Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on REK
From other sites
There are no Transcripts on REK.
Mon, Oct. 13, 4:19 PM
- Both equity and mortgage REITs saw plenty of buying as nearly all of the rest of the market was lit up bright red, and Treasury ETFs signaled a sharp drop in yields when government bonds reopen for trade tomorrow (closed this session for Columbus Day).
- A sampling of equity names: Senior Housing Properties (SNH +1.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +1.4%), Gramercy Property Trust (GPT +1.7%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.7%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +0.9%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS +1.1%), Highwoods Properties Trust (HIW +1%).
- One equity REIT sector in the red along with the rest of the market is lodging amid worsening Ebola fears: Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -2.9%), Sunshine Hotel Investors (SHO -1.4%), LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -1.5%), Summit Hotel Properties (INN -1.5%).
- Mortgage REITs: American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +2.2%), Invesco (IVR +1.1%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE +1.5%), Western Asset (WMC +1.1%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, MORL, MORT, DRN, URE, REZ, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, ROOF, DRV, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, IFNA, FNIO, WREI
Thu, Jul. 10, 10:17 AM
- Working today as both stock and bond yields fall in response to banking troubles in Portugal are both equity and mortgage REIT names.
- Leading in the mortgage REIT sector are Annaly (NLY +0.8%) and American Capital Agency (AGNC +0.8%), and a sampling of equity REIT names: Realty Income (O +0.6%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +1%), Ventas (VTR +1.2%), Medical Properties (MPW +1%), Avalon Bay (AVB +0.5%), Simon Property (SPG +0.8%), Boston Properties (BXP +0.8%)
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, RWR, SCHH, DRV, KBWY, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, FNIO, WREI, REM, MORL, MORT
Fri, Jan. 31, 10:26 AM
- Working today - and for the whole month of January - as the broader market sells off are the REITs. The sector - both the equity REITs and mREITs - had been punished in 2013 as rates moved higher starting last May, but another four basis point decline this morning brings the 10-year Treasury yield down to 2.66% after starting the year at about 3%.
- At least for the mREITs, nearly all put in what may turn out to be major bottoms late in 2013 amid jitters over year-end tax-loss selling and the commencement of the taper - sell the rumor, buy the news ... indeed.
- Mortgage REITs: Annaly (NLY +1.1%) +7.4% YTD, American Capital (AGNC +1.3%) +9.1%, Invesco (IVR +0.5%) +6.7%, Anworth (ANH +0.6%) +10.9%, Apollo Residential (AMTG +0.7%) +9.1%, AG Mortgage Investment (MITT +0.6%) +5.6%.
- ETFs: REM, MORT, MORL
- Equity players: Realty Income (O +0.5%) +9.6% YTD, National Retail (NNN +0.7%) +9.8%, AvalonBay (AVB +0.8%) +4.1%, Public Storage (PSA +0.6%) +4.9%, Boston Properties (BXP +0.2%) +7.8%, Liberty Trust (LRY +1%) +7.9%.
- Related ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, DRN, REZ, URE, SRS, RWR, ICF, SCHH, DRV, ROOF, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, FNIO, WREI
Fri, Jan. 10, 2:44 PM
- The broad averages are struggling following the jobs number, but the big decline in interest rates (the 10-year Treasury is now off 10 bps to 2.87%) has the equity REIT sector lit up bright green.
- Ventas (VTR +4.4%) is having the biggest day, continuing to cruise through a couple of early-year downgrades (latest was Barclays on Wednesday). Among those also higher: National Retail Properties (NNN +3.1%), Realty Income (O +1.6%), Health Care REIT (HCN +2.5%), HCP (HCP +3.8%), RAIT Finanical (RAS +1.4%), Apartment Investment (AIV +2.9%), General Growth (GGP +1.6%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +1.5%), Government Properties (GOV +1.6%), American Campus (ACC +1.7%).
- Relevant ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, DRN, REZ, URE, SRS, RWR, ICF, SCHH, DRV, ROOF, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, FNIO, WREI
Dec. 19, 2013, 11:19 AM
- The broad market is quiet today following yesterday's big session, but the equity REIT sector has its eyes focused on rising Treasury yields, particularly in the belly of the curve where the 5-year yield is higher by 10 basis points on the session and all the way up to 1.64% (it was 1.3% at Thanksgiving).
- Realty Income (O -3.6%), National Retail (NNN -2.4%), Health Care REIT (HCN -3.1%), LTC Properties (LTC -3.6%), Medical Properties (MPW -2.5%), Federal Realty (FRT -1.9%), Retail Opportunity (ROIC -1.1%), Chambers Street (CSG -1.8%).
- Related ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, RWR, ICF, SCHH, DRV, KBWY, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
REK vs. ETF Alternatives
ProShares Short Real Estate seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Real Estate Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Other News & PR