SA News • Mon, Nov. 10
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 3, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 20, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 18, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 14, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 14, 2014)
There are no Transcripts on RARE.
Mon, Nov. 10, 9:12 AM
Mon, Oct. 27, 12:51 PM
- The FDA designates Ultragenyx Pharmaceuticals' (RARE -1.7%) triheptanoin an Orphan Drug (OD) for the treatment of glucose transporter type-1 deficiency syndrome (Glut1 DS). The product is currently in Phase 2 development.
- Among the benefits of OD designation are seven years of market exclusivity, discounted or complete waiver of application fees and tax credits for clinical testing expenses conducted after the OD tag is received.
Mon, Aug. 11, 10:21 AM
Mon, Aug. 11, 9:03 AM
Wed, Jul. 9, 8:49 AM
- Ultragenyx (RARE) prices its public offering of 2,017,349 shares of common stock at $40.00 per share. The company is selling 1,311,277 shares and certain shareholders are selling 706,072 shares. Underwriters over-allotment is 302,602 shares. Net proceeds to the company will be used to advance its clinical and preclinical pipeline.
Tue, Jul. 8, 12:46 PM
Wed, Jun. 18, 3:53 PM
Wed, Jun. 18, 12:45 PM
Mon, May. 12, 9:23 AM
Mon, Apr. 21, 12:56 PM
- Three late bull market biotech IPOs are shining examples of the truism of sector rotation and the value of diving through the funding window before it closes.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE -6.4%) debuted on January 31 on robust volume of 4.4M shares. Trading opened at almost 2x the IPO price of $21 ending the day at $42.25. Prices peaked at $69.77 on March 13. Shares trade hands today at $40. The firm still sports a market cap of $1.2B despite no revenues and two products in Phase 2 clinicals.
- Dicerna Pharmaceuticals (DRNA -1.5%) debuted on January 30 on 4M shares. Trading opened at > 2x the IPO price of $15 ending the day at $46 never to return. Today shares exchange hands at $16, a tidy 65% drop from the peak. The company has no revenues and only one product in Phase 1 clinicals.
- Uniqure N.V. (QURE -1%) debuted on February 5 on 4.7M shares. Prices struggled to stay above the IPO price of $17 and eventually succumbed to selling pressure ending the day at $14.61. Prices peaked at $18.75 on February 26. Shares trade hands today at $8.80 representing a 53% haircut from the peak. The company has no product revenues but plans to launch its gene therapy product, Glybera, in selected European countries in H1 2014.
- Biotech ETFs: IBB, XBI, BIB, BBH, FBT, PBE, BIS
Wed, Apr. 16, 12:46 PM
Wed, Apr. 9, 12:45 PM
Mon, Mar. 24, 9:07 AM
Tue, Feb. 25, 1:14 PM
- "Ultragenyx (RARE +3.8%) has a broad and promising pipeline consisting of four therapies for five rare and serious genetic diseases," says Canaccord analyst Salveen Richter, initiating the red-hot recently IPOd stock with a Buy and $85 price target. "We like the orphan-disease-focused strategy for early proof-of-concept, short time-to-clinic, exclusivity and pricing power and particularly the leveragability of this model." He estimates $1B in peak worldwide sales for the company, with high chance of securing regulatory approval. " In addition, we view the preclinical asset (rhPPCA) as a free call option and expect a continued focus on early-stage R&D."
- Cowen and Morgan also launch coverage with Buys.
- Ahead since its IPO, but a relative slacker compared to RARE, Cara Therapeutics (CARA +2.6%) also rates a Buy from Canaccord with $25 price target. "We expect positive data from three upcoming post-op Ph3 studies in H2/15," says analyst Ritu Baral. "We think ‘845 could gain significant market share and model potential US peak sales of $750M."
- Stifel, Janney, and Piper also chime in with Buy ratings.
Fri, Feb. 21, 12:45 PM
Fri, Jan. 31, 10:58 AM
- After pricing its 5.8M-share IPO at $21 (above a range of $19-$20), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE) opened at $45.80 and is currently at $44.32, up 111%.
- Ultragenyx, a developer of drugs that aim to treat metabolic genetic diseases, sports a market cap of $1.29B. Fellow drug developer Dicerna Pharmaceuticals pulled off a post-IPO double yesterday.
- Prospectus, IPO preview
RARE vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR