Tue, Nov. 24, 8:34 AM
- Adjusted net income of $4.8M, or $0.13 per diluted share vs. $6.8M, or $0.18 per diluted share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Engineered Films -10.5%; Applied Technology -35.6%; Aerostar -50.9%.
- During the quarter, the company determined that a write-down of the goodwill related to Vista Research was required, following lowered expectations for sales and operating income of the business.
- Repurchased 1.1M shares during the quarter for a total of $18.5M.
- "Although we believe the worst will be behind us once we begin our next fiscal year, market conditions in Engineered Films and Applied Technology are not likely to improve significantly for the foreseeable future," CEO Dan Rykhus said.
- Q3 results
Tue, Nov. 24, 8:02 AM
Thu, Nov. 19, 10:33 AM
- Raven Industries (RAVN +0.6%) and CNH Industrial (CNHI -0.7%) have established a new long term agreement, strengthening the partnership between the two companies.
- This deal will expand the use of Raven products and technology through the global dealer network for CNH Industrial brands Case IH and New Holland Agriculture.
Wed, Aug. 26, 8:03 AM
Thu, Aug. 20, 8:11 AM
- Net income of $4.2M, or $0.11 per diluted share vs. $7.7M, or $0.21 per diluted share, in last year's second quarter.
- Sales by segment: Engineered Films -15.4%; Applied Technology -43.7%; Aerostar -41.2%.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $47.6M, flat with the previous quarter.
- Repurchased 400K shares during the quarter, bringing the total shares repurchased year-to-date to 550K shares.
- Q2 results
- RAVN -4.2% premarket
Thu, Aug. 20, 8:02 AM
Mon, Jun. 22, 11:03 AM
- Raven Industries' (RAVN +4.8%) shares could fly higher, writes David Englander in Barron's, stating that the company is looking for new ways to profit even as falling oil and corn prices hurt its traditional customers.
- One such area is building balloon's for Google’s Project Loon.
- Raven has seen its stock slide 50% since the end of 2013 as demand for its products dried up. But that sell-off looks like an opportunity for investors, as much of the bad news appears to be in the price.
Mon, Jun. 15, 5:40 PM
Mon, Jun. 1, 8:35 AM
- Raven Industries (NASDAQ:RAVN) has been awarded a firm-fixed price contract through the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division for the procurement of Exportable Persistent Ground Surveillance Systems and other equipment.
- The $6M tethered aerostat contract is expected to be delivered over the next 12 months.
Fri, May 22, 9:20 AM
Tue, May 19, 8:02 AM
Mon, Mar. 16, 9:21 AM
Wed, Mar. 11, 6:07 AM
Dec. 9, 2014, 4:28 PM
Nov. 20, 2014, 9:13 AM
Aug. 26, 2014, 4:58 PM
Raven Industries Inc is a technology company providing products to customers within the industrial, agricultural, energy, construction & military markets. Its operating segment includes: Applied Technology, Engineered Films & Aerostar Division.
Other News & PR