Quantum Fuel Systems: An Update After Quarterly Earnings And Realization Of Price Target
Shaun Currie, CFA • 14 Comments
Shaun Currie, CFA • 14 Comments
Wed, Mar. 23, 9:10 AM
- Quantum Fuel Systems (NASDAQ:QTWW) files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, which it says will enable it to seek an acquirer through an expeditious 363 sale process.
- QTWW says it has obtained $6M in debtor-in-possession financing commitment from Douglas Acquisitions, an affiliate of existing second position secured creditors; the commitment is subject to court approval.
Mon, Jan. 4, 9:02 AM
- Quantum Fuel Systems (NASDAQ:QTWW) -11% premarket after receiving a non-compliance notice from Nasdaq relating to the $1 minimum bid price requirement.
- QTWW will have 180 calendar days, or until June 27, to regain compliance with the minimum bid requirement; to regain compliance, the bid price must close at or above $1/share for a minimum of 10 consecutive business days.
Nov. 12, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Quantum Fuel Systems (NASDAQ:QTWW): Q3 EPS of -$0.17 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $9.45M (+42.7% Y/Y) misses by $2.85M.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Quantum Fuel Systems (NASDAQ:QTWW): Q2 EPS of -$0.12 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $10.68M (+63.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.27M.
May 5, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Quantum Fuel Systems (NASDAQ:QTWW): Q1 EPS of -$0.13 in-line.
- Revenue of $9.2M (+15.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.24M.
Apr. 2, 2015, 2:31 PM
- Quantum Fuel (QTWW +6.1%) says it has won an order from UPS for 319 fuel systems for the package delivery company's heavy duty compressed natural gas vehicle program.
- QTWW says delivery dates will begin in mid-2015 and include the recently released versions of Quantum's Q-Cab Lite and Q-Rail Lite storage systems, plus anticipated September delivery of a version of its soon to be released next-generation back-of-cab storage system.
Mar. 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 12, 2015, 4:04 PM
- Quantum Fuel Systems (NASDAQ:QTWW): Q4 EPS of -$0.17 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $13M (+2.2% Y/Y) beats by $2.66M.
Feb. 19, 2015, 9:12 AM
Feb. 12, 2015, 12:42 PM
- Quantum Fuel (QTWW -5.8%) priced a 4M-share public offering at $2.50/share, with an underwriters option to purchase up to an additional 600K shares, but did the company give shares away too cheap, or is it just the cost of doing business in such a volatile speculative sector?
- Pricing a secondary is not easy for a very volatile stock; shares closed at $3.26 yesterday and recently surpassed $4, but the 52-week range is $1.75-$11.25.
- QTWW says it plans to use proceeds of the offering for general corporate and working capital purposes.
Feb. 9, 2015, 12:46 PM
Feb. 9, 2015, 10:42 AM
- Quantum Fuel Systems (QTWW +18.6%) powers higher after issuing upside guidance for Q4 revenues, expecting product sales to double Q/Q, which would equate to revenues of $12M-$13M vs. $8.65M analysts consensus estimate.
- QTWW also anticipates a ~$17.8M product backlog at year-end 2014, up $3M Q/Q.
- QTWW forecasts 2015 revenues will grow 40%-50% Y/Y, based on existing and anticipated orders and continued improvement in related product margins.
Jan. 2, 2015, 12:50 PM
Dec. 15, 2014, 3:58 PM
- Quantum Fuel Systems (QTWW +20.5%) is surging after disclosures of multiple insider buys; the CFO disclosed a purchase of 10K shares worth a total of $19.5K, and two directors disclosed purchases of 15K shares worth a combined total of $30K.
- QTWW also says it delivered the first hydrogen dispensing system that measures hydrogen mass with connectivity to retail interface and user friendly payment features.
Dec. 15, 2014, 12:52 PM
Dec. 8, 2014, 12:45 PM
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide designs, develops, and produces compressed natural gas storage tanks & packaged fuel systems and other fuel and propulsion systems for alternative fuel vehicle applications.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Parts
Country: United States
Other News & PR