QuinStreet: Risky Potential As It Pivots
QuinStreet: Not A Dead End
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Tue, Aug. 9, 4:26 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, APPS, ARWR, ATHX, AXAS, BW, CALL, CDXS, CHMI, CIVI, CLNE, CRME, CVCO, CYBR, DHT, DIOD, DIS, DPLO, EPIQ, EVRI, FENG, FF, FLTX, FOGO, FOSL, FTEK, GALE, HALO, HCKT, HLIT, HWAY, INFI, INWK, IPAR, JAZZ, KEYW, LITE, LSCC, MCHX, MDVN, MYGN, MYL, NH, NVAX, OMED, OMER, PCTY, PEN, PSIX, PTLA, QNST, RELY, RTK, SCTY, SEDG, SGRY, SPPI, SPWR, TAHO, TCS, TTGT, VRNS, VSAT, WAGE, XON, XONE, YELP, YRD, YUME, ZGNX, ZIOP
Tue, May 10, 4:22 PM
Mon, May 9, 5:35 PM
- AG, ALB, ALRM, AMBC, AMRS, ATSG, BUFF, CALL, CGIX, CHMI, CJES, CSLT, CYTX, DGLY, DIS, DXPE, EA, ECPG, ENSG, ESIO, EVRI, EXAM, FF, FIVN, FNGN, FOGO, FOR, FOSL, FTEK, FUEL, GALE, HCKT, HLIT, HLTH, ICUI, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, KEYW, KGC, LDRH, MTSC, NEWR, NUAN, PLNT, PSEC, PVCT, QNST, QTM, RBCN, RELY, REXX, RMTI, RTK, SCSC, TDOC, VTAE, XON, XONE, ZAGG, ZFGN, ZGNX, ZLTQ
Tue, Feb. 9, 6:45 PM
- Thinly traded marketing firm QuinStreet (NASDAQ:QNST) is flat after hours following a surprise loss and revenues that declined and missed expectations.
- GAAP net loss was $6.1M, and adjusted net loss was $1.5M, while EBITDA came to $0.2M. It's expecting revenue to grow in the next two quarters at a double-digit annualized rate, and by about 10% in fiscal 2016 compared to 2015.
- The company also said it's partnering with All Web Leads to be its exclusive provider of click product technology and management, making a one-time $10M payment for the rights.
- QuinStreet wrapped Q2 with $50.8M in cash, and $35.8M in net cash.
- Conference call link
Tue, Feb. 9, 4:26 PM
- QuinStreet (NASDAQ:QNST): FQ2 EPS of -$0.03 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $64.96M (-2.6% Y/Y) misses by $8.2M.
Mon, Feb. 8, 5:35 PM
Dec. 18, 2015, 4:34 PM
- QuinStreet (QNST -3.3%) has filed about two board departures this week: Dana Stalder said he intended to resign from the board after a 12-year stint to focus on his venture capital business.
- Stuart Huizinga has been appointed as chairperson of the audit committee, a role that Stalder held for over 10 years.
- Meanwhile, Sen. William Bradley said he would resign from the board Dec. 31 after more than 11 years as a director, due to increased travel commitments.
- The moves leave the board with eight members, and QuinStreet has no current plans to fill the vacancies.
Nov. 9, 2015, 5:13 PM
- Online marketing firm QuinStreet (QNST -5.3%) marked fiscal Q1 results where net loss narrowed slightly, but still lagged expectations, and the company missed top-line consensus as well.
- Revenues grew, though, and CEO Doug Valenti said "We continued to see strong growth from the new product, market and media initiatives that are revitalizing our business and that are representing an ever-larger share of our mix." The company reiterated its outlook for about 10% revenue growth in 2016.
- Operating cash flow was $3.2M; QuinStreet closed its Q1 with $61M in cash, $46M in net cash.
- Shares were flat in after-hours trading.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:47 PM
- QuinStreet (NASDAQ:QNST): FQ1 EPS of -$0.02 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $72.39M (+4.6% Y/Y) misses by $2.43M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEGR, AMBC, APEI, APPS, APU, ASEI, ATW, BDE, BEAT, CALL, CARA, CHMI, CKEC, CZR, DEPO, DTSI, EGY, ENV, FF, GALE, HALO, HMIN, IFF, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, JMBA, KEYW, LEAF, LF, LGF, LGND, MDR, MODN, NOR, NSPH, OMER, OPK, PDM, PFIE, PINC, PSIX, PTCT, PTLA, PVA, QNST, RARE, RAX, RBCN, REN, REXX, RLD, RMTI, SB, SBRA, SCLN, SUNE, TERP, TPC, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, TXTR, UGI, VSAT, WWD, XON, XONE, ZGNX
Aug. 3, 2015, 7:06 PM
- Online marketing firm QuinStreet (NASDAQ:QNST) posted a narrower net loss in its fiscal Q4 earnings, and revenues grew 5% but missed expectations slightly.
- The company moved up earnings to today from its previously planned report tomorrow.
- With adjustments for amortization, stock-based compensation and debt restructuring, net income came to $500K.
- "In Q4, year-over-year growth was driven primarily by more stable revenue from our Education Client Vertical and strong growth in Auto Insurance," said CEO Doug Valenti. "Education revenue grew year-over-year in the quarter for the first time in fourteen quarters, due to new products, not-for-profit clients and international markets."
- The company closed its fiscal year with $45M in net cash. The debt restructuring reduced borrowings to $15M, from $65M.
- Shares were flat in after-hours trading.
- Earnings call transcript
Aug. 3, 2015, 4:14 PM
- QuinStreet (NASDAQ:QNST): FQ4 EPS of $0.01 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $70.91M (+5.0% Y/Y) misses by $1.26M.
Aug. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEIS, AIG, ALDW, ALJ, ALL, ANH, APU, BKD, BMRN, BNFT, CAR, CGNX, CHGG, CKP, CTRP, CYH, DAC, DENN, DK, DKL, ELGX, ELNK, ENH, EPIQ, EXP, FIVN, GGP, HIL, IDTI, ININ, INN, KAR, KBR, KONA, LLNW, LMNX, MCEP, MCHP, MDU, MDWD, MIC, MRC, NLS, NVGS, OHI, ONDK, ORA, OTTR, PLOW, PPS, QEP, QLYS, QNST, RBC, RSPP, RTEC, SGMS, SNHY, THC, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, UGI, VECO, VNO, VNR, WSTC, XL
May 5, 2015, 6:18 PM
- Online marketer QuinStreet (NASDAQ:QNST) is up 5.1% in after-hours trading following a fiscal Q3 report where it grew revenues 5% and showed some promising momentum in key verticals.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $4.27M was 6% of revenue and beat an expected $2.5M. The company posted a GAAP net loss of $3.2M, but a non-GAAP result of $0.03 after excluding stock-based comp expense and amortization of intangibles.
- CEO Doug Valenti said revenue in the next quarter is estimated to grow about 5% (The company reported $67.6M in revenues a year ago). Auto insurance business revenue was up 25%, and Valenti said on the firm's earnings call that he expects the same next quarter.
- New products in the Education vertical offset declines in products for U.S. for-profit colleges, leading Education revenue to be flat (best performance in more than three years).
- Free cash flow was $2.4M; Cash and equivalents at quarter's end were $114M ($50M in net cash).
- Conference call replay
May 5, 2015, 4:39 PM
- QuinStreet (NASDAQ:QNST): FQ3 EPS of $0.03 in-line.
- Revenue of $75.34M (+4.8% Y/Y) beats by $1.33M.