Jan. 27, 2015, 3:42 PM
- Apparel retailers and manufacturers could see lower costs this year as a strong dollar goes a long way toward lowering manufacturing and purchasing expenses overseas.
- Companies which manufacture overseas or buy from global suppliers to sell largely in the U.S. are in the best position to boost their bottom lines.
- Cotton prices have also moved in the right direction for the sector.
- Another factor is the much cleaner inventory position many apparel retailers and department store chains find themselves in heading into the spring selling season.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN.
Jan. 7, 2015, 4:14 PM
- PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) announces it plans to close its Izod retail business.
- The decision will lead to the closing of 100 stores and the conversion of 20 stores to the Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger brands.
- The wholesale Izod business will continue.
Dec. 19, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (NYSE:PVH) announces it will add businesses to its existing joint venture with Gazal Corporation.
- The updated agreement will bring the Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, and Nancy Ganz brands to the JV in Australia and New Zealand.
- A closing in the early part of February is anticipated.
Dec. 18, 2014, 7:01 AM
- Apparel prices fell 1.1% in the U.S. during November, according to yesterday's CPI report.
- The drop followed a 0.2% slide in apparel prices for October.
- Retail analysts note that a higher mix of e-commerce sales and the lingering promotional haze threaten margin expansion in the sector, despite overall tighter inventory control.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN.
Dec. 4, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Shares of Destination Maternity (DEST -7.8%) slide after the company misses earnings estimates.
- A frank assessment from the company on a misfire with its assortment to millennial-aged moms-to-be strikes a bit of a chord across the apparel and department store sector.
- Many of the earnings hits and misses this quarter have been tied to on-trend or off-trend assortments. A millennial group which is hard to nail down is becoming a bigger part of that puzzle.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN, TJX.
Dec. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (NYSE:PVH): FQ3 EPS of $2.56 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $2.23B (-1.3% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
- Shares -1.22% AH.
Dec. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 1:27 PM
- Apparel seller Ann issued a warning today on the impact of labor uncertainty at West Coast ports as part of its Q4 guidance.
- The retailer expects $8M in extra air freight costs due to product shipment delays.
- There's also been some reports of delays at ports in the Seattle and Tacoma area which account for 16% of container cargo traffic on the West Coast.
- Analysts fret that more companies will resort to air freight to ensure stores are stocked in front of the Black Friday rush.
- Apparel and footwear stocks: SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, KATE, ANN, PERY, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL.
Oct. 8, 2014, 6:51 AM
- Cowen Research weighs in on the global apparel industry.
- The investment firm thinks the market will grow in the low single digits over the next few years.
- Moderate materials costs inflation will partially offset higher labor and compliance, predicts Cowen.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:FRCOY, OTCPK:IDEXY, GPS, PVH, RL, NKE, OTCQX:ADDYY, OTCPK:HMRZF, LULU.
Sep. 12, 2014, 8:10 AM
Sep. 4, 2014, 12:03 PM
- A solid quarterly report from PVH (PVH +10.2%) could also bode well for J.C. Penney (JCP +4.7%) and Kohl's (KSS +2.1%).
- During an interview on CNBC this morning, PVH CEO Emanual Chirico gave some of the credit for the company's sales gains to the department store chains.
- North American revenue for the Tommy Hilfiger business was up 8% Y/Y for PVH.
Sep. 4, 2014, 9:10 AM
Sep. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (NYSE:PVH): Q2 EPS of $1.51 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $1.98B (+1.0% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
- Shares +2.73% AH.
Sep. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 5, 2014, 9:12 AM
PVH Corp. designs, sources and markets brands in the dress shirts, sportswear, neckwear, jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim products, handbags, footwear and other related categaries. Its brand portfolio includes Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner's, Olga... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Textile - Apparel Clothing
Country: United States
Other News & PR