Thu, May 19, 9:18 AM
Thu, May 19, 8:39 AM
- Thinly traded small cap Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN) is down 7% premarket on average volume in response to the announcement that it has commenced an offering of $100M aggregate principal amount of Convertible Senior Notes due 2021. Underwriters over-allotment will be an additional $15M of the notes. Price and terms have yet to be released.
May 13, 2015, 2:34 PM
- Danaher (DHR +1.2%) paid a high price in its $127.20/share deal for Pall (PLL +4.5%), valuing the filtration and purification company at ~22x EBITDA in the last year, roughly double the median multiple paid for big industrial and life sciences equipment acquisitions in the last five years, according to Bloomberg.
- But Janney analysts like the purchase and DHR's decision to split itself into two companies, noting DHR had less than 5% exposure to the rapidly growing pharma/biotech end-markets; the consolidation enables it to penetrate the rapidly growing biopharma market and will more than double DHR’s exposure to pharmaceutical customers.
- PLL is the no. 2 or no. 3 player in the overall bioproduction market, accounting for one-third of revenues, and is growing at a 10%-plus organic clip with 25%-30% margins, the firm says, adding that it expects continued strong growth as industry dynamics are still evolving.
- Janney thinks more acquisitions could be on the way, speculating that DHR/PLL could circle Repligen (NASDAQ:RGEN) on the belief that bioproduction media remains a gap in its product portfolio.
May 7, 2015, 12:49 PM
Mar. 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jan. 8, 2015, 1:29 PM
- Repligen (RGEN +17.7%) moves up on 50% higher volume in response to its announcement of preliminary revenue of $63M - 63.5M for 2014. Estimated product revenue is $60.0M - 60.5M, an increase from previous guidance of $58M - 60M and up 26 - 27% from 2013. It will report final results in March.
- Separately, the company received a $1M milestone payment from Pfizer under its license agreement for the development of compounds to potentially treat spinal muscular dystrophy.
- 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $69M - 72M; Gross Margin: >55%.
Apr. 15, 2014, 6:10 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 12:01 PM
- Shares of Repligen (RGEN) take a dive in response to the company's earnings today. Shares initially plunged almost 16% in heavy volume before recovering a bit.
- Net income for 2013 grew 11% on a revenue increase of 9.5%.
- Guidance for 2014 includes revenues of $52M - $55M, 53% product gross margin, total income of $7M - $9M and year-end quick assets of $84M - $87M.
- Consensus estimates for 2014 are earnings of $.22/share on revenues of $53M.
Jan. 2, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 22, 2012, 8:58 AM
Repligen (RGEN) -20.3% premarket after the FDA confirms the biotech company must conduct further trials before potentially getting approval for its RG1068 synthetic human secretin used to detect pancreatic-duct abnormalities in patients with pancreatitis.| Jun. 22, 2012, 8:58 AM
Apr. 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
Shares of Repligen (RGEN -40.4%) get hammered after the FDA cancels an advisory-committee meeting to review the company's new-drug application for its pancreatitis drug RG1068. The drug developer says it expects the FDA to request additional clinical-trial data.| Apr. 26, 2012, 11:12 AM | 1 Comment
Feb. 21, 2012, 8:59 AM