Wed, Oct. 26, 4:20 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AHL, ALDW, ALGT, AMSF, ANIK, AR, ARI, ARRS, AXS, AXTI, BGG, BWLD, CAA, CACI, CAKE, CDE, CHE, CMO, CMPR, CRY, CSGP, CSII, CW, DDR, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, EGHT, EPE, EQY, ESND, ESV, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISV, FORR, GG, GRPN, GTY, HUBG, IBKC, INFN, JBT, KEX, KMT, KNX, KRA, KRC, KWR, LLNW, LMAT, MB, MC, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MUR, NEM, NEU, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NXPI, O, OCN, ORLY, PLNT, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, RGA, RHI, RJF, SCI, SFLY, SGMO, SHLM, SIGI, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TRN, TSLA, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UCTT, UHS, UNM, VAR, VMW, WCN, WDC, WIRE, WLL, XL
Thu, Oct. 6, 10:35 AM
- Quantum (NYSE:QTM): expects FQ2 EPS of $0.00 vs. a consensus of $-0.01
- Revenue of $132-134M (+13.0-14.5% Y/Y) vs. a consensus of $119.94M
- CEO Jon Gacek: "Following our strong first quarter performance, we built on our market momentum to deliver even stronger results for the September quarter, with year-over-year growth in both scale-out storage and branded data protection revenue, We are particularly pleased with the 50-plus percent growth in scale-out storage, which was driven by increased sales across all our key vertical markets".
- Shares +7%.
- Press Release
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:37 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Tue, May 10, 4:19 PM
- Quantum (NYSE:QTM): FQ4 EPS of $0.02 in-line.
- Revenue of $120M (-18.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.32M.
Mon, May 9, 5:35 PM
- AG, ALB, ALRM, AMBC, AMRS, ATSG, BUFF, CALL, CGIX, CHMI, CJES, CSLT, CYTX, DGLY, DIS, DXPE, EA, ECPG, ENSG, ESIO, EVRI, EXAM, FF, FIVN, FNGN, FOGO, FOR, FOSL, FTEK, FUEL, GALE, HCKT, HLIT, HLTH, ICUI, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, KEYW, KGC, LDRH, MTSC, NEWR, NUAN, PLNT, PSEC, PVCT, QNST, QTM, RBCN, RELY, REXX, RMTI, RTK, SCSC, TDOC, VTAE, XON, XONE, ZAGG, ZFGN, ZGNX, ZLTQ
Mon, Apr. 18, 11:31 AM
- Fuad Ahmad, a partner at CFO consulting firm FLG Partners and before that a CFO at multiple tech companies, has been named Quantum's (QTM -0.5%) CFO, effective April 15. The hiring comes three months after Quantum announced Linda Breard had resigned as CFO to "pursue another opportunity."
- Also: Quantum says it expects to report FQ4 (calendar Q1) revenue of $120M and EPS of $0.02. Prior guidance was $118M-$122M and $0.00-$0.01; consensus was $121.5M and $0.01.
- The company adds its credit line with Wells Fargo has been extended to Aug. 10, 2017, and that it has secured "a major, multi-year scale-out storage win for a large cloud project that is expected to contribute significant revenue over the course of [FY17]." The win is expected to help Quantum deliver positive revenue growth in FY17 (ends March '17), as well as higher profits and cash flow. The FY17 revenue growth consensus is at 0.8%.
Mon, Feb. 1, 1:10 PM
- Crosssroads (CRDS -22.7%) is now down 67% from Thursday's close, following Friday's news (confirmed in a PR issued after the close) the USPTO ruled (via inter partes reviews) challenged claims in the company's '035 and '147 patents are unpatentable.
- Quantum (QTM -14%) is down 40% since posting an FQ3 miss, issuing soft FQ4 guidance, and disclosing CFO Linda Breard has resigned on Thursday afternoon.
- Crossroads' market cap now stands at $9M, less than the $11.8M cash balance it had as of Oct. 31. Quantum's market cap is down to $125M; the company had $35.6M in cash, $68.9M in long-term debt, and $69.1M in convertible subordinated debt as of Dec. 31.
Fri, Jan. 29, 11:53 AM
- Quantum (QTM -22.8%) has tumbled towards $0.50 after missing FQ3 estimates (moreso on revenue than EPS) and guiding for FQ4 revenue of $118M-$122M and EPS of $0.00-$0.01, below a consensus of $140.2M and $0.02.
- The storage hardware/software vendor also disclosed CFO Linda Breard has resigned to "pursue another opportunity." Financial planning/analysis VP Chris Willis will serve as interim CFO while Quantum searches for Breard's successor.
- CEO Jon Gacek tries to put a positive spin on the FQ3 numbers. "We are pleased with our overall results and the continued scale-out revenue growth this quarter, to a new record high, especially given the overall weakness in the broad storage market environment. In response to the market conditions, we also successfully implemented significant operational changes during the quarter that improved our profitability."
- Cost controls - GAAP operating expenses fell by $800K Y/Y to $54.7M - limited the size of Quantum's EPS miss. GAAP opex is expected to drop to $50M-$51M in FQ4; non-GAAP opex is expected to total $48M-$49M.
- On the earnings call (transcript), Gacek stated tape automation, backup, and data protection/devices/media revenue each fell Y/Y. He added Quantum continues to see "significant pricing pressure on tape media products and [continues] to make conscious decisions to not pursue unprofitable revenue opportunities" Scale-out storage revenue (up 31% to $8.5M) remains a strong point.
- Quantum's FQ3 results, earnings release
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:22 PM
- Quantum (NYSE:QTM): FQ3 EPS of $0.02 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $128.05M (-9.9% Y/Y) misses by $7.19M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM| Wed, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM | 9 Comments
Nov. 18, 2015, 1:42 PM| Nov. 18, 2015, 1:42 PM
Oct. 30, 2015, 1:13 PM
- While Quantum's (NYSE:QTM) FQ2 results officially missed consensus, it meshed with the guidance provided in the company's Oct. 6 warning. Meanwhile, the beaten-down storage hardware vendor guided for FQ3 revenue of $130M-$140M and EPS of $0.02-$0.03 vs.a consensus of $138.4M and $0.02.
- Top-line performance: Scale-out storage product/service revenue remained a strong point in FQ2, rising 17% Y/Y to $29.9M; growth was 33% after factoring a $4.1M backlog. Tape automation revenue fell 25% to $48.7M, disk system backup revenue fell 14% to $18.2M, and devices/media revenue fell 12% to $11.5M. Royalty revenue fell 19% to $8.7M.
- Gross margin (non-GAAP) fell to 39.9% from 46.3% a year ago. Operating expenses fell by $600K to $52.5M. FQ3 GM and opex guidance is respectively at 42%-43% and $48M-$50M.
- FQ2 results, PR
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:47 PM
- Quantum (NYSE:QTM): FQ2 EPS of -$0.03 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $117.03M (-13.4% Y/Y) misses by $4.74M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ARAY, ARI, ATEN, ATR, AUY, AXTI, AZPN, BCOR, BCOV, BGG, BIDU, BMRN, BVN, BXP, CALX, CATM, CENX, CLW, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, EA, ECOL, EHTH, EMN, EPAY, ESS, EXPE, EXTR, EYES, FE, FLDM, FLR, FLS, FRGI, FSLR, FWM, GB, GNW, HWAY, IM, IMMR, IMPV, ISBC, IXYS, KAMN, KRG, LC, LEG, LNKD, LSCC, MEP, MOBL, MOD, MOH, MTSN, MXWL, NANO, NBIX, NR, NSR, NUS, OIS, OMCL, ON, OSIS, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PRMW, PSMT, QTM, RGA, RKUS, RSG, SAAS, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEM, SGEN, SHO, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, VR, WRI, WU, WWWW, YRCW