Tue, Oct. 27, 7:12 AM
- Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI) reported a 65% jump in non-GAAP operating income to $1.41B in Q3.
- Total domestic cigarette volumes were up 29.5% during the quarter as the addition of the Newport brand factored in. Retail market share +30 bps to 33.9%.
- Reynolds' operating margin improved 640 bps to 44.4%.
- The company ended the quarter with $2.9B in cash.
- Reynolds American earnings press release (.pdf)
- Previously: Reynolds American EPS in-line, beats on revenue (Oct. 27 2015)
- RAI +0.65% premarket to $49.84.
Tue, Oct. 27, 7:05 AM
Mon, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- AHGP, AIXG, AKS, AME, AMTD, ARG, ARLP, AVX, AXE, BABA, BAX, BEAV, BMY, BP, BTU, CMCSA, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, ERJ, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, GLW, GPI, GRUB, HCA, HUN, ICLR, IIVI, IMGN, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, LPT, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDC, MDSO, MGLN, MMC, MNI, MRK, MSM, NCI, NVS, ONE, PCAR, PCH, PCRX, PFE, POL, POR, QSR, RAI, RDN, SAVE, SCHN, SEE, SIR, SPG, SPR, ST, SUI, TMUS, TREX, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WM, WSO, WYN, YNDX
Tue, Jul. 28, 7:09 AM
- Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI) reports domestic cigarette volume increased 5.6% in Q2.
- Domestic retail market share improved 20 bps to 33.6% during the quarter.
- Adjusted operating margin was up 470 bps to 42.1%.
- The company says the deleveraging the balance sheet will be a top priority after its bond offering related to the Lorillard purchase.
- Guidance: Reynolds increase full-year EPS guidance to $1.90-$2.00 vs. $1.83-$1.90 prior.
- Earnings release (.pdf)
- Previously: Reynolds American beats by $0.05, misses on revenue
Tue, Jul. 28, 7:06 AM
Fri, Apr. 17, 7:30 AM
- Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI) reports cigarette volume fell 2.4% to 13.9B in Q1 vs. +0.5% industry average.
- Cigarette market share -50 bps to 26.1%.
- Premium mix +30 bps to 58.7%.
- SG&A expenses +23.73% Y/Y to $511M.
- Operating margin rate increased 280 bps to 37.2%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Adjusted EPS: $3.65 to $3.80.
- RAI +1.70% premarket.
Fri, Apr. 17, 7:01 AM
Thu, Apr. 16, 5:30 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 9:27 AM
- Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI) reports cigarette volume fell 4.9% to 14.9B in Q4 vs. the -2.0% industry average.
- Cigarette market share -30 bps to 26.4%.
- Premium mix +80 bps to 58.4%.
- SG&A expenses +91% Y/Y to $703M (Vuse investment).
- Guidance from the company was in-line expectations going into the company's merger with Lorillard.
- RAI +1.5% premarket.
Tue, Feb. 10, 7:13 AM
Mon, Feb. 9, 5:30 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 7:23 AM
- Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI) reports cigarette shipment volume fell 2.9% during Q3.
- The company's cigarette market share slipped 10 bps to 26.6%.
- Operating margin for RJR Tobacco +410 bps to 41.6%.
- Reynolds ended the quarter with $1.3B in cash.
- 2014 guidance: A prior forecast for EPS of $3.35-$3.345 is reaffirmed.
- RAI earnings release (.pdf)
Oct. 21, 2014, 7:08 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 29, 2014, 8:52 AM
- Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI) reports cigarette shipments fell 8.3% Y/Y in Q2 - mark which was worse than the industry average of a 5.5% volume drop.
- Though the Camel and Pall Mall brands made market share gains, overall Reynolds lost 10 bps of share to 26.5%.
- The Vuse roll-out began during the quarter and by the end of the period over 21K retail outlets sold the e-cig product.
- The company tightened its guidance to a range of $3.35-$3.45 vs. $3.30-$3.45 prior.
- RAI -0.7% premarket
Jul. 29, 2014, 7:51 AM
Other News & PR