The Investment Doctor • 12 Comments
The Investment Doctor
Fri, Jul. 8, 2:08 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 2:30 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 12:45 PM
Wed, Jul. 6, 2:12 PM
Tue, Mar. 22, 12:41 PM
Dec. 9, 2015, 12:48 PM
Aug. 25, 2015, 12:46 PM
Apr. 10, 2015, 8:59 AM
- Paramount Gold (NYSEMKT:PZG) +1.9% premarket after announcing it received approval from the NYSE to list its Paramount Gold Nevada spinco.
- PZG plans to spin off of Paramount Gold Nevada as a separate, publicly traded company in connection with its merger with Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE).
- Paramount Gold Nevada will have ~8.5M common shares issued and outstanding when trading is expected to begin on the NYSE MKT on April 20.
Dec. 17, 2014, 7:45 AM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE) agrees to acquire Paramount Gold and Silver (NYSEMKT:PZG) for $146M in stock, as it expands its mining footprint in Mexico.
- As part of the deal, PZG will spin off its non-Mexican assets into a stand-alone publicly listed company, of which CDE will own a 4.9% stake.
- PZG's San Miguel mining project neighbors CDE's Palmarejo silver-gold mine in northern Mexico, and the merger enables Palmarejo to continue as one of the largest and highest grade silver and gold mines in the world.
- PZG +21.8% premarket.
Dec. 1, 2014, 4:45 PM
- Gold futures surged 3.6% to reclaim the $1,200 level for the first time since late October, sparked in part by the downgrade of Japan’s sovereign debt rating and a retreat in the dollar, as well as India easing its import restrictions and some short covering.
- Gold had sold off initially amid news that Swiss voters rejected a referendum to force the Swiss National Bank to hold 20% of its reserves in gold, slumping to overnight lows near $1,140/oz. before rallying to settle at $1,218.
- As a result, gold miners were among the strongest sectors, with the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) finishing 7.7% higher; investors also may have reacted to takeover speculation, as weekend reports said Paramount Gold (NYSEMKT:PZG) was is in talks to be acquired by Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE).
- Among the top precious metals miners: ABX +4.3%, AEM +6.9%, AU +9.1%, GG +8.2%, GFI +9.2%, SLW +7.2%, NEM +6.8%, AGI +7.7%, IAG +11.3%, AUY +7.4%, KGC +8.5%, NGD +13.7%, GOLD +6.4%, RGLD +7%.
- Other ETFs: NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SLVP, RING, SGDM, PSAU
Dec. 1, 2014, 8:12 AM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE) is in advanced talks to acquire Paramount Gold and Silver (NYSEMKT:PZG), Reuters reports, as the biggest U.S. producer of silver seeks to expand its mining footprint in Mexico.
- As part of the deal, PZG plans to spin off its non-Mexican assets into a stand-alone publicly listed company, in which CDE would hold a 4.9% stake, according to the report.
- PZG's San Miguel mining project neighbors CDE's Palmarejo silver-gold mine in northern Mexico, and a deal would enable Palmarejo to continue as one of the largest and highest grade silver and gold mines in the world for at least another seven years.
- PZG +4.5% premarket, CDE -0.2%.
Apr. 24, 2014, 9:28 AM
Jan. 17, 2014, 5:35 AM
- Roth initiates Paramount Gold And Silver (PZG) with a Buy rating and $1.25 target (Thursday close $1.06). "We believe its asset portfolio is undervalued in a recovering and accelerating M&A environment."
- "We view the company as having an undervalued asset portfolio with the potential to become a takeout candidate in an accelerating M&A environment."
- "PZG has continued to expand its resource base through drilling at its flagship asset, San Miguel, since it completed a PEA in April 2013. The company has also had successful metallurgical testing that could create the potential to include a larger portion of the known resource at San Miguel, at a lower cutoff grade via the use of a heap leach pad."
- "PZG's Second asset, Sleeper, is a historic mine that produced 1.66 million ounces of gold and 2.3 million ounces of silver in the 1980's through the 1990's. Currently the asset represents a levered call option on the gold price, but could be far more economically viable in a recovering gold price environment."
Jul. 16, 2013, 8:50 AM
Paramount Gold and Silver (PZG) says new core drilling at its Sleeper Gold Project in Nevada has intercepted exceptional gold and silver grades over unusually large widths. "The West Wood area holds considerable promise for improving the already robust economics of the Sleeper project." says CEO Chris Crupi. Additional results are expected shortly. (PR)| Jul. 16, 2013, 8:50 AM | 2 Comments
Apr. 15, 2013, 12:50 PM
Aug. 9, 2011, 9:00 AM
Premarket gainers: XIN +26%. PZG +19%. NBG +11%. RIO +10%. ALU +8%. SD +8%. ARMH +7%. FRO +7%. DRYS +7%. BHP +7%. ABB +6%. MCP +5%. NYX +5%. BAC +5%. ASML +5%. HAL +5%. DNDN +5%. ERIC +5%. IRE +4%. MPEL +4%. TS +5%. CAJ +4%. NOK +4%. MT +4%. C +3%. MGM +4%. PCX +4%. SDRL +4%. ING +4%. BCS +4%. FCX +3%. LVS +3%. LVLT +3%. AA +3%. S +3%. BP +3%.| Aug. 9, 2011, 9:00 AM | 1 Comment
Losers: FOSL -21%. SOL -7%.