Rowan Q2 Results Show Promising Signs
Rowan Companies: Temporary Growth, Not As Cheap As It Seems
Jeffrey To • 12 Comments
Jeffrey To • 12 Comments
The Cheapest High Growth Stock In The S&P Is... Rowan Companies?!
Jeffrey Dow Jones • 27 Comments
Jeffrey Dow Jones • 27 Comments
Wed, May 4, 6:06 AM
Tue, May 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ASC, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BDC, BUD, CDW, CHH, CLH, CPK, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CSTE, D, DLPH, DNOW, ECYT, EE, ENR, FUN, GEL, GNRC, GTE, HAIN, HE, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTWR, HYH, ICE, INXN, IONS, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LGND, MEMP, MFA, MMP, MOS, MPW, MTOR, NBL, NGS, NJR, NRZ, NVMI, NXTM, OMF, ONCE, ORBK, PCG, PCLN, RDC, RDS.A, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SERV, SHOP, SMP, SPAR, SR, SRE, SSTK, STRA, TGH, TGI, TMHC, TREE, TWX, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, WIX, ZTS
Mon, May 2, 3:45 PM
- Diamond Offshore (DO +1.4%) is higher after Q1 earnings easily exceeded analyst estimates, but it is not helping shares of other oilfield services companies in today's trade.
- Wells Fargo views DO's report positively, although results likely included noise from the accounting of a demobilization fee and notes that another contract termination in Mexico could be viewed as a partial negative offset.
- The Zephirin Group contends that DO's do not overshadow weak fundamental conditions in the offshore industry likely to persist, hurting earnings through 2018 and beyond for the likes of Noble Corp. (NE -2%) and Ensco (ESV -3.2%), which reported earnings last week (I, II).
- Zephirin rates NE and ESV at Hold - High Risk, forecasting a 30% reduction in dayrates for NE's Sam Croft and Tom Madden drillships and rate reductions of up to 25% or termination in the near future for ESV's four rigs working in Brazil for Petrobras at a day rate range of $300K-345K.
- Also: RIG -0.7%, RDC -1.4%, ATW -0.7%.
- Now read Diamond Offshore names Youngblood as new CFO
Wed, Mar. 9, 3:23 PM
- Ocean Rig UDW (ORIG -22.9%) plunges after missing Q4 earnings expectations and saying "prospects for the industry remain bleak” and “are likely to remain so at least until 2018.”
- ORIG says it is in discussions with lenders of its loan agreement related to the consequences of Ocean Rig Apollo termination, and that the situation could evolve into a "significant prepayment" of the loan.
- ORIG says its fleet operated at 99.5% utilization during Q4, and FY 2015 fleet operating efficiency was ~98.2%.
- Although ORIG’s comments were more bearish than the outlook described by other offshore drillers, the company’s earnings are hurting other names in the space: DRYS -19.6%, SDRL -16.4%, RIG -2.3%, NE -5.7%, ESV -3.9%, DO -1.4%, RDC -4.4%, ATW -3.3%.
Fri, Feb. 26, 6:02 AM
Thu, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 11:48 AM
- Offshore drillers are on the move today as rising oil prices ease concerns about the difficult market that remains apparent in earnings releases from Noble Corp. (NE +1.1%), which reported last night, and Atwood Oceanics (ATW +17.2%), which reported earlier this week.
- NE reported below consensus Q4 earnings, but Evercore ISI's James West says the company continues to perform well operationally, with YTD unpaid fleet operational downtime edging up slightly to 5% from 4.6% in Q3.
- NE also announced plans to retire two rigs, the drillship Noble Discoverer and jackup Noble Charles Copeland, bringing its total rig attrition to four floaters and one jackup during the oil downturn.
- Jefferies says ATW has the most challenged balance sheet over the longer-term among its mid-cap coverage, but it is encouraged by ATW’s prospects to better position itself for the near-term with a covenant amendment, and maintains its Buy rating with a $9 price target (Q4 earnings).
- Related peers: RIG +3.6%, DO +3.8%, ESV +5.2%, RDC +4.3%, SDRL +2.5%.
Nov. 3, 2015, 6:36 AM
- Rowan (NYSE:RDC): Q3 EPS of $0.89 beats by $0.37.
- Revenue of $545.4M (+16.6% Y/Y) beats by $25.31M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Aug. 5, 2015, 7:40 AM
- Rowan (NYSE:RDC): Q2 EPS of $0.68 beats by $0.12.
- Revenue of $508.7M (+20.3% Y/Y) beats by $1.54M.
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AMSC, ANSS, ARIA, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, AVT, BLT, CEQP, CHK, CLDT, CLH, CMLP, CONE, CRK, CRME, CSTE, CSTM, CTSH, D, DAVE, DISCA, DISH, DNOW, DNR, EE, ENBL, FI, GDP, GTN, HCA, HFC, HSC, ICE, INXN, KATE, KELYA, KERX, LDOS, LG, LINC, LIOX, LL, LPLA, MEMP, MSI, MSO, MWE, PCLN, PWR, RDC, RL, SALE, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SNAK, SODA, SPAR, SPB, SUP, TMHC, TWX, USAC, VC, VLP, VOYA, VSI, WCG, WD, WEN, WIX
May 12, 2015, 11:35 AM
- Ocean Rig UDW’s (ORIG +13.6%) better than expected Q1 earnings report follows the pattern set earlier this reporting season by Transocean (RIG +1.7%), Noble (NE +2.8%) and Diamond Offshore (DO -0.1%), and the group is moving higher in morning trade.
- Q1 contract drilling revenues of $402M beat estimates, as ORIG’s on-the-water fleet again delivered an impressive operating performance, Cowen analysts say; ORIG achieved record utilization of 99%, up from last quarter’s 95%, and adjusted EBITDA of $219M was well ahead of Wall Street’s $168M forecast.
- Q1 operating expenses of $153M were down 22% Q/Q as cost-cutting initiatives are starting to be reflected in results, a trend Cowen expects will continue throughout the remainder of 2015.
- ORIG also maintained its $0.19/share quarterly dividend even in the face of a declining offshore rig market.
- Also: SDRL +4.7%, ESV +2.3%, RDC +2.1%, ATW +0.8%.
May 6, 2015, 3:59 PM
- Rowan (RDC +2.6%) is the latest offshore driller to post better than expected Q1 earnings, with profit more than doubling as revenue from a trio of newbuild drillships offset the impact of an industry slump that has hit rig demand and dayrates.
- RDC says Q1 results were helped by the deployment of three new ultra-deepwater rigs; it started operating one ultra-deepwater drillship each in April, October and February.
- RDC's Q1 fleet utilization rate rose slightly to 82% from 80% in the year-ago quarter.
May 6, 2015, 8:27 AM
- Rowan (NYSE:RDC): Q1 EPS of $0.99 beats by $0.29.
- Revenue of $547M (+44.9% Y/Y) beats by $13.92M.
May 5, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ANSS, ARQL, ATHM, AVA, AYR, BAM, BUD, CEQP, CHH, CHK, CKSW, CLH, CMLP, CRNT, CRZO, CSTE, DAVE, DDD, DNR, EE, EGAN, ENB, EXK, GDP, GLOG, HAIN, HCLP, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTA, IMN, INFI, KELYA, LAMR, LG, LINC, MEMP, MPO, MSI, MWE, NOR, NXTM, OXY, PERI, PGNX, POWR, RDC, RHP, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SNH, SODA, STRA, SUP, SWC, TMHC, TRXC, VG, VOYA, VSI, WCG, WD, WEN, WIX, WMC, WPX, XLS, XRAY
Rowan Cos. Plc engages in the business of providing international and domestic offshore oil and gas contract drilling services. The company focuses on high specification and premium jack-up rigs, which are used for exploratory and development drilling operations. It conducts offshore drilling... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration
Country: United States
Other News & PR