Dec. 9, 2013, 12:10 AM
Dec. 8, 2013, 5:35 PM
Oct. 2, 2013, 6:42 PM
- PVH is unloading footwear brand G.H. Bass & Co., owned by the company since 1987, to G-III Apparel (GIII) for $50M in cash. The deal is expected to close in Q4. (PR)
- PVH expects the sale to hurt its 2013 EPS by $0.05, and to be dilutive by $0.15/share on a full-year basis. Nonetheless, the company is reaffirming its guidance for 2013 EPS of $7. It's also raising its Q3 EPS guidance to $2.25, above prior guidance of $2.20 and a $2.22 consensus.
Sep. 9, 2013, 6:49 PM
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Q2 beats across the board, but the shares are lower after-hours as the company lowers guidance for Q3.
- Net earnings however swung to a loss, as acquisition costs offset a 47% rise in total sales Y/Y.
- Tommy Hilfiger revenue rose 11% to $799M, as same- store sales were up 10% in North America and 11% in its international business.
- Calvin Klein revenue more than doubled to $671M, mainly due to the Warnaco acquisition.
- Total gross margin narrowed to 54.4% from 55.6%.
- For the current quarter, the company expects its EPS to come in around $2.20 a share on revenue of $2.2B, below Street estimates of $2.28 per share on revenue of $2.23B.
- Shares -4.3% AH.
Sep. 9, 2013, 4:21 PM
- PVH (PVH): Q2 EPS of $1.39 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.96B (+47% Y/Y) beats by $0.07B. Shares -2.74% AH. (PR)
Sep. 9, 2013, 2:21 PM
- Deutsche Bank hikes its PT on PVH to $145 ($125 previous) and reiterates a Buy rating ahead of the company's Q2 results announcement later today.
- Analyst Greg Poole expects an in-line Q2, a modest raise, and continued long-term growth. Poole notes, "Despite a recent slowdown in U.S. apparel industry trends, the market should continue to like the PVH story given: (1) potential synergies from the Warnaco integration, (2) out-year payoffs to this year's investments, and (3) a high-quality play on global growth (particularly if Europe is bottoming)."
Sep. 9, 2013, 12:10 AM
Sep. 8, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 28, 2013, 10:50 AM
- Retail traffic to U.S. stores has declined in 8 out of the last 10 weeks, according to data compiled from ShopperTrak.
- Though a few on-trend firms such as Michael Kors (KORS +0.1%) and Express (EXPR +8.5%) are still firing on all cylinders, and a heat wave in the Midwest has had an effect, the overall trend for the back-to-school season and holiday season looks weak.
- Analysts also think consumers are likely to pick up their reliance on deals as discretionary spending on housing and automobiles "crowds out" normal outlays.
- Related ETFs: XRT, RTH, PMR, RETL.
- Related stocks: APP, AEO, ANF, AZO, BBBY, BBY, BJ, CHS, COH, COST, DG, FDO, FL, GPS, HD, JCP, JNY, JWN, KSS, LTD, LULU, M, NDN, ODP, ORLY, PIR, RGS, RL, SKS, SPLS, TGT, TIF, TJX, UA, UNFI, URBN, VFC, WMT, WRC, ZLC.
Aug. 12, 2013, 12:02 PM
- Goldman's Lindsay Drucker Mann resumes TIF, RL at Neutral, PVH at Buy.
- Tiffany & Company (TIF +0.1%) is resumed at Neutral (six-month PT $84) as optimism regarding a "compelling long-term earnings runway ... is tempered by near-term earnings headwinds, including currency and an early-stage US turnaround effort."
- Ralph Lauren (RL -0.8%) is resumed at Neutral (six-month PT $205). The retailer has delivered "consistent top-line and EPS growth" for a decade against a "backdrop ... loaded with fashion and execution risk."
Jun. 13, 2013, 9:11 AM
Jun. 12, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jun. 12, 2013, 4:41 PM
More on PVH's Q1: Non-GAAP EPS comes in well ahead of both company and Street estimates. Revenue jumps 36% Y/Y due to the acquisition of Warnaco and gains at Tommy Hilfiger. On a segment-by-segment basis, comps growth was 4% and 5% for Calvin Klein North America and International, respectively, 5% and 4% for Tommy Hilfiger North America and International, and -7% for Heritage Brands. FY13 guidance reiterated at $7/share on $8.2B in sales. Shares +7.4% AH. (PR)| Jun. 12, 2013, 4:41 PM
Jun. 12, 2013, 4:12 PMPVH (PVH): Q1 EPS of $1.91 beats by $0.56. Revenue of $1.94B beats by $0.03B. (PR) | Jun. 12, 2013, 4:12 PM
Jun. 12, 2013, 12:10 AM
Jun. 11, 2013, 5:35 PM