Fri, Jun. 17, 7:06 AM
- Hill Rom Holdings (NYSE:HRC) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target raised to $62 (20% upside) from $54.
- Arbutus Biopharma (NASDAQ:ABUS) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Chardan. Price target is $3.25 (1% downside risk).
- Achaogen (NASDAQ:AKAO) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral by Wedbush. Price target raised to $10 (111% upside) from $7.
- PRA Health Sciences (NASDAQ:PRAH) upgraded to Overweight from Sector Weight by KeyBanc. Price target is $55 (25% upside).
- Agios Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AGIO) upgraded to Buy from Hold by JPMorgan. Price target raised to $62 (30% upside) from $50.
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Raymond James. Price target is $21.50 (20% upside).
- Aptose Biosciences (NASDAQ:APTO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Roth Capital. Price target raised to $8 (186% upside) from $4.
- Endologix (NASDAQ:ELGX) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $15.50 (23% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
- Endo International (NASDAQ:ENDP) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform by Mizuho Securities. Price target raised to $16 (5% downside risk) from $13.
- United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by H.C. Wainwright. Price target lowered to $95 (11% downside risk) from $175.
- Infinity Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:INFI) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $1 (32% downside risk) from $11.
- LDR Holding (NASDAQ:LDRH) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Cowen & Company.
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MRNS) downgraded to Perform from Outperform by Oppenheimer. $17 price target removed. Also downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform by RBC Capital.
- Mesoblast (NASDAQ:MESO) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Credit Suisse. Price target lowered to $5 (21% upside) from $10.
- Revance Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RVNC) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Brean Capital. Price target removed.
- OraSure (NASDAQ:OSUR) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Raymond James. Price target is $8 (15% upside).
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:29 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Wed, Feb. 17, 4:14 PM
Tue, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM| Tue, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM
Fri, Feb. 12, 7:38 AM
- Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD) initiated with Outperform rating and $120 (37% upside) price target by Oppenheimer.
- CareDx (NASDAQ:CDNA) initiated with Buy rating and $12 (137% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPG) initiated with Neutral rating by Guggenheim.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE) initiated with Buy rating and $104 (95% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Depomed (NASDAQ:DEPO) initiated with Buy rating and $22 (38% upside) price target by UBS.
- ACADIA Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACAD) initiated with Buy rating and $40 (128% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Leerink restarts coverage on eight stocks: four Outperforms: Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXN); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN); Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX) and Gilead Sciences (GILD); four Market Performs: Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG); Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB); Medivation (NASDAQ:MDVN) and Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN).
- TESARO (NASDAQ:TSRO) initiated with Buy rating by Lake Street.
- AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) initiated with Outperform rating by William Blair.
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) upgraded to Buy with $38 (41% upside) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Shire plc (SHPG) upgraded to Outperform with price target of $240 (59% upside) by RBC.
- Amedisys (NASDAQ:AMED) upgraded to Outperform with $40 (15% upside) price target by Oppenheimer.
- Smith & Nephew (NYSE:SNN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by UBS. Price target lowered to 1,100p (4% upside) from 1,250p.
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Canaccord. Price target lowered to $18 (18% upside) from $22.
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:BCRX) downgraded Neutral from Overweight by JP Morgan. Price target lowered to $5 (201% upside) from $16.
Fri, Jan. 8, 3:05 PM| Fri, Jan. 8, 3:05 PM
Thu, Jan. 7, 6:58 PM
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL) expects Q4 revenue of $52M-$53M, well below a $64M consensus.
- The company blames lower-than-expected flu-related orders. "According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the proportion of patients presenting with Influenza-like illness (ILI) in December did not spike in the last few weeks as it has done in many years past ... As a result, the sudden customer ordering that signals the beginning of an Influenza epidemic and often triggers re-ordering by our distribution partners over a two to three week period, has not yet occurred. In fact, in the last few weeks of December, Influenza orders from distribution were roughly one third of what they were in the same period of 2014,"
- Shares have dropped to $18.00 after hours. Q4 results will arrive in February.
Oct. 28, 2015, 4:43 PM
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL): Q3 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.19.
- Revenue of $46.8M (+14.5% Y/Y) beats by $3.32M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AFFX, AFOP, AMGN, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, BANC, BLKB, BWLD, CACI, CAVM, CBL, CGI, CHDN, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNL, CNO, CNW, CRUS, CSGP, CW, CWT, DRE, DYAX, ECHO, ELLI, EPR, EQIX, EQY, ESIO, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FFIV, FMC, FORM, FORR, FR, GPRO, HBI, HLS, HOS, HT, HUBG, HY, INT, INVN, ISIL, KEX, KRA, KS, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NEM, NGD, NSIT, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OGS, OII, ORLY, OTEX, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, QUIK, REG, ROG, ROVI, RRC, SCI, SGI, SGMO, SIMO, SPN, SPRT, SPWR, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, THG, THRX, TILE, TLLP, TSO, TTMI, UNM, VAR, VECO, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WLL, WMB, WSTL, WTS, YELP
Oct. 14, 2015, 4:36 PM
Jul. 23, 2015, 11:02 AM
- Quidel (QDEL -0.1%) Q2 results: Revenues: $34.9M (+10.8%); COGS: $15.5M (-2.5%); R&D Expense: $9.1M (+12.3%); SG&A: $17.9M (+17.8%); Operating Loss: ($9.8M) (+2.0%); Net Loss: ($8.9M) (-29.0%); Loss Per Share: ($0.26) (-30.0%); Quick Assets: $209.6M (+2.7%).
- No guidance given.
Jul. 22, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL): Q2 EPS of -$0.14 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $34.9M (+10.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.75M.
Jul. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM| Jul. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM | 5 Comments
Jul. 2, 2015, 4:07 PM
- The FDA issues 510(k) clearance for privately-held Theranos' diagnostic testing system and its test for herpes simplex 1 IgG, the 153rd test that the company provides for less than $10 in its service offering. The automated system the company has developed utilizes microfluidics to perform a wide array of tests on small volume blood samples, including those from a finger stick. Some observers believe Theranos will upend the clinical diagnostics industry with its modest costs. The herpes test, for example, will sell for only $9.07 compared to ~$175 from leading reference labs.
- Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes is one the newest celebrity entrepreneurs. Based on the company's current valuation, she is the youngest self-made female billionaire in U.S. history.
- Some diagnostics-related tickers: (NYSE:ABT) (OTCQX:RHHBY) (NASDAQ:QDEL) (NYSE:BIO) (NASDAQ:QGEN) (NASDAQ:CPHD) (NASDAQ:CEMI) (NASDAQ:TRIB) (NASDAQ:AXDX) (NASDAQ:CBMX) (NYSE:TMO)
Jun. 23, 2015, 5:04 PM
- The FDA issues 510(k) clearance for Quidel's (NASDAQ:QDEL) new molecular diagnostic instrument, Solana. Concurrently, the agency also clears a Strep A assay that runs on the system (Solana GAS Assay) for the rapid, qualitative detection of beta-hemolytic Group A Streptococcus nucleic acids from throat swab specimens.
- The Solana system, which leverages the company's Helicase-Dependent Amplification technology used in AmpliVue, can process up to 12 patient samples in 30 minutes. The Solana GAS Assay does not require an upfront extraction of DNA.
Quidel Corp. develops, manufactures and markets rapid diagnostic testing solutions. Its diagnostic testing solutions include applications in infectious diseases, women's health and gastrointestinal diseases. The company sells its products directly to end users and distributors, in each case, for... More
Industry: Diagnostic Substances
Country: United States
Other News & PR