Restoration Hardware Looks Expensive, But Worth A Look Anyway
Josh Arnold • 14 Comments
Josh Arnold • 14 Comments
Mon, Jul. 18, 1:14 PM
Wed, Jun. 22, 9:40 AM
- Restoration Hardware (RH +2.8%) spikes after BB&T says Williams-Sonoma (WSM +1.4%) may acquire the chain at $50 per share. A deal would be accretive to WSM's earnings at a rate of 16% to FY17 EPS and 25% to FY18 EPS, according to a rough estimate.
- Restoration Hardware slipped to a 52-week low of $26 yesterday.
Thu, Jun. 9, 12:44 PM
Thu, Jun. 9, 12:23 PM
- Retail stocks are broadly lower after a weak earnings report from Restoration Hardware (RH -21.2%) set a gloomy tone. The S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is 1.91% lower on the day.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM -4.8%) and Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY -3.7%) are down sharply after the RH guidance dud.
- Mall chain and department store stocks are also seeing some anxious trading as investors continue to bet on discounters and variety stores which target budget shoppers.
- Notable decliners include Ascena Retail (ASNA -5.4%), Guess (GES -3.2%), Nordtrom (JWN -3.1%), Urban Outfitters (URBN -2.6%), Cato (CATO -2.6%), DSW (DSW -2.6%), and Gap (GPS -2%).
- Target (NYSE:TGT) is down 1.6% after a rough annual meeting where there was much more attention paid to the company's transgender bathroom policy than execs probably desired.
- Retail ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PMR, JHMC, CNDF
Thu, Jun. 9, 9:11 AM
Thu, Jun. 9, 7:45 AM
- Telsey Advisory Group lowers Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) to a Market Perform rating after bailing on its Outperform stance.
- The investment firm whacks the price target on the retailer by 39% to $30.
- Growing pains for the RH Modern concept factored into Restoration Hardware's drop in guidance yesterday.
- Other rating cuts: Raymond James (Market Perform), Deutsche Bank (Hold), and Longbow Research (Neutral).
- Previously: Soft guidance hits Restoration Hardware (June 8)
- RH -19.02% premarket to $29.20.
Wed, Jun. 8, 5:40 PM
Wed, Jun. 8, 4:22 PM
- Comparable brand revenue 4% for Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) to help contribute to the 8% gain in total revenue.
- The company missed estimates on the bottom line in Q1 and issued a warning on the full year.
- Profit drags include costs associated with RH Modern production delays, investments in customer experience, the timing of recognizing certain membership revenue, and a "more aggressive approach" to rationalizing inventory.
- Looking ahead to Q2, Restoration Hardware expects full year revenue of $505M to $520M vs. $532M consensus and EPS of $0.28 to $0.33 vs. $0.80 consensus. The outlook for the full year is also lowered.
- RH -12.6% AH to $31.51.
Wed, Jun. 8, 4:12 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 5:35 PM
Tue, May 10, 8:22 AM
- Shares of Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) are on watch after Longbow Research initiates coverage on the retailer with a Buy rating.
- Valuation is at the core of the ratings action with Restoration Hardware trading at less than a 12 forward P/E ratio.
- Now read Restoration Hardware - Recovery Play, As Waterworks Deal Comes Unexpected
Wed, Apr. 13, 10:00 AM
- Restoration Hardware (RH +4.7%) says it will integrate Waterworks into its business after acquiring the brand for ~$117M.
- Waterworks is a bathroom and kitchen product specialist which showcases its designs through 15 showrooms in the U.S. and U.K., as well as other retail partners.
- The company notes that it now covers every room in the house through a variety of selling channels.
- Now read Restoration Hardware's Supply Chain Struggles Aside, Margin Guidance Still Intact
Mon, Apr. 4, 5:42 PM
Thu, Mar. 31, 12:26 PM
- Barclays is extremely active in the retail sector today. Earlier the investment firm issued negative notes on Target and Willams-Sonoma which helped send both stocks lower, but the new round of ratings actions are mostly less bearish.
- Home Depot (HD +0.5%), Best Buy (BBY +4.1%), AutoZone (AZO -0.6%), and O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY -0.6%) are both initiated with Overweight ratings.
- Party City (PRTY -0.9%), Restoration Hardware (RH +4.8%), and The Container Store (TCS -3.6%) are all started at Equalweight.
- Advance Auto Parts (AAP -0.9%) is assigned an Underweight rating and $130 price target.
- While Barclays picks and chooses between retailers on differentiation with valuation, F/X exposure, and demand trends - on a broader scale the question of when the U.S. consumer will step it up remains unanswered.
- Now read U.S. Consumer Spending And Income Growth Slow In February
Tue, Mar. 29, 4:30 PM
- Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) slips in after-hours trading after Q4 EPS comes in short of estimates.
- Comparable brand revenue rose 9% during the quarter with shipping delays and weakness in energy markets factoring in.
- Adjusted operating margin fell 120 bps to 11.5%.
- Q1 guidance from Restoration Hardware is for revenue of $452M-$456M vs. $460M consensus and EPS of $0.04-$0.06 vs. $0.17 consensus. The company says "customer accomodations" related to the shipping delays in RH Modern will impact results in FY16.
- RH -1.51% AH to $39.60. The issues at Restoration Hardware were pre-announced late in February.
- Previously: Restoration Hardware misses by $0.41, beats on revenue (March 29)
Tue, Mar. 29, 4:15 PM
Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc. is a retailer in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bath ware, décor, outdoor and garden, as well as baby and child products. It operates an integrated business with multiple channels of distribution, including galleries,... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Home Furnishings & Fixtures
Country: United States
Other News & PR