Yesterday, 8:34 AM
- Adjusted net income of $4.8M, or $0.13 per diluted share vs. $6.8M, or $0.18 per diluted share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Engineered Films -10.5%; Applied Technology -35.6%; Aerostar -50.9%.
- During the quarter, the company determined that a write-down of the goodwill related to Vista Research was required, following lowered expectations for sales and operating income of the business.
- Repurchased 1.1M shares during the quarter for a total of $18.5M.
- "Although we believe the worst will be behind us once we begin our next fiscal year, market conditions in Engineered Films and Applied Technology are not likely to improve significantly for the foreseeable future," CEO Dan Rykhus said.
- Q3 results
Yesterday, 8:02 AM
Thu, Aug. 20, 8:11 AM
- Net income of $4.2M, or $0.11 per diluted share vs. $7.7M, or $0.21 per diluted share, in last year's second quarter.
- Sales by segment: Engineered Films -15.4%; Applied Technology -43.7%; Aerostar -41.2%.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $47.6M, flat with the previous quarter.
- Repurchased 400K shares during the quarter, bringing the total shares repurchased year-to-date to 550K shares.
- Q2 results
- RAVN -4.2% premarket
Thu, Aug. 20, 8:02 AM
Tue, May 19, 8:02 AM
Wed, Mar. 11, 6:07 AM
Nov. 20, 2014, 9:13 AM
Aug. 20, 2014, 9:03 AM
May 21, 2014, 9:11 AM
Mar. 12, 2014, 9:15 AM
Nov. 21, 2013, 2:03 PM
- Raven Industries (RAVN +7.1%) Q3 EPS of $0.34, beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $104.9M (+8.1% Y/Y), beats by $4.3M.
- Applied Technology segment revenue climbed 10.8% Y/Y to $43.8M, Engineered Films +20.8% to $40.2M, and Aerostar -8.0% to $24.3M.
- Looking ahead to Q4, management notes "it will be difficult to match the growth we saw in the just-completed third quarter, but we still have opportunities that could fuel some year-over-year fourth quarter earnings growth."
- PR, Conference call (webcast)
Aug. 19, 2013, 2:28 PM
- Raven Industries (RAVN +2.7%) trades higher today after the industrial manufacturer earlier reported Q2 EPS that came in below estimates, but beat on its top line revenue number.
- Sales were $93.4M, above estimates for $90.66M.
- Sales rose modestly in its Engineered Films division, but were down slightly in Applied Technology.
- Aerostar sales declined 23%, largely due to reduced demand from U.S. government agency customers.
- Looking forward, the company notes that it sees its H2 profit growth improving on a Y/Y basis, 2014 could be flat.
Aug. 19, 2013, 9:09 AM
May 20, 2013, 4:41 PM
May 20, 2013, 11:19 AMRaven Industries (RAVN -9.4%) takes a hit this morning after its Q1 misses estimates. The company reported an EPS of $0.38 per share, versus estimates of $0.44, missing by $0.06 and down 27% Y/Y. Revenue came in at $103.7M versus expectations of $112.64M. Sales were down 12% from the same period last year. Looking forward, the company warns that "delivering year-over-year sales and earnings growth in the second quarter of fiscal 2014 will be challenging." | May 20, 2013, 11:19 AM | Comment!
Mar. 12, 2013, 9:23 AM
Raven Industries Inc is a technology company providing products to customers within the industrial, agricultural, energy, construction & military markets. Its operating segment includes: Applied Technology, Engineered Films & Aerostar Division.
Other News & PR