-year EPS guidance by $0.10 to $7.30-$7.40 (below a $7.51 consensus). Revenue is expected to total $8.5B (in-line with consensus).
- The apparel brand owner says it's seeing "heightened promotional activity across the North American retail landscape," and that this trend will also pressure FQ2 margins. Its fiscal 2H outlook is unchanged.
- Tommy Hilfiger sales +6% Y/Y to $862M, Calvin Klein +4% to $665M, Heritage Brands -2% to $436M.
- Retail store comps: +2% Y/Y for Tommy Hilfiger in North America and +6% in Europe; flat for Calvin Klein in North America and -5% international; -11% for Heritage Brands.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:06 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
PVH Corp is an apparel company, which designs and markets branded dress shirts, neckwear, sportswear, jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim products and, to a lesser extent, footwear and other related products.
Other News & PR