Pixelworks - Misunderstood Semiconductor Stock With 50%+ Downside
CVC Research • 32 Comments
CVC Research • 32 Comments
Yesterday, 3:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 3:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 12:47 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:08 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Tue, May 31, 3:00 PM
Tue, May 31, 12:50 PM
Tue, May 31, 9:58 AM
- Pixelworks (PXLW +6.4%) says that its video enhancement chip is making its smartphone debut, in a new device from Asus.
- The Iris display processor will appear in Asus' ZenFone 3 Ultra, a 6.8-inch phone boasting big-screen HD video along with a Qualcomm 8976 applications processor.
- The device has a 6.8-inch LCD panel with full HD resolution and will use Pixelworks' True Clarity video enhancement to reduce motion blur on applications such as watching live sports.
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:09 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Thu, Feb. 4, 6:35 PM
- Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has guided on its Q4 earnings call for Q1 revenue of $10M-$11M and EPS of -$0.13 to -$0.20, below a consensus of $12.7M and -$0.11.
- Shares haven't moved after hours since the guidance was provided. With Pixelworks having plunged on Tuesday following a Q4 pre-announcement that included downbeat Q1 comments and news CEO Bruce Walicek has resigned, expectations were low going into earnings.
- Pixelworks' Q4 results, earnings release
Thu, Feb. 4, 4:12 PM
- Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW): Q4 EPS of -$0.08 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $13.47M (-10.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.28M.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACET, ACXM, AHL, AIV, ASYS, ATHN, ATR, BMI, CATM, CTRL, DATA, DCT, DECK, DV, ECHO, ECOM, EGAN, EGOV, ELY, ES, ESL, ESS, FLDM, FLT, G, GNW, HBI, HIG, IPHI, KRG, LGF, LNKD, MOBL, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NSR, NTGR, OMCL, OUTR, PCTY, PDM, PKI, POST, PPS, PXLW, QRVO, RDEN, RNG, SKYW, SRCL, SWIR, SXT, THG, TTMI, UBNT, UEPS, WAIR, YRCW
Tue, Feb. 2, 12:47 PM
Tue, Feb. 2, 10:14 AM| Tue, Feb. 2, 10:14 AM
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:25 PM
- Bruce Walicek has resigned as Pixelworks' (NASDAQ:PXLW) CEO, and as a board member, for "personal reasons." He'll remain a consultant to the company for up to six months.
- Stephen Domenik, a Pixelworks board member and a partner at VC firm Seven Rosen Funds, has been named interim CEO while the board searches for Walicek's successor. In addition, Todd DeBonis, formerly the VP of global sales & business development for RF chipmaker TriQuint Semi (has merged with RF Micro to form Qorvo), has been hired to serve as COO.
- Also: Pixelworks says it now expects to report Q4 revenue of $13.5M and a GAAP net loss of $0.11. Prior guidance was for revenue of $13M-$15M, GAAP EPS of -$0.09 to -$0.18, and non-GAAP EPS of -$0.05 to -$0.14. Consensus is at $14M and -$0.09.
- Pixelworks: "[T]he challenging market environment continues to impact our results and will likely contribute to greater than normal seasonal weakness in the first quarter of 2016." More details about Q1 will be given during Pixelworks' Thursday Q4 earnings call.
- PXLW -3.3% after hours to $2.05. After hours volume has only totaled 800 shares thus far.
Pixelworks, Inc. designs, develops and markets video and pixel processing semiconductors, intellectual property cores, software and custom ASIC solutions for digital video applications. Its products allow manufacturers and developers of digital display and projection devices to manufacture... More
Industry: Semiconductor - Integrated Circuits
Country: United States