Darspal S Mann
Dec. 18, 2015, 4:34 PM
- QuinStreet (QNST -3.3%) has filed about two board departures this week: Dana Stalder said he intended to resign from the board after a 12-year stint to focus on his venture capital business.
- Stuart Huizinga has been appointed as chairperson of the audit committee, a role that Stalder held for over 10 years.
- Meanwhile, Sen. William Bradley said he would resign from the board Dec. 31 after more than 11 years as a director, due to increased travel commitments.
- The moves leave the board with eight members, and QuinStreet has no current plans to fill the vacancies.
Nov. 9, 2015, 5:13 PM
- Online marketing firm QuinStreet (QNST -5.3%) marked fiscal Q1 results where net loss narrowed slightly, but still lagged expectations, and the company missed top-line consensus as well.
- Revenues grew, though, and CEO Doug Valenti said "We continued to see strong growth from the new product, market and media initiatives that are revitalizing our business and that are representing an ever-larger share of our mix." The company reiterated its outlook for about 10% revenue growth in 2016.
- Operating cash flow was $3.2M; QuinStreet closed its Q1 with $61M in cash, $46M in net cash.
- Shares were flat in after-hours trading.
May 5, 2015, 6:18 PM
- Online marketer QuinStreet (NASDAQ:QNST) is up 5.1% in after-hours trading following a fiscal Q3 report where it grew revenues 5% and showed some promising momentum in key verticals.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $4.27M was 6% of revenue and beat an expected $2.5M. The company posted a GAAP net loss of $3.2M, but a non-GAAP result of $0.03 after excluding stock-based comp expense and amortization of intangibles.
- CEO Doug Valenti said revenue in the next quarter is estimated to grow about 5% (The company reported $67.6M in revenues a year ago). Auto insurance business revenue was up 25%, and Valenti said on the firm's earnings call that he expects the same next quarter.
- New products in the Education vertical offset declines in products for U.S. for-profit colleges, leading Education revenue to be flat (best performance in more than three years).
- Free cash flow was $2.4M; Cash and equivalents at quarter's end were $114M ($50M in net cash).
- Conference call replay
Aug. 12, 2014, 5:37 PM
Feb. 4, 2014, 5:39 PM
Apr. 16, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jun. 21, 2012, 11:11 AM
May 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
Apr. 30, 2012, 5:06 PM
QuinStreet (QNST) -14% after reporting FQ3 EPS of $0.06, which may not be comparable to the $0.24 consensus because it includes an unexpected bad debt write-off of receivables due from an agency that became insolvent. Revenues fell 13.6% Y/Y to $93M vs. $102M consensus. (PR)| Apr. 30, 2012, 5:06 PM
Feb. 2, 2012, 10:15 AM
Nov. 8, 2011, 7:39 AM
Shares of QuinStreet (QNST) fall 11.7% premarket after the firm reports lower-than-expected FQ1 revenue - dragged down by a 16% decline in its financial services segment. The online marketing company says it now projects 2012 revenue to be flat with 2011.| Nov. 8, 2011, 7:39 AM
Aug. 11, 2011, 11:37 AM
Online ad services company QuinStreet (QNST) gains 15.6% after reporting FQ4 revenue of $94.1M (+6% Y/Y) and EPS of $0.24, beating consensus by $2.3M and $0.06. Gross margin declined to 26.6% from 29% in FQ4 2010. Growth was driven by a 12% Y/Y increase in sales for the company's Education client vertical. (PR)| Aug. 11, 2011, 11:37 AM
Jun. 8, 2011, 12:39 PM