What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Fri, Jan. 8, 3:05 PM| Fri, Jan. 8, 3:05 PM
Thu, Jan. 7, 6:58 PM
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL) expects Q4 revenue of $52M-$53M, well below a $64M consensus.
- The company blames lower-than-expected flu-related orders. "According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the proportion of patients presenting with Influenza-like illness (ILI) in December did not spike in the last few weeks as it has done in many years past ... As a result, the sudden customer ordering that signals the beginning of an Influenza epidemic and often triggers re-ordering by our distribution partners over a two to three week period, has not yet occurred. In fact, in the last few weeks of December, Influenza orders from distribution were roughly one third of what they were in the same period of 2014,"
- Shares have dropped to $18.00 after hours. Q4 results will arrive in February.
Oct. 28, 2015, 4:43 PM
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL): Q3 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.19.
- Revenue of $46.8M (+14.5% Y/Y) beats by $3.32M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AFFX, AFOP, AMGN, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, BANC, BLKB, BWLD, CACI, CAVM, CBL, CGI, CHDN, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNL, CNO, CNW, CRUS, CSGP, CW, CWT, DRE, DYAX, ECHO, ELLI, EPR, EQIX, EQY, ESIO, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FFIV, FMC, FORM, FORR, FR, GPRO, HBI, HLS, HOS, HT, HUBG, HY, INT, INVN, ISIL, KEX, KRA, KS, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NEM, NGD, NSIT, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OGS, OII, ORLY, OTEX, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, QUIK, REG, ROG, ROVI, RRC, SCI, SGI, SGMO, SIMO, SPN, SPRT, SPWR, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, THG, THRX, TILE, TLLP, TSO, TTMI, UNM, VAR, VECO, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WLL, WMB, WSTL, WTS, YELP
Oct. 14, 2015, 4:36 PM
Jul. 23, 2015, 11:02 AM
- Quidel (QDEL -0.1%) Q2 results: Revenues: $34.9M (+10.8%); COGS: $15.5M (-2.5%); R&D Expense: $9.1M (+12.3%); SG&A: $17.9M (+17.8%); Operating Loss: ($9.8M) (+2.0%); Net Loss: ($8.9M) (-29.0%); Loss Per Share: ($0.26) (-30.0%); Quick Assets: $209.6M (+2.7%).
- No guidance given.
Jul. 22, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL): Q2 EPS of -$0.14 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $34.9M (+10.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.75M.
Jul. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM| Jul. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM | 5 Comments
Jul. 2, 2015, 4:07 PM
- The FDA issues 510(k) clearance for privately-held Theranos' diagnostic testing system and its test for herpes simplex 1 IgG, the 153rd test that the company provides for less than $10 in its service offering. The automated system the company has developed utilizes microfluidics to perform a wide array of tests on small volume blood samples, including those from a finger stick. Some observers believe Theranos will upend the clinical diagnostics industry with its modest costs. The herpes test, for example, will sell for only $9.07 compared to ~$175 from leading reference labs.
- Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes is one the newest celebrity entrepreneurs. Based on the company's current valuation, she is the youngest self-made female billionaire in U.S. history.
- Some diagnostics-related tickers: (NYSE:ABT) (OTCQX:RHHBY) (NASDAQ:QDEL) (NYSE:BIO) (NASDAQ:QGEN) (NASDAQ:CPHD) (NASDAQ:CEMI) (NASDAQ:TRIB) (NASDAQ:AXDX) (NASDAQ:CBMX) (NYSE:TMO)
Jun. 23, 2015, 5:04 PM
- The FDA issues 510(k) clearance for Quidel's (NASDAQ:QDEL) new molecular diagnostic instrument, Solana. Concurrently, the agency also clears a Strep A assay that runs on the system (Solana GAS Assay) for the rapid, qualitative detection of beta-hemolytic Group A Streptococcus nucleic acids from throat swab specimens.
- The Solana system, which leverages the company's Helicase-Dependent Amplification technology used in AmpliVue, can process up to 12 patient samples in 30 minutes. The Solana GAS Assay does not require an upfront extraction of DNA.
Apr. 24, 2015, 9:00 AM
- Quidel (QDEL) Q1 results: Revenues: $61.3M (+31.3%); COGS: $21.1M (+4.5%); R&D Expense: $8.1M (-11.0%); SG&A: $21.2M (+23.3%); Operating Income: $8.7M (+535.0%); Net Income: $4M (+366.7%); EPS: $0.11 (+375.0%); Quick Assets: $232.9M (+806.2%).
- No guidance given.
Apr. 23, 2015, 4:21 PM
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL): Q1 EPS of $0.30 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $61.3M (+31.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.08M.
Apr. 22, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, AWAY, BAS, BCR, BGS, BJRI, BLDR, CB, CBI, COF, CPHD, CVTI, CYN, DGII, DV, EFII, ELY, ETFC, ETH, FET, FICO, FII, FR, FSL, GHL, GIMO, GOOG, HA, HBHC, HBI, HUBG, HWAY, JNPR, KLAC, KN, LSTR, MKTO, MMSI, MSCC, MSFT, MTSN, MXIM, MXWL, N, NEM, NTGR, P, PEB, PFG, QDEL, QLIK, RGA, RHI, RMD, RSG, SBAC, SBUX, SFG, SHOR, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWN, SYA, SYNA, TRN, UIS, VCRA, VRSN, WIRE, WRE
Mar. 17, 2015, 1:56 PM
- The FDA grants 510(k) approval for Quidel's (QDEL) molecular test for the detection of the Trichomonas vaginalis parasite. The assay, which can generate a result in 50 minutes, is a handheld self-contained disposable diagnostic test in the company's AmpliVue line.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, ~3.7M Americans have trichomoniasis, a sexually transmitted infection. It is more common in women, but only 30% of those infected develop symptoms. In pregnant women, trichomonas infection is associated with preterm delivery and newborn low body weight.
Feb. 11, 2015, 4:21 PM
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL): Q4 EPS of $0.37 beats by $0.28.
- Revenue of $63.6M (+26.8% Y/Y) beats by $2.55M.
Feb. 10, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AEM, AMAT, AMBR, AUY, BIDU, CAKE, CJES, CPA, CRAY, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CVA, CXW, CYS, DDR, DIOD, EFC, EFX, EXL, FET, FEYE, FORR, GAS, HIVE, HNI, HOS, IO, ITRI, LPSN, MET, NSIT, NTAP, NTWK, NU, NVDA, OII, PNRA, PPC, QDEL, REG, SCSS, SKX, SLF, SPRT, STMP, SWM, TAL, TCX, TRIP, TSLA, TSO, TTGT, WFM, ZEN, ZU
Other News & PR