Sturm, Ruger & Company Inc.NYSE
Tue, Nov. 29, 5:28 AM
- The FBI said a record-setting number of gun background checks were processed this Black Friday, a possible indicator of higher firearm sales.
- The National Instant Criminal Background Check System processed 185,713 transactions, giving the gun industry a much-needed boost.
- After a run-up in sales the week before the election, major gun manufacturers saw their stocks dive by double-digits.
- Related tickers: SWHC, RGR, CAB, SPWH, VSTO, OLN
Wed, Nov. 9, 6:54 AM
- Voters in California approved gun control measures, including regulations on ammunition and seizure from owners not allowed to own guns.
- In early reaction to the U.S. election, shares of Sturm Ruger (NYSE:RGR) are up 5.60% premarket to $68.00 and Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) is up 5.9% to $30.13. It could be a very volatile day for the two stocks as investors gauge the short-term and long-term implications on demand.
Tue, Nov. 8, 8:23 PM| Tue, Nov. 8, 8:23 PM
Tue, Nov. 1, 8:54 PM
- Strong demand for new products helped Sturm, Ruger (NYSE:RGR) increase sales 34% in Q3.
- New introductions within the last two years such as the Ruger Precision Rifle, the AR-556 modern sporting rifle and the LC9s pistol accounted for 36% of all firearm revenue.
- EBITDA came in at 24% of Sturm's sales during the quarter, compared to 22% a year ago.
- A higher sell-through of Sturm's products from independent distributors to retailers was boosted in part by demand created with the run-up to the November elections.
- Shares of RGR are 22% below their 2016 high.
- Previously: Sturm, Ruger reports Q3 results (Nov. 1)
Tue, Nov. 1, 5:27 PM
Tue, Nov. 1, 5:07 PM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AFG, AGII, AMSG, BFAM, BGFV, BIO, BLKB, BYD, CACC, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAVM, CERN, CHSP, CHUY, CIM, CNO, CSU, CUZ, CYH, DATA, DEI, DENN, DNB, DV, DVN, DXCM, EA, EIX, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ES, ESIO, ETSY, EXTR, FARO, FIVN, FLT, FRPT, FTAI, FTR, GHDX, GILD, HLF, HRZN, HURN, HWAY, HY, ICFI, ILMN, IPHI, JCOM, JIVE, KFRC, KS, LOCK, MOD, MTCH, MTDR, MTW, MXWL, MYGN, NBL, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMED, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PDM, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PRTA, PXD, QUAD, QUOT, REG, RGR, RIGL, RNR, RPAI, RPT, RSPP, SANM, SBAC, SHO, SM, SQ, TCO, TNAV, TNDM, TNET, TRMB, TRNC, TRUP, TSE, TSRA, TTOO, TXRH, ULTI, VECO, VIAV, VRSK, WBMD, WES, WGP, WING, WR, WSTC, WTR, WU, X, XCO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZG
Fri, Sep. 23, 3:57 AM
- A curfew went into effect in Charlotte at midnight, as a third night of protests erupted following the police shooting of Keith Scott.
- The latest uprising comes after one person was killed, 44 people were arrested and multiple businesses were destroyed in previous riots.
- His family was shown footage of the death yesterday, but their lawyer said the video angle couldn't reveal whether Scott was holding a gun.
- Related tickers: TASR, DGLY, SWHC, RGR, VSTO
Thu, Sep. 22, 2:40 AM
- North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory declared a state of emergency in Charlotte last night after violent new protests erupted over the police shooting of Keith Scott.
- Several officers were injured and one of the protesters was on life support after being shot by another civilian.
- Related stocks rallied yesterday in response to the growing unrest: (TASR +4.4%), (DGLY +2.4%), (SWHC +1.8%), (RGR +2.8%), (VSTO +1.7%).
Thu, Aug. 18, 4:51 AM
- The European Commission has adopted a package of measures to make it more difficult to acquire firearms in the EU, better track legally held firearms, strengthen cooperation between member states, and ensure that deactivated firearms are rendered inoperable.
- The proposals presented were foreseen in the European Security Agenda adopted in April 2015, but have been significantly accelerated in light of recent events.
Fri, Aug. 5, 3:44 AM
- The latest figures from the FBI show that July 2016 was the 15th consecutive month of record background checks for gun sales.
- The previous July record was set in 2015, when there were 1,600,832 checks, but last month there were 2,197,169.
- Each person may buy multiple firearms once passing a background check, so the amount of guns sold at retail may be even higher than then number of background checks performed.
- Related tickers: SWHC, RGR, CAB, VSTO
Wed, Aug. 3, 7:39 AM
- Sturm Ruger (NYSE:RGR) reports firearms sales increased 20% to $166.31M in Q2. Streong demand for new products such as the American Pistol, the Precision Rifle, the AR-556 modern sporting rifle, and the LC9s pistol was seen during the quarter.
- Castings sales fell 1% to $1.633M.
- The company says that its current ratio as of July 2 was 2.8 to 1 and that it carried no debt.
- Previously: Sturm, Ruger beats by $0.07, beats on revenue (Aug. 2)
- RGR -1.08% premarket to $68.57.
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:48 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:07 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:14 AM
- At least two people have been killed and more than a dozen others injured after a shooting at the Club Blu nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- The incident comes a month after a gunman who pledged allegiance to Islamic State killed 49 people at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando.
- Gun and law enforcement stocks will be on watch at the open: SWHC, RGR, VSTO, TASR, DGLY