Repligen: A Strong Investment For The Right Kind Of Investor
The Behavioral Economist • 16 Comments
The Behavioral Economist • 16 Comments
Thu, May 19, 9:18 AM
Thu, May 19, 8:39 AM
- Thinly traded small cap Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN) is down 7% premarket on average volume in response to the announcement that it has commenced an offering of $100M aggregate principal amount of Convertible Senior Notes due 2021. Underwriters over-allotment will be an additional $15M of the notes. Price and terms have yet to be released.
Thu, May 5, 7:33 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Mon, Apr. 4, 9:53 AM
- Repligen (RGEN +2.5%) acquires Weingarten, Germany-based Atoll GmBH in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $22.5M. The transaction also includes an additional payment of €1M contingent on achieving a certain revenue target this year.
- The company purchased Atoll from UV-Cap GmbH & Co. for $9.1M in cash and 538,700 shares of Repligen common stock.
- It expects Atoll, a maker of pre-packed chromatography columns, to generate $3.0M - 3.5M in sales for the remaining nine months of this year. Non-GAAP EPS should be break-even in 2016 and accretive in 2017 (GAAP).
Fri, Feb. 26, 1:53 PM
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK -0.9%) initiated with Hold rating and 1400p price target (-0.7% downside risk) by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Shire plc (SHPG -0.6%) initiated with Buy rating by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Insulet (PODD +8.7%) initiated with Sell rating and $15 (53% downside risk) price target by Empire Asset Management.
- MacroGenics (MGNX +2.2%) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $20 (29% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Biogen (BIIB +0.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $345 (30% upside) price target by Citigroup.
- Boston Scientific (BSX -0.3%) initiated with Buy rating and $21 (22% upside) price target by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- Other initiations by Citigroup: Amgen (AMGN +1.1%) Neutral rating and $165 (11% upside) price target; Celgene (CELG +1.4%) Buy rating and $130 (25% upside) price target; Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN) Buy rating and $480 (22% upside) price target; Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN +0.1%) Neutral rating and $165 (18% upside) price target.
- IMS Health Holdings (IMS +0.2%) initiated with Outperform rating and $31 (19% upside) price target by Leerink Swann.
- Ocera Therapeutics (OCRX +5.7%) initiated with Buy rating and $10 (229% upside) price target by Brean Capital.
- Repligen (RGEN +3.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $36 (35% upside) price target by Craig-Hallum.
- Mesoblast (MESO -2.2%) initiated with Neutral rating and $5.50 (12% downside risk) price target by Chardan Capital.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE +1.2%) initiated with Buy rating and $80 (29% upside) price target by Leerink Swann.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA -0.2%) initiated with Outperform rating with $68-71 (21% upside from midpoint) price target by Wells Fargo.
- Medivation (MDVN +9.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $46 (28% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical (COLL -0.1%) initiated with Outperform rating and $35 (83% upside) price target by William Blair.
Thu, Feb. 25, 7:35 AM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACIW, AG, ALKS, AMCX, AMRN, AMWD, ANSS, APA, APLP, AROC, BBY, BUD, CCOI, CHS, CLDX, CM, CNSL, CORE, CPB, CPK, CRI, CVC, DPZ, EGRX, EME, EMES, ENOC, FCH, FCN, FIG, GLOG, GOGO, GTLS, GVA, HBM, HEES, HMHC, HTWR, INCR, IONS, IRDM, IRM, ITC, KERX, KOP, KSS, LKQ, MITL, NEWM, NPO, [[NTi]], NXST, PCRX, PDCO, PF, PGTI, PRIM, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RRD, RWLK, SAFM, SDRL, SEAS, SERV, SFM, SFUN, SHLD, SPAR, STWD, TD, TFX, TREE, TWI, UNT, UTHR, VAC, VC, VWR, W, WIN, WNR, WNRL, WPC, XCRA, ZBRA, ZEUS
Nov. 5, 2015, 7:44 AM
- Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN): Q3 EPS of $0.08 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $19.8M (+29.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.6M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS
Aug. 6, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN): Q2 EPS of $0.11 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $21.46M (+38.0% Y/Y) beats by $1.36M.
May 13, 2015, 2:34 PM
- Danaher (DHR +1.2%) paid a high price in its $127.20/share deal for Pall (PLL +4.5%), valuing the filtration and purification company at ~22x EBITDA in the last year, roughly double the median multiple paid for big industrial and life sciences equipment acquisitions in the last five years, according to Bloomberg.
- But Janney analysts like the purchase and DHR's decision to split itself into two companies, noting DHR had less than 5% exposure to the rapidly growing pharma/biotech end-markets; the consolidation enables it to penetrate the rapidly growing biopharma market and will more than double DHR’s exposure to pharmaceutical customers.
- PLL is the no. 2 or no. 3 player in the overall bioproduction market, accounting for one-third of revenues, and is growing at a 10%-plus organic clip with 25%-30% margins, the firm says, adding that it expects continued strong growth as industry dynamics are still evolving.
- Janney thinks more acquisitions could be on the way, speculating that DHR/PLL could circle Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN) on the belief that bioproduction media remains a gap in its product portfolio.
May 7, 2015, 12:49 PM
May 7, 2015, 11:06 AM
- Repligen (RGEN +12.9%) Q1 results: Revenues: $20.8M (+27.6%); COGS: $8.1M (+28.6%); R&D Expense: $1.6M (+33.3%); SG&A: $6M (+76.5%); Operating Income: $4M (-24.5%); Net Income: $2.9M (-32.6%); EPS: $0.09 (-30.8%); Quick Assets: $56.3M (-9.2%).
- 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $75M - 78M from $72M - 75M; product gross margin: 56 - 58% from 55 - 57%; operating expenses: $62M - 64M from $60M - 62M; SG&A expense: $21M - 23M (unch); R&D expense: $6M - 7M from $5M - 6M; income from operations: $14M - 16M from $12M - 14M; net income: $10M - 12M from $8M - 10M.
May 7, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN): Q1 EPS of $0.09 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $20.82M (+27.6% Y/Y) beats by $2.62M.
Mar. 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
Repligen Corp. is a life sciences company, which focuses on the development, production and commercialization of products used in the process of manufacturing biological drugs. The company also manufactures Protein A, a critical reagent used to separate and purify monoclonal antibody... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR