Fri, Sep. 9, 9:17 AM
Thu, Sep. 8, 5:41 PM
Thu, Sep. 8, 4:31 PM
- Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) trades higher after beating earnings estimates with its Q2 report.
- The company pulled some sales forward due to its ability to ship products earlier than expected.
- Brand revenue fell 3% Y/Y in Q2. Direct revenue was off 2% to rep 43% of total sales. Adjusted operating margin came in at 6.1%.
- Looking ahead, Restoration Hardware expects Q3 revenue of $520M-$530M and EPS of $0.13-$0.18.
- Previously: Restoration Hardware beats by $0.15, beats on revenue (Sept. 8)
- Shares of Restoration Hardware are up 6.40% AH to $37.55.
Thu, Sep. 8, 4:06 PM
Wed, Sep. 7, 5:35 PM
Fri, Aug. 19, 9:14 AM
Fri, Aug. 19, 8:21 AM
- Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) is added to the America Conviction Buy List at Goldman Sachs with the retailer seen returning to growth next year.
- "In a sense, we expect RH to deliver the refresh to its vitality that the market originally expected a year ago, but which was derailed by its own struggles and macro headwinds," writes analyst Matthew Fassler.
- Goldman sets a price target of $40 on RH.
- Shares of Restoration Hardware are up 5.62% to $32.50 in premarket action.
Wed, Aug. 17, 11:16 AM
- Soft earnings reports from Target, Lowe's, and Staples are tainting the retail sector today.
- A loose theme among the trio is that they are feeling the impact of general store traffic pressure on one front and under-performing Amazon on the e-commerce side (or Home Depot in the case of Lowe's).
- Notable movers include Office Depot (ODP -7%), Pier 1 Imports (PIR -2.7%), Haverty Furniture (HVT -1.1%), Sears Holdings (SHLD -6.5%), Stage Stores (SSI -3%), Nordstrom (JWN -2.4%), Tilly's (TLYS -0.8%), Zagg (ZAGG -2.7%), Party City (PRTY -1.3%), J.C. Penney (JCP -4.4%), Restoration Hardware (RH -4.1%) Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY -1.9%), Williams-Sonoma (WSM -2.8%), and Kohl's (KSS -2.3%),
- Looking ahead, Wal-Mart (WMT -0.3%) reports earnings tomorrow before the bell. The same-store sales bar is relatively low after the company guided for a 1% gain for U.S. SSS and with the consensus estimate of analysts even lower at +0.9%. Perhaps more important than Q2 numbers will be the comments from Wal-Mart management on the Jet.com integration and the impact of higher base wages.
Mon, Jul. 18, 1:14 PM
Wed, Jun. 22, 9:40 AM
- Restoration Hardware (RH +2.8%) spikes after BB&T says Williams-Sonoma (WSM +1.4%) may acquire the chain at $50 per share. A deal would be accretive to WSM's earnings at a rate of 16% to FY17 EPS and 25% to FY18 EPS, according to a rough estimate.
- Restoration Hardware slipped to a 52-week low of $26 yesterday.
Thu, Jun. 9, 12:44 PM
Thu, Jun. 9, 12:23 PM
- Retail stocks are broadly lower after a weak earnings report from Restoration Hardware (RH -21.2%) set a gloomy tone. The S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is 1.91% lower on the day.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM -4.8%) and Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY -3.7%) are down sharply after the RH guidance dud.
- Mall chain and department store stocks are also seeing some anxious trading as investors continue to bet on discounters and variety stores which target budget shoppers.
- Notable decliners include Ascena Retail (ASNA -5.4%), Guess (GES -3.2%), Nordtrom (JWN -3.1%), Urban Outfitters (URBN -2.6%), Cato (CATO -2.6%), DSW (DSW -2.6%), and Gap (GPS -2%).
- Target (NYSE:TGT) is down 1.6% after a rough annual meeting where there was much more attention paid to the company's transgender bathroom policy than execs probably desired.
- Retail ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PMR, JHMC, CNDF
Thu, Jun. 9, 9:11 AM
Thu, Jun. 9, 7:45 AM
- Telsey Advisory Group lowers Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) to a Market Perform rating after bailing on its Outperform stance.
- The investment firm whacks the price target on the retailer by 39% to $30.
- Growing pains for the RH Modern concept factored into Restoration Hardware's drop in guidance yesterday.
- Other rating cuts: Raymond James (Market Perform), Deutsche Bank (Hold), and Longbow Research (Neutral).
- Previously: Soft guidance hits Restoration Hardware (June 8)
- RH -19.02% premarket to $29.20.
Wed, Jun. 8, 5:40 PM
Wed, Jun. 8, 4:22 PM
- Comparable brand revenue 4% for Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) to help contribute to the 8% gain in total revenue.
- The company missed estimates on the bottom line in Q1 and issued a warning on the full year.
- Profit drags include costs associated with RH Modern production delays, investments in customer experience, the timing of recognizing certain membership revenue, and a "more aggressive approach" to rationalizing inventory.
- Looking ahead to Q2, Restoration Hardware expects full year revenue of $505M to $520M vs. $532M consensus and EPS of $0.28 to $0.33 vs. $0.80 consensus. The outlook for the full year is also lowered.
- RH -12.6% AH to $31.51.