Thu, Aug. 25, 2:45 PM
- Resolute Energy (REN -9.2%) sinks following yesterday's news that Nicholas Sutton, who has run the company since its founding in 2004, will resign as CEO effective Jan. 1.
- Shares also may be hurt by a negative report from The Street Sweeper, which sees shares dropping 70% due to the coming leadership change, the recent reverse split, massive financial concerns and "absurd reports" from financial institutions.
- REN jumped following the company's Q2 results that included higher production guidance, but the report notes that recent output is 4%-7% lower than the previous two years.
Thu, Aug. 25, 2:01 PM
Wed, Aug. 24, 4:38 PM
- Resolute Energy (NYSE:REN) says Nicholas Sutton will retire as CEO, to be succeeded by current COO Richard Betz, effective Jan. 1.
- Sutton, who will become Executive Chairman, has been CEO of REN and its predecessor companies since 2004, and was co-founder, Chairman and CEO of HS Resources from 1978 until the company’s acquisition by Kerr-McGee in 2001.
- Betz has been COO since 2012, and served in other management roles with REN since 2004, and previously spent 17 years with Chase Securities in oil and gas corporate finance.
Tue, Aug. 23, 2:01 PM
Fri, Aug. 19, 9:14 AM
Mon, Aug. 15, 2:27 PM
- Resolute Energy (REN +12.2%) rockets higher after raising its FY 2016 production guidance and outlining plans to increase drilling in 2017, in a presentation at the EnerCom Oil & Gas Conference.
- REN says it increases 2016 production guidance to 11.6K-13.4K boe/day from its prior outlook for 10.2K-11.9K boe/day, and plans to increase drilling activity next year with a potential two-rig, 20-plus well program; REN notes that one rig in 2017 and two rigs in 2018 would nearly double company production in two years.
- REN also reaffirms its 2016 capex guidance at $115M-$135M.
Mon, Aug. 15, 2:02 PM
Thu, Aug. 11, 2:02 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 2:02 PM
Tue, Aug. 9, 2:00 PM
Tue, Aug. 9, 12:46 PM
Tue, Aug. 9, 9:19 AM
Mon, Aug. 8, 6:57 PM
- Resolute Energy (NYSE:REN), which already had surged 23.7% in regular trading to a new 52-week high, is +19.7% AH despite reporting a huge Q2 loss on 27% lower revenues Y/Y.
- REN says production from its Permian Basin properties rose 1% Y/Y to 5,614 boe/day and jumped 90% from 2,961 boe/day produced during Q1.
- REN also raised its production guidance by 13%, and enjoyed a record low lease operating expense in the quarter.
Mon, Aug. 8, 5:37 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 4:48 PM
Sun, Aug. 7, 5:35 PM
- AMPH, APLE, ARNA, ATSG, BKD, BLCM, BOJA, BWXT, CAI, CC, CLDX, CLNY, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CSLT, CUI, CVG, DTSI, DVA, EGN, EGY, ELNK, ENDP, ENV, FNV, HTZ, ICUI, IFF, IPHI, JPEP, KITE, LC, LXU, MAIN, MBI, MCHP, MODN, MTW, MXL, NCMI, NILE, NPTN, NUAN, NVGS, NVRO, NWSA, ONDK, OPK, OTTR, PFSW, PHH, PKY, PNM, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, RARE, RAX, RBA, RBC, REN, RMTI, ROG, RPD, RSPP, RWT, SHO, SINA, SREV, TUBE, TVIA, TWLO, VSLR, WB, WBMD, ZLTQ
Resolute Energy Corp. engages in the exploration, exploitation, and development of oil and gas properties. Its property portfolio includes Aneth Field and Perian Basin. The company was founded by Richard F. Betz in 2004 and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Independent Oil & Gas
Country: United States