Ben Kramer-Miller • 13 Comments
Apr. 1, 2015, 5:39 PM
Feb. 9, 2015, 9:12 AM
Jan. 12, 2015, 11:21 AM
- Rio Alto Mining (RIOM +6.2%) says it produced a record 222K oz. of gold in 2014, and its La Arena gold mine in Peru produced and sold nearly 58K oz. of gold during Q4.
- RIOM expects La Arena to produce 210K-220K oz. of gold in 2015 at adjusted operating costs of $570-$600/oz.; alll-in sustaining costs are seen at $730-$765/oz. for the year.
Oct. 6, 2014, 10:50 AM
- Rio Alto Mining (RIOM +3.7%) says its La Arena Gold Mine produced 56,368 oz. of gold during Q3, down 4.7% from 59,157 oz. in the year-ago quarter, due to both lower ore production and a decline in grade of 0.11 gold/ton.
- Mine output totals 164,347 gold oz. YTD, compared with 143,940 gold oz. for the same nine month period a year ago.
- RIOM maintains its previous FY 2014 gold production guidance of 200K-220K oz. of gold.
May 21, 2014, 12:47 PM
May 21, 2014, 8:28 AM
- Rio Alto Mining (RIOM) and Sulliden Gold (SDDDF) agree to merge, in a deal valued at ~C$300M, creating a gold miner focused on Peru.
- The merger would combine RIOM's La Arena gold oxide mine and adjoining sulphide copper-gold deposit in Peru with Sulliden's Shahuindo gold development project located in the northern part of the country.
- The two companies say the combination will result in near-term production potential of ~300K oz/year of gold.
- RIOM +6.1% premarket.
Sep. 16, 2013, 12:46 PM
Jun. 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 4, 2013, 9:40 AM
Rio Alto Mining (RIOM -4.1%) temporarily suspends mining activities at its La Arena Gold Oxide Mine in Peru due to a blockade of the Trujillo to Huamachuco public road, the main access route for people and supplies. RIOM says 2013 total gold production may be negatively impacted due to the situation.| Jun. 4, 2013, 9:40 AM