Jul. 8, 2015, 11:09 AM
- CA Technologies (CA +0.1%) has closed its $480M ($19.50/share) acquisition of cloud software development tool vendor Rally Software (RALY), a deal first announced on May 27.
- Rally chairman/CEO Tim Miller will become a CA general manager reporting to the company's chief product officer. Rally's organization and leadership will continue reporting to Miller.
- CA will provide guidance that takes the Rally deal into account in its July 23 FQ1 report.
Jun. 4, 2015, 4:20 PM
- Rally Software (NYSE:RALY): FQ1 EPS of -$0.20 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $24.45M (+25.8% Y/Y) in-line.
Jun. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
May 28, 2015, 9:16 AM
May 27, 2015, 4:57 PM
- CA Technologies is buying Rally Software (NYSE:RALY), a maker of cloud-based software development tools, for $19.50/share, or $480M net of cash on hand. The price represents a 44% premium to Rally's Wednesday close.
- CA, which is looking to cut its dependence on a slow-growing system management software market (pressured by cloud competition), states Rally's Agile Development tools will "complement and expand CA's strengths in the areas of DevOps and Management Cloud." Rally's clients include over 35 Fortune 100 firms.
- The deal is expected to close in calendar Q3 (CA's FQ2). In spite of the premium, CA's purchase price is well below Rally's 2013 post-IPO high of $33.05.
- Rally is at $19.25 in AH trading. CA is unchanged.
May 14, 2015, 3:06 PM
- With the Nasdaq up 1.3%, major tech gainers are easily outnumbering major decliners.
- Notable gainers include Chinese online classifieds leader 58.com (WUBA +4.2%), smart grid hardware/software provider Silver Spring (SSNI +8%), solar power optimizer/inverter maker SolarEdge (SEDG +5.6%), Hadoop analytics software provider Hortonworks (HDP +8.4%), software development app provider Rally Software (RALY +4.8%), Chinese mobile app developer Cheetah Mobile (CMCM +6.7%), and online ad retargeting firm Criteo (CRTO +4.3%).
- 58.com and Cheetah are joining several other Chinese Internet stocks in rallying strongly after good earnings reports from Ctrip and NetEase. Silver Spring is now up 30% since beating Q1 estimates and providing strong guidance on May 7. Hortonworks is up 13% since posting a Q1 beat and guidance hike on Monday. SolarEdge is up 29% since delivering blowout results/guidance a week ago. Criteo is up 11% since last week's Q1 beat and strong guidance.
- Previously covered: Facebook, Qiwi, Youku/MagnaChip, Cypress, Qunar, Himax, Ctrip, NetEase
- Notable decliners: Digital Ally, Identiv, Camtek
Mar. 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 20, 2015, 9:23 AM
Mar. 19, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Rally Software (NYSE:RALY): Q4 EPS of -$0.28 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $24.6M (+25.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.32M.
Mar. 18, 2015, 5:35 PM
Dec. 5, 2014, 12:50 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 5:36 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:18 PM
- Rally Software (NYSE:RALY): FQ3 EPS of -$0.22 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $22M (+16.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.38M.
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 28, 2014, 4:25 PM
- Rally Software (NYSE:RALY): FQ2 EPS of -$0.30 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $21.51M (+8.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.94M.