Dec. 27, 2013, 2:13 PM
- Rare earth miners Rare Element Resources (REE +12.9%), Avalon Rare Metals (AVL +3.7%), and Quest Rare Minerals (QRM +11.7%) have joined Molycorp (previous) in rallying sharply. Equity markets have doled out plenty of punishment to the group this year.
- SA contributor Hawkinvest has provided a bullish write-up on Molycorp, arguing a short-covering rally could take place in early 2014.
- The Rare Earth/Strategic Metals ETF (REMX +0.7%) remains down 32% YTD.
Nov. 12, 2013, 7:34 AM
- Rare Element Resources (REE): Q3 EPS of -$0.15. (PR)
Oct. 25, 2013, 5:42 PM
- Greenland's parliament has removed a 25-year-old ban on uranium mining, paving the way for an industrial boom the Arctic island hopes will help it gain independence from Denmark.
- Greenland wants to boost its mining of rare earths, but uranium often is found mixed into rare earths, so the ban was blocking key mining activity.
- One rare earth deposit being explored by Greenland Minerals (GDLNF) could be the largest outside China; the company thinks it could extract up to 40K tons/year of rare earth metals.
- Rare earths: REMX, REE, MCP, SHZ, AVL, GSM.
- Uranium: URA, NLR, BWC, SHAW, URS, FLR, LTBR, URG, UEC, URRE, USU, DNN, CCJ.
Oct. 15, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sep. 25, 2013, 12:46 PM
Sep. 25, 2013, 12:17 PM
- Rare Element Resources (REE -10.5%) shares swirl to their lowest of the day after announcing an $8M offering.
- REE entered into a purchase agreement with investors agreeing to sell ~2.67M common shares and warrants to purchase up to ~1,33M shares; the price of each unit is $2.988, a 10% discount to yesterday's closing price.
- Proceeds from the offering will be used to advance engineering and metallurgical work as well as permitting on the Bear Lodge project and for general corporate purposes.
Sep. 24, 2013, 9:54 AM
- Rare earth stocks (REMX) start strong after reports overnight say China is likely to purchase billions of yuan of rare earth minerals starting next month to bolster its strategic reserves.
- Six large rare-earth producers - including Baotou Steel, China's largest rare earth producer by output - are on the list for the purchasing program, which was launched last year.
- Also, one of China’s largest rare earth producers says it plans to raise funds through private placement to build a plant with the capacity to produce 7K tons/year of rare earth oxides.
- MCP +3%, REE +3.7%, AVL +8.8%.
Sep. 20, 2013, 5:37 PM
Sep. 17, 2013, 10:36 AM
Jul. 31, 2013, 12:53 PM
- A spike in Molycorp (MCP +6.7%) is attributed to an article that says China rare earth prices skyrocketed in the past week.
- Dysprosium oxide jumped 79% in the past week, according to MetalMiner's price index; yttria climbed 47%, terbium rose 34.5%.
Jul. 10, 2013, 6:35 PM
Molycorp (MCP) +1.8% AH after surging 16% during regular trading, as other rare earth (REMX) names also rose today: REE +11.7%, AVL +15.2%. A Euro Pacific analyst ties the move to reports from China that say the price increase in rare earth relates to a government campaign to shut down unlicensed mines in China's Ganzhau; funds may be buying a basket of related companies. (earlier)| Jul. 10, 2013, 6:35 PM | 4 Comments
May 21, 2013, 9:10 AM
May 21, 2013, 8:05 AM
Molycorp (MCP) +5.4% premarket on a report that China exported 2,196 metric tons of rare earth in April, a 28% rise from March, and 6,112 tons in the first four months of this year, double the year-ago volume. The data indicates bargain hunting may be reviving global demand for rare earth metals.| May 21, 2013, 8:05 AM
May 10, 2013, 5:47 PM
Mar. 7, 2013, 1:10 PM
Jan. 18, 2013, 5:41 PM