Thu, Jul. 21, 4:18 AM
- Helped by cost-control measures, Unilever (NYSE:UL) posted a profit rise and said it's ready for challenges ahead.
- Swatch (OTCPK:SWGAY) expects a recovery in the second half after net profit plunged 52% in H1.
- Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY) confirmed its outlook for 2016 and reported results that exceeded expectations.
- Driven by price and mix realization, SABMiller's (OTCPK:SBMRY) group net producer revenue grew 2% in Q1.
- Lufthansa (OTCQX:DLAKY) cut its full-year profit target, saying "terrorist attacks in Europe" weighed on its bookings.
- The fears also hit Easyjet (OTCQX:ESYJY), with shares under pressure after weak Q3 revenues.
Aug. 24, 2014, 5:31 PM
- Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY, OTCPK:RHHBF) will pay $74/share for InterMune (NASDAQ:ITMN), a 38% premium to its Friday close and 63% higher than Aug. 12 when news of a potential sale emerged.
- The deal gives Roche access to pirfenidone, which targets idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, a disease that causes tissue deep in the lungs to become thick and scarred over time. Analysts predict pirfenidone will generate $1B in global sales by 2019.
- Pirfenidone joins Roche’s stable of pulmonary treatments, including Pulmozyme for cystic fibrosis, Xolair for asthma, and in-development asthma drug lebrikizumab. Roche plans to speed pirfenidone’s U.S. start-up and help get insurance coverage for the medicine.
Feb. 3, 2014, 11:59 AM
- PDL BioPharma (PDLI -1.9%) says it reached agreement with Genentech and Roche (RHHBF, RHHBY) which resolves all outstanding legal disputes between the parties, including Nevada litigation and arbitration proceedings related to the audit of royalties on sales.
- Genentech will pay a fixed royalty rate of 2.125% on worldwide sales of Avastin, Herceptin, Lucentis Xolair, Kadcyla and Perjeta, rather than the previous tiered royalty rate in the U.S and the fixed rate on all ex-U.S. based manufactured and sold licensed products.
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:27 AM
More on ImmunoGen (IMGN): The stock's moving about quite a bit, but currently +3.8% following FDA approval of Kadcyla. The drug is being approved with a Boxed Warning alerting users and prescribers of heart and liver toxicity as well as severe life-threatening birth defects.| Feb. 22, 2013, 10:27 AM | 3 Comments
Aug. 27, 2012, 8:26 AM
Roche's (RHHBY.OB) breast cancer drug T-DM1 "significantly" extended the lives of patients in a Phase III trial, a precondition for European regulators approving the treatment. Roche is developing T-DM1 with technology it has licensed from ImmunoGen (IMGN), which is rocketing 17.05% premarket. An analyst estimates that peak sales of T-DM1 could reach 1.6B Swiss francs ($1.67B). (PR)| Aug. 27, 2012, 8:26 AM
Jul. 25, 2012, 10:35 AM
More on Regeneron (REGN) Q2: swings to net profit of $76.7M from loss of $62.5M last year, boosted by sales of its Eylea eye treatment, which surged 57% Q/Q to $194M. Increases FY Eylea sales forecast for the 3rd time, now expecting $700M-$750M vs. $500M-$550M previously. Eylea taking market share from Roche's Lucentis and off-label Avastin. Shares +3.85%.| Jul. 25, 2012, 10:35 AM