Mon, Mar. 23, 10:36 AM
- Personal care stocks are in favor in early action.
- The sector has been one of the hardest hit this year from the impact of the strong U.S. dollar.
- Beauty product companies on the move today include Nu Skin (NUS +5.1%), Coty (COTY +3.3%), Avon Products (AVP +2.8%), Revlon (REV +1.4%), Estee Lauder (EL +0.3%), and Elizabeth Arden (RDEN +2.6%).
Fri, Mar. 20, 12:54 PM
- The beauty industry saw a 4% drop in shoppers last year, according to data from NPD Group.
- The research firm found that half of all beauty product shoppers focus on items on sale when making their purchasing decisions.
- Makeup and fragrance products are the categories most likely to benefit from extra discretionary income, notes NDP.
- Related stocks: RDEN, REV, IPAR, AVP, EL, SBH, ULTA, OTCPK:LRLCY.
Fri, Feb. 13, 8:48 AM| Comment!
Thu, Feb. 5, 4:39 PM| Comment!
Thu, Feb. 5, 10:36 AM
- The beauty sector is having a solid day after Coty and Estee Lauder both top profit estimates.
- Solid holiday sales helped take some of the sting off of a tough foreign currency translation environment.
- The color cosmetics category out-performed during the period.
- Gainers: Coty (NYSE:COTY) +8.3%, Elizabeth Arden (NASDAQ:RDEN) +3.5%, Inter Parfums (NASDAQ:IPAR) +1.0%, Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) +6.7%, Revlon (NYSE:REV) +1.2%, Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) +1.0%.
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:35 PM
- ACET, ACLS, ADNC, AHL, AIV, ARCW, ASEI, ASYS, ATHN, ATR, ATVI, BCOV, BEBE, BMI, BRKS, BRS, BWLD, CALD, CME, CPST, CTRL, CUTR, DCT, DV, ECHO, ECOM, EGAN, EGOV, ENH, EXPE, FLDM, FLT, FWM, GPRO, HME, IMPV, KIM, KRG, LF, LGF, LNKD, MCK, MRIN, MTD, MXWL, NTGR, NUAN, OLN, ONNN, OUTR, P, PCTY, PDFS, PDM, PXLW, RDEN, RENT, SIMG, SLH, SPF, SPSC, SRCL, SWIR, SYMC, TPX, TSYS, TWTR, UBNT, UEPS, VRSN, WAIR, YELP, YRCW
Fri, Jan. 9, 11:04 AM
- Another tough day for luxury retail stocks as more concerns on pricing trends build up.
- Consulting firm Bain isn't helping sentiment, noting the luxury sector in China showed negative growth (-1%) for the first time in 2014. An ongoing crackdown by Beijing on corruption is in the background.
- Michael Kors (KORS -1.7%), Ralph Lauren (RL -2%), Kate Spade (KATE -3.2%), Fossil (FOSL -1%), Vera Bradley (VRA -2%), and Coach (COH -2.2%) are all under-performing market averages.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:LVMUY, OTC:GUCG, OTCPK:SWGAY, OTCPK:BURBY, EL, RDEN, OTCPK:HESAF, OTCPK:CFRUY, TIF.
- Related ETFs: PEJ.
Wed, Jan. 7, 1:12 PM
- Select personal care products stocks with a higher mix of F/X exposure to global markets are trading weak today.
- Elizabeth Arden (RDEN -7.2%), Inter Parfums (IPAR -2.2%), and Avon Products (AVP -0.9%) are all lower
- Also a factor, sector analysts note pricing pressure from Internet sellers is dragging average transaction prices down in the sector.
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:36 AM
Aug. 27, 2014, 12:39 PM| 2 Comments
Aug. 19, 2014, 12:49 PM
Aug. 19, 2014, 9:15 AM
Aug. 19, 2014, 8:04 AM| 4 Comments
Aug. 19, 2014, 7:53 AM
- Elizabeth Arden (NASDAQ:RDEN) reports that a drop in the sale of celebrity fragrances clipped its results for FQ4.
- North America segment sales -14%.
- International segment sales -8%.
- Gross profit rate -2300 bps to 21.4%.
- Guidance: The company says the same challenges will persist in FQ1 of 2015. Net sales increase aren't expected until 2H.
- RDEN -8.2% premarket
Aug. 19, 2014, 7:20 AM| Comment!
Aug. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
RDEN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR