- Wednesday Regulus Therapeutics announced that it has demonstrated human proof of concept with a microRNA therapeutic from an ongoing clinical study involving the drug's use for treatment of Hepatitis C.
- Targeting microRNA for the treatment of Hep C has been attempted in the past and showed some significance, but also showed some health risks.
- It is important to understand that the drug is in very early stages, and has the potential to cause side effects according to previous studies on blocking miR-122.
- The suppression of miR-122 has a serious risk of Liver Cancer, and potential other serious side effects.
- The stock is up over 100% and I believe that is a gross overreaction.