Jan. 30, 2014, 2:17 AM
- Roche's (RHHBF) 2013 net profit rose 18% to 11.4B Swiss francs ($12.7B), missing expectations of 11.62B francs.
- Core EPS +10% to 14.27 francs, falling short of consensus of 14.78 francs.
- Sales +3% to 46.8B francs topping estimates of 46.7B francs.
- Earnings were boosted by sales of Roche's oncology, immunology and ophthalmology products, as well as of its diagnostic offerings.
- Roche plans to increase its dividend by 6% to 7.80 francs a share.
- Roche forecasts that 2014 revenue will rise by a low- to mid-single-digit percentage at constant currencies and that core EPS will grow at a faster rate, with earnings boosted by sales of its biggest cancer drugs and new products. Kadcyla (breast cancer) and Gazyva (leukemia) were authorized in the U.S. last year. (PR)
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and... More
Industry: Drug Related Products
Other News & PR