Jun. 4, 2014, 5:33 PM
Jun. 4, 2014, 5:33 PM
- In addition to missing FQ1 estimates, PVH has cut its full-year EPS guidance by $0.10 to $7.30-$7.40 (below a $7.51 consensus). Revenue is expected to total $8.5B (in-line with consensus).
- The apparel brand owner says it's seeing "heightened promotional activity across the North American retail landscape," and that this trend will also pressure FQ2 margins. Its fiscal 2H outlook is unchanged.
- Tommy Hilfiger sales +6% Y/Y to $862M, Calvin Klein +4% to $665M, Heritage Brands -2% to $436M.
- Retail store comps: +2% Y/Y for Tommy Hilfiger in North America and +6% in Europe; flat for Calvin Klein in North America and -5% international; -11% for Heritage Brands.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH): Q1 EPS of $1.47 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.96B (+1.0% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
- Shares -5.4% AH.
Jun. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 25, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH): Q4 EPS of $1.43 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.05B (+25.0% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
- Shares +0.21% AH.
Mar. 25, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 24, 2014, 5:35 PM
Feb. 25, 2014, 9:25 AM
Jan. 31, 2014, 3:35 PM
- PVH Corporation (PVH -0.4%) adds two new members to its board, naming Brent Callinicos, CFO if Uber Technologies, and Steven Madden CEO Edward Rosenfeld.
- The board will now have 14 members.
Jan. 16, 2014, 2:18 PM
- A new survey on luxury spending by wealthy consumers in China indicates a soft demand trend may continue.
- Spending on gifts fell 25% last year, while overall spending by the wealthy fell 15%.
- A number of factors are in play with Chinese consumption taxes high and the government cracking down on corruption, but the underlying trend is that a surprising number of high net worth consumers are leaving China for new residences overseas.
- The good news for the sector is that some of the lost sales could be recaptured in different markets.
- Related stocks: Gucci (GUCG), Prada, Louis Vuitton (LVMUY), Coach (COH), Ralph Lauren (RL), Michael Kors (KORS), Swatch (SWGAY), Burberry (BURBY), Louis Vuitton (LVMHF), Tiffany (TIF), and Warnaco (WRC).
Dec. 21, 2013, 10:44 PM
- "Investors should regard it as a clear path to faster profit growth," Jack Hough says of PVH's move to reunite Calvin Klein's product lines with the $2.9B purchase of Warnaco.
- Barron's is bullish on PVH and says the shares could gain as much as 20% next year if the Warnaco purchase is handled as well as the fist Calvin Klein deal (in 2003) and the Tommy Hilfiger buyout (in 2010).
- They have "a knack for making ... purchases pay off for shareholders," Hough says.
- See also: A lot to like with PVH
Dec. 10, 2013, 1:56 PM
- Brean Capital backs PVH (PVH +3.4%) following the retailer's worse-than-forecast guidance for FQ4.
- The investment firm acknowledges some short-term pain and takes FY14 - and FY15 EPS estimates lower - but calls the business model of PVH one of the strongest in the apparel industry.
- Solid balance sheet management by PVH and the global potential for the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Kein brands makes shares attractive, says Brean.
- Shares of PVH have turned around last night's AH loss into a tidy gain.
Dec. 9, 2013, 4:28 PM
- PVH shares are down 2.7% AH following a FQ3 beat but ligher-than-expected FQ4 guidance.
- Revenue expanded 38% Y/Y to $2.26B, principally on the back of a $503M in revenue from the acquisition of Warnaco. The Tommy Hilfiger unit generated revenue growth of 10%, or $87M and pre-acquisition Calvin Klein businesses 19%, or $55M, partially offset by a 6% decrease, or $29M, in Heritage Brands.
- Calvin Klein comps jumped 3% Y/Y in North America but fell 1% internationally in FQ3. Tommy Hilfiger comps rose 3% in N.A. and 4% in Europe. Heritage Brands comps declined 3%.
- Management guides for Q4 EPS of $1.40-$1.60 (vs. analyst consensus of $1.54) and revenue of $2.08B (vs. $2.14B).
- Conference call at 9am ET tomorrow, PR
Dec. 9, 2013, 4:07 PM
- PVH (PVH): FQ3 EPS of $2.30 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $2.26B (+38% Y/Y) beats by $0.04B. Shares -4.4% AH. (PR)
Dec. 9, 2013, 12:10 AM
Dec. 8, 2013, 5:35 PM
PVH Corp. designs, sources and markets brands in the dress shirts, sportswear, neckwear, jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim products, handbags, footwear and other related categaries. Its brand portfolio includes Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner's, Olga... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Textile - Apparel Clothing
Country: United States
Other News & PR