Fri, Aug. 28, 12:46 PM
Tue, Aug. 11, 12:45 PM
Fri, Jul. 31, 9:19 AM
Wed, Jul. 8, 12:45 PM
Mon, Jul. 6, 12:49 PM
Thu, Jul. 2, 10:24 AM
- RGS Energy (NASDAQ:RGSE) has reaped net proceeds of $4.4M by selling (as previously announced) units consisting of one share + the right to buy 0.3 shares at $4.20, at a price of $3.65 per unit
- The microcap solar installer's shares are rebounding after having fallen 57% from a June 25 close of $4.36. A solar stock selloff and SEC subpoena disclosure didn't help.
Tue, Jun. 30, 10:28 AM
- RGS Energy (NASDAQ:RGSE) has tumbled to $2.21 after disclosing an SEC subpoena related to a 2014 private placement. 627K shares have already been traded, more than 2x a 3-month daily average of 312K. The 52-week low is $2.16.
- RGS is now down 30% over the last two days, after joining other solar stocks in falling sharply yesterday.
Mon, Jun. 29, 11:39 AM
- Solar stocks are among the top decliners on a morning the Nasdaq is down 1.4%, thanks to a global selloff in equities triggered by Greek news. The Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN -4.1%) is now down 21% from an April peak of $50.00; it's still up 16% YTD, after having tumbled in 2H14.
- Major decliners include U.S. firms SolarCity (SCTY -4.9%), First Solar (FSLR -4.3%), SunPower (SPWR -4.2%), SunEdison (SUNE -5.1%), Vivint (VSLR -7%), and RGS Energy (RGSE -8.2%), Chinese firms JinkoSolar (JKS -7.4%), Yingli (YGE -6.4%), China Sunergy (CSUN -8.3%), ReneSola (SOL -5.5%), and Trina (TSL -5.4%), and Israeli inverter/power optimizer maker SolarEdge (SEDG -5%).
- Some news: 1) SunEdison and its TerraForm Power YieldCo have closed their $350M acquisition of Atlantic Power's 521MW wind plant portfolio. 2) SolarCity, vita its homebuilder partner program, has launched new energy storage and fixed-rate solar electricity pricing options in California (easily its largest market). The electricity, provided via 20-year deals, is said to feature a cost "equivalent to the lowest standard residential electricity rates of California's largest utilities." 3) SolarEdge is partnering with system provider Andalay on a solution that allows SolarEdge's optimizers to be quickly integrated with Andalay's solar modules.
- Last Thursday: Home solar installer/electricity provider Sunrun files for IPO
- Update: Also possibly hurting the group: A Supreme Court ruling blocking EPA regulations meant to limit emissions from coal power plants. The court ruled regulations need to take costs into account.
Fri, Jun. 26, 9:14 AM
- RGS Energy (NASDAQ:RGSE) is selling units consisting of 1 common share plus the right to buy 0.3 shares at $4.20 at a price of $3.65, 16% below yesterday's close. Net proceeds are expected to total $4.4M.
- Shares have fallen to $3.56 premarket. News of the offering comes a day after RGS rose 19% on news it's converting its subordinated debt and "a substantial amount" of its Series A/C warrants into stock.
Fri, Jun. 26, 9:11 AM
Thu, Jun. 25, 10:17 AM
- RGS Energy (NASDAQ:RGSE) states it has "converted all of its subordinated debt to Class A common stock and entered into agreements to exchange a substantial amount of its Series A and C warrants for Class A common stock."
- The subordinated debt conversion involved turning $3.15M in principal and $1.09M in accrued interest owed to top shareholder Riverside Renewable Energy Investment into 1.29M shares at $3.29 apiece.
- Series A and Series C warrants are being converted into 1.33M shares. RGS also notes Series B warrants have been exercised into 1.55M shares in Q2, yielding net proceeds of more than $4M.
- RGS had $992K in cash at the end of Q1, $1.96M in term loan/credit line borrowings, $3.15M in related party debt, and $9.9M in warrant liabilities. As of May 5, cash + available borrowings under the maximum allowed borrowing base totaled $3.26M.
Wed, Jun. 24, 12:45 PM
Fri, Jun. 12, 12:45 PM
Thu, Jun. 11, 12:45 PM
Tue, May 19, 12:47 PM
Tue, May 19, 10:29 AM
- A day after falling 11% in the wake of a 1:20 reverse split going into effect, RGS Energy (RGSE +12.8%) is up sharply.
- On a split-adjusted basis, shares remain down 29% from where they traded before RGS reported a 23% Y/Y Q1 revenue drop on May 11, while stating it's looking to raise up to $11.5M in new financing.
RGSE vs. ETF Alternatives
Real Goods Solar Inc is a residential and commercial solar energy engineering, procurement, & construction firm. It offers services, including design, procurement, permitting, build-out, grid connection and warranty & customer satisfaction activities.
Other News & PR