Thu, Aug. 6, 7:32 AM
Wed, May 13, 2:34 PM
- Danaher (DHR +1.2%) paid a high price in its $127.20/share deal for Pall (PLL +4.5%), valuing the filtration and purification company at ~22x EBITDA in the last year, roughly double the median multiple paid for big industrial and life sciences equipment acquisitions in the last five years, according to Bloomberg.
- But Janney analysts like the purchase and DHR's decision to split itself into two companies, noting DHR had less than 5% exposure to the rapidly growing pharma/biotech end-markets; the consolidation enables it to penetrate the rapidly growing biopharma market and will more than double DHR’s exposure to pharmaceutical customers.
- PLL is the no. 2 or no. 3 player in the overall bioproduction market, accounting for one-third of revenues, and is growing at a 10%-plus organic clip with 25%-30% margins, the firm says, adding that it expects continued strong growth as industry dynamics are still evolving.
- Janney thinks more acquisitions could be on the way, speculating that DHR/PLL could circle Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN) on the belief that bioproduction media remains a gap in its product portfolio.
Thu, May 7, 12:49 PM
Thu, May 7, 11:06 AM
- Repligen (RGEN +12.9%) Q1 results: Revenues: $20.8M (+27.6%); COGS: $8.1M (+28.6%); R&D Expense: $1.6M (+33.3%); SG&A: $6M (+76.5%); Operating Income: $4M (-24.5%); Net Income: $2.9M (-32.6%); EPS: $0.09 (-30.8%); Quick Assets: $56.3M (-9.2%).
- 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $75M - 78M from $72M - 75M; product gross margin: 56 - 58% from 55 - 57%; operating expenses: $62M - 64M from $60M - 62M; SG&A expense: $21M - 23M (unch); R&D expense: $6M - 7M from $5M - 6M; income from operations: $14M - 16M from $12M - 14M; net income: $10M - 12M from $8M - 10M.
Thu, May 7, 7:32 AM
Fri, Mar. 13, 12:45 PM
Fri, Mar. 13, 7:53 AM
- Repligen (RGEN +3.8%) Q4 results: Revenues: $16.4M (+6.5%); COGS: $8.1M (+50.0%); R&D Expense: $1.3M (-7.1%); SG&A: $5M (+47.1%); Operating Income: $0.06M (-98.8%); Net Loss: ($0.4M) (-112.1%); Loss Per Share: ($0.01) (-110.0%).
- FY2014 results: Revenues: $63.5M (-6.9%); COGS: $28M (+11.1%); R&D Expense: $5.6M (-23.3%); SG&A: $17.2M (+35.4%); Operating Income: $10.7M (-53.3%); Net Income: $8.2M (-49.1%); EPS: $0.25 (-50.0%); Quick Assets: $62M (-16.0%).
- 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $72M - 75M; product gross margin: 55 - 57%; operating expenses: $60M - 62M; SG&A expense: $21M - 23M; R&D expense: $5M - 6M; income from operations: $12M - 14M; net income: $8M - 10M; taxes: ~4M.
Fri, Mar. 13, 7:06 AM
Thu, Mar. 12, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jan. 30, 8:37 AM
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) terminates its development agreement with Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN) for compounds to treat spinal muscular atrophy, effective April 26. The collaboration was originally signed in late 2012.
- Previously: Repligen gets first milestone payment from Pfizer for SMA program (Sept. 4, 2013)
Wed, Jan. 21, 7:59 AM
Thu, Jan. 8, 1:29 PM
- Repligen (RGEN +17.7%) moves up on 50% higher volume in response to its announcement of preliminary revenue of $63M - 63.5M for 2014. Estimated product revenue is $60.0M - 60.5M, an increase from previous guidance of $58M - 60M and up 26 - 27% from 2013. It will report final results in March.
- Separately, the company received a $1M milestone payment from Pfizer under its license agreement for the development of compounds to potentially treat spinal muscular dystrophy.
- 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $69M - 72M; Gross Margin: >55%.
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:46 AM
Aug. 11, 2014, 8:11 AM
- Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN) Q2 results: $15.6M (-10.9%); Operating Expenses: $12.4M (+8.8%); Operating Income: $3.1M (-49.2%); Net Income: $2.8M (-37.8%); EPS: $0.09 (-35.7%); Quick Assets: $61.9M (-16.1%).
- 2014 Guidance: Total product revenue: $57M - 60M from $56M - 59M; operating income: $11M - 13M from $10 - 12M; net income: $8M - 10M (unch); gross margin: 53 - 55% from 51 - 53%; tax rate: 23 - 25% from 20 - 22%; cash & equiv at year end: $64M - 68M from $62 - 66M.
Aug. 11, 2014, 7:03 AM
Aug. 10, 2014, 5:30 PM
RGEN vs. ETF Alternatives
Repligen Corp is a life sciences company engaged in the development, manufacture & sale of consumable bioprocessing products for life sciences companies & biopharmaceutical manufacturing companies. It also supplies growth factor products.
Other News & PR