Mon, Jun. 1, 4:17 PM
- PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) reports revenue was up 5% for the Calvin Klein business and 1% for Tommy Hilfiger in Q1 on a constant currency basis.
- The North America retail store comp was -1% for Calvin Klein and -3% for Tommy Hilfiger as a strong U.S. dollar held back international tourist spending.
- The company says it authorized a new $500M buyback program.
- Guidance: PVH expects full-years EPS of $6.85-$6.95 vs. $6.86 consensus.
- Previously: Phillips-Van Heusen beats by $0.12, beats on revenue (June 1)
- PVH +2.41% after hours.
Mon, Jun. 1, 4:02 PM
Tue, Apr. 7, 2:47 PM
- Global clothing stocks are outperforming broad market averages on the day.
- There was some positive commentary out early from Credit Agricole which may have set up the sector for some bids.
- Demand has been improved of late in some Asian markets, while F/X challenges continue to be a large drag for some sellers.
- On the expense side, cotton prices are 28% below the level of a year ago.
- Gainers: Lululemon (LULU +4.2%), Sequential Brands Group (SQBG +6.8%), PVH Corp. (PVH +1.6%), Iconix Brand Group (ICON +1.2%), Ralph Lauren (RL +1.3%), G-III Apparel (GIII +2.1%), Michael Kors (KORS +2%).
Tue, Mar. 10, 12:01 PM
- PVH Corp (PVH -2.8%), G-III Apparel (GIII -2%), Ralph Lauren (RL -1.8%), Luxottica (LUX -2.1%), and Sequential Brands Group (SQBG -3.3%) are all under-performing broad market averages.
- Sentiment in global apparel stocks has eroded on concerns over foreign currency translation and some slipping demand in key Asian markets.
Mon, Feb. 9, 10:14 AM
Sep. 4, 2014, 9:10 AM
Sep. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM
Jun. 5, 2014, 9:12 AM
Jun. 4, 2014, 5:33 PM
Jun. 4, 2014, 5:33 PM
- In addition to missing FQ1 estimates, PVH has cut its full-year EPS guidance by $0.10 to $7.30-$7.40 (below a $7.51 consensus). Revenue is expected to total $8.5B (in-line with consensus).
- The apparel brand owner says it's seeing "heightened promotional activity across the North American retail landscape," and that this trend will also pressure FQ2 margins. Its fiscal 2H outlook is unchanged.
- Tommy Hilfiger sales +6% Y/Y to $862M, Calvin Klein +4% to $665M, Heritage Brands -2% to $436M.
- Retail store comps: +2% Y/Y for Tommy Hilfiger in North America and +6% in Europe; flat for Calvin Klein in North America and -5% international; -11% for Heritage Brands.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:06 PM
Dec. 10, 2013, 1:56 PM
- Brean Capital backs PVH (PVH +3.4%) following the retailer's worse-than-forecast guidance for FQ4.
- The investment firm acknowledges some short-term pain and takes FY14 - and FY15 EPS estimates lower - but calls the business model of PVH one of the strongest in the apparel industry.
- Solid balance sheet management by PVH and the global potential for the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Kein brands makes shares attractive, says Brean.
- Shares of PVH have turned around last night's AH loss into a tidy gain.
Dec. 9, 2013, 4:07 PM
Sep. 9, 2013, 4:21 PM
Aug. 12, 2013, 12:02 PM
- Goldman's Lindsay Drucker Mann resumes TIF, RL at Neutral, PVH at Buy.
- Tiffany & Company (TIF +0.1%) is resumed at Neutral (six-month PT $84) as optimism regarding a "compelling long-term earnings runway ... is tempered by near-term earnings headwinds, including currency and an early-stage US turnaround effort."
- Ralph Lauren (RL -0.8%) is resumed at Neutral (six-month PT $205). The retailer has delivered "consistent top-line and EPS growth" for a decade against a "backdrop ... loaded with fashion and execution risk."
PVH vs. ETF Alternatives
PVH Corp is an apparel company, which designs and markets branded dress shirts, neckwear, sportswear,jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim productsand, to a lesser extent, footwear and other related products.
Other News & PR