Wed, Jun. 15, 3:32 AM
- California has overtaken France as the world’s sixth-largest economy, growing by 4.1% in 2015.
- The most-populous U.S. state, with a gross domestic product of $2.5T, has also eclipsed recession-plagued Brazil.
- "This is the result of both good growth in California and exchange-rate movements of the dollar vs. other currencies," said Irena Asmundson, chief economist of the California Department of Finance.
- ETFs: PCK, VCV, NAC, BFZ, PZC, PCQ, MCA, NKX, MUC, CMF, MYC, CCA, NZH, EVM, NCA, NVX, CEV, EIA, AKP, PWZ, BJZ, NXC, CXA, NBW, NCB
Jul. 3, 2015, 3:17 AM
- Marking another sign of the state's financial recovery, the one-notch upgrade to "AA-" from "A+" gives California GO debt the highest rating from S&P since 2000 - when the dot-com bust hammered the state's economy.
- California's new budget, "marks another step forward in the state's journey toward improved fiscal sustainability," said the agency's report.
- California now outranks Illinois and New Jersey and is tied with Michigan and Pennsylvania.
- ETFs: PCK, VCV, BFZ, PCQ, PZC, MCA, NAC, NKX, MUC, CMF, MYC, CCA, NZH, EVM, PWZ, AKP, NCA, NVX, CEV, EIA, BJZ, CXA, NXC, NCB, NBW
Provides current income by investing in municipal fixed-income securities exempt from federal and California state income tax. Under normal market conditions, the Fund will invest substantially all (at least 90%) of its total assets in municipal bonds that
Industry: Closed-End Fund - Debt
Country: United States