Tue, Apr. 14, 9:09 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category in the March Retail Sales report outperformed most other businesses.
- Sales rose 1.4% M/M and 3.8% Y/Y during the month.
- The sector was on watch to see if there was any continued spillover impact from the West Coast slowdown.
- Furniture/home furnishing stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, KIRK, WSM.
- Retail Sales report (.pdf)
Fri, Mar. 27, 9:09 AM
- Shares of Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) trade weak after the company's FY16 guidance disappoints.
- Execs call this year a "bridge year" with new businesses set to launch and store upgrades taking place.
- During the earnings call there was a tease from CEO Gary Friedman on one of the new business launches planned.
- Friedman wouldn't give any details, but says the concept has one of the biggest category market potentials the company has ever addressed.
- Earnings call transcript
- Previously: Restoration Hardware beats by $0.01, revenue in-line (Mar. 26 2015)
- RH -3.17% premarket.
Thu, Mar. 26, 5:39 PM
Thu, Mar. 26, 4:06 PM| Comment!
Wed, Mar. 25, 5:35 PM
Fri, Feb. 20, 9:52 PM
- Some false alarms earlier, but the AP reports (and union spokesmen and the PMA started confirming) that agreement has been reached with West Coast dockworkers.
- The deal would end a nine-month negotiation that has led to significant slowdowns at 29 West Coast U.S. ports. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez urged the PMA and union workers to come to agreement today.
- The contract still needs union ratification.
- Affected furniture stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, NKE, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON, FL.
- Previous coverage of the slowdown
Tue, Feb. 17, 12:53 PM
- The furniture market is seeing some disruption as the West Coast port slowdown continues.
- A stalled pace of imports is impacting wholesale pricing for companies relying on suppliers that ship to ports in California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Even companies without a heavy reliance on Asian imports are feeling a supply chain shock.
- Previously: West Coast port slowdown continues (Feb. 16 2015)
- Related stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
Dec. 11, 2014, 9:11 AM
Dec. 10, 2014, 6:13 PM
- Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) expects FQ4 revenue of $575M-$585M and EPS of $0.99-$1.01, in-line with a consensus of $582.4M and $1.00.
- Comparable brand revenue rose 22% Y/Y in FQ3, fueled by a 31% increase in direct revenue to $241.2M. Op. margin rose 150 bps Y/Y to 7.6%.
- Restoration owned 68 stores at the end of FQ3, flat Q/Q and down by 2 Y/Y. Retail sales per selling square foot rose 2% Y/Y to $372.
- RH +5.9% AH. FQ3 results, PR.
Dec. 10, 2014, 5:39 PM
Dec. 10, 2014, 4:08 PM| Comment!
Dec. 9, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 20, 2014, 3:24 PM
- Home furnishing stocks stocks are in rally mode after Kirkland's (KIRK +22.9%) and Williams-Sonoma (WSM +8.3%) both top expectations.
- The development follows strong reports from Home Depot and Lowe's which also showed strong demand for home products.
- Gainers: Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) +6.4%, Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) +2.0%, Haverty Furniture (NYSE:HVT) +2.5%, Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) +2.0%, Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) +2.9%.
Oct. 9, 2014, 7:57 AM
Sep. 10, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 10, 2014, 4:07 PM| Comment!
RH vs. ETF Alternatives
Restoration Hardware Holdings Inc, together with its subsidiaries, is a luxury home furnishings retailer that provides number of categories including furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, decor, outdoor and garden, tableware & children's furnishings.
Other News & PR