UniQure IPO Could Heal What Ails Investors In 2014
There are no Transcripts on QURE.
at CNBC.com (Mar 14, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 5, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 5, 2014)
Thu, Jul. 17, 12:46 PM
Tue, Jul. 1, 1:23 PM
- uniQure N.V. (QURE +1.5%) closes an additional $10M venture debt loan with Hercules Technology Growth Capital (HTGC +0.4%). This doubles the loan amount to $20M. It borrowed its first $10M in July 2013. The loan will fund the advancement of the firm's pipeline and the access to early-stage third party development programs.
Fri, Jun. 6, 8:09 AM
- Dutch biotech uniQure N.V. (QURE) reports Q1 results. License and collaboration revenues: EURO1.2M; R&D expenses: EURO6.2M (+72.2%); net loss: EURO7.8M (-50.0%); loss/share: EURO0.52 (+1.9%); cash and equivalents: EURO77.5M. Increase in R&D expenses was due to the expansion of activities in the hemophilia B program.
- Signed a strategic collaboration with 4D Molecular Therapeutics for exclusive access to 4D's adeno-associated viral (AAV) vector discovery and optimization technology for gene delivery to the central nervous system and liver.
- Commercialization partner Chiesi advanced the launch of Glybera by establishing centers of excellence and working on reimbursement issues.
- Hemophilia B AAV5 candidate Phase 1/2 trial expected to start by the end of the year.
Fri, Jun. 6, 7:12 AM
Mon, Apr. 21, 12:56 PM
- Three late bull market biotech IPOs are shining examples of the truism of sector rotation and the value of diving through the funding window before it closes.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE -6.4%) debuted on January 31 on robust volume of 4.4M shares. Trading opened at almost 2x the IPO price of $21 ending the day at $42.25. Prices peaked at $69.77 on March 13. Shares trade hands today at $40. The firm still sports a market cap of $1.2B despite no revenues and two products in Phase 2 clinicals.
- Dicerna Pharmaceuticals (DRNA -1.5%) debuted on January 30 on 4M shares. Trading opened at > 2x the IPO price of $15 ending the day at $46 never to return. Today shares exchange hands at $16, a tidy 65% drop from the peak. The company has no revenues and only one product in Phase 1 clinicals.
- Uniqure N.V. (QURE -1%) debuted on February 5 on 4.7M shares. Prices struggled to stay above the IPO price of $17 and eventually succumbed to selling pressure ending the day at $14.61. Prices peaked at $18.75 on February 26. Shares trade hands today at $8.80 representing a 53% haircut from the peak. The company has no product revenues but plans to launch its gene therapy product, Glybera, in selected European countries in H1 2014.
- Biotech ETFs: IBB, XBI, BIB, BBH, FBT, PBE, BIS
Wed, Apr. 16, 12:46 PM
Wed, Apr. 9, 11:24 AM
- Eric Goossens joins gene therapy company uniQure (QURE +0.8%) as Chief Operating Officer. Previously, he was Site Director for Datwyler Pharma Packaging.
- Deya Corzo, M.D. joins the firm as VP, Medical Affairs for the U.S. She was previously with Celgene.
- Piers Morgan, CFO, will leave the company on May 20 to pursue other interests. The search for his replacement is underway.
Wed, Feb. 5, 1:06 PM| 1 Comment
Wed, Feb. 5, 9:25 AM
- uniQure (QURE) prices a Nasdaq IPO of 5.4M shares at $17 each, above expectations for an offer of 4.6M shares at $13-15.
- There is also a greenshoe option of 810,000 shares.
- The gene therapy biopharmaceutical company expects to raise net proceeds of $81.9M in the offering, which is due to close on February 10.
- Seeking Alpha author Don Dion believes that while "there's no guarantee" that uniQure's main product, Glybera, will catch on, the firm "appears to have long-term potential for success in the gene therapy field."
- "Glybera is used to treat a subset of patients with lipoprotein lipase deficiency (LPLD), a dangerous metabolic disease," Dion writes. (PR)
- ETF IPO
QURE vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR