Raymond James Financial Inc.NYSE
Raymond James: The Best Financial Stock You Probably Have Never Heard Of
Thomas Lott • 10 Comments
Thomas Lott • 10 Comments
Yesterday, 10:01 AM
- In what appears to be a valuation-related move, KBW downgrades Raymond James (NYSE:RJF) to Market Perform from Outperform.
- RJF is higher by 27% YTD, including a 50% run since July 1, capped by a 20% advance since the election.
- Shares are up 1.6% on today's session.
Fri, Oct. 28, 10:48 AM
- The company on Wednesday reported a blowout quarter, with record revenues and record income both easily topping estimates. It was broad-based strength, with record revenues in all four operating segments - Private Client Group, Capital Markets, Asset Management, and Raymond James Bank.
- With the stock now higher by more than 50% from the Feb. 11 low, JMP Securities downgrades to Market Perform from Outperform.
- RJF +0.2% today
- RJF Earnings Center
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:18 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AHL, ALDW, ALGT, AMSF, ANIK, AR, ARI, ARRS, AXS, AXTI, BGG, BWLD, CAA, CACI, CAKE, CDE, CHE, CMO, CMPR, CRY, CSGP, CSII, CW, DDR, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, EGHT, EPE, EQY, ESND, ESV, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISV, FORR, GG, GRPN, GTY, HUBG, IBKC, INFN, JBT, KEX, KMT, KNX, KRA, KRC, KWR, LLNW, LMAT, MB, MC, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MUR, NEM, NEU, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NXPI, O, OCN, ORLY, PLNT, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, RGA, RHI, RJF, SCI, SFLY, SGMO, SHLM, SIGI, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TRN, TSLA, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UCTT, UHS, UNM, VAR, VMW, WCN, WDC, WIRE, WLL, XL
Thu, Sep. 29, 6:50 AM
- Raymond James Financial (NYSE:RJF) had declared $0.20/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Payable Oct. 17; for shareholders of record Oct. 3; ex-div Sept. 29.
Wed, Jul. 20, 4:26 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:35 PM
Thu, Apr. 21, 10:58 AM
- The company in Q1 earned $129.7M or $0.90 per share vs. $113.5M and $0.77 a year earlier. Expectations had been for just $0.75 per share.
- Interest revenue of $161.6M was up a full 20% from a year ago. Fee-based revenue of $93.9M gained 3%. Commission-based revenue of $853.3M slipped 1%.
- The company bought back 3.2M shares during Q1 for $144.5M.
- Now read: Raymond James: The Best Financial Stock You Probably Have Never Heard Of (Feb. 20)
- RJF +10.6%
Wed, Apr. 20, 4:56 PM
- Raymond James Financial (NYSE:RJF): FQ2 EPS of $0.90 beats by $0.15.
- Revenue of $1.31B (+1.6% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM| Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM | 16 Comments
Wed, Apr. 6, 10:38 AM
- Released today, the new fiduciary rule regarding management of retirement accounts appears to be not as "broker-unfriendly" as feared. Among the roughed-up asset managers bouncing are LPL Financial (LPLA +6.9%), Waddell & Reed (WDR +6.3%), and Raymond James (RJF +3%).
- Now read: LPL Financial Poised For A Short Squeeze?
Wed, Apr. 6, 9:20 AM
- Josh Brown's in the business. His take? "Literally nothing changes. Biggest impact is added disclosures on websites. Seriously."
- He continues: "No added fee breakdowns, no restrictions on proprietary schlock products, no limit on selling with conflicts ... The Street wins (again)."
- The Department of Labor helpfully put out this cheat sheet on how its final rules changed from what was initially proposed.
- The billing for these new rules was that a fiduciary standard would be imposed which would ultimately force the asset management industry away from the business of collecting commissions for moving products, and into more responsible fee generation based on total assets managed.
- Interested parties include: LPLA, RJF, TROW, BLK, WETF, BEN, AMP, LNC, MET, PRU, LM, WDR
Wed, Jan. 20, 4:47 PM
- Raymond James Financial (NYSE:RJF): FQ1 EPS of $0.73 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $1.27B (+1.6% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Tue, Jan. 19, 5:35 PM
Dec. 10, 2015, 1:12 PM
- Raymond James (NYSE:RJF), Bank of New York Mellon (NYSE:BK), Northern Trust (NASDAQ:NTRS), and Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) are best-positioned in the event of a one-and-done move from the Fed, says Goldman, as they get most the earnings upside from the initial move higher in rates, rather than needing "normalization."
- "Deposit betas" may be a source of underappreciated surprise, says Goldman, which doesn't believe banks will pass along much of the initial 50 basis point hike in rates to customers. Poised to benefit here: JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM), BofA, Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC), PNC Financial (NYSE:PNC), and E*Trade (NASDAQ:ETFC).
- Finally, clarity on the interest rate picture should allow bank managements to get moving in growing returns, Favored "self-help" stories: AIG, Ally Financial (NYSE:ALLY), Oaktree Capital (NYSE:OAK), Voya Financial (NYSE:VOYA), and Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ:ZION).
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:05 PM
- Raymond James Financial (NYSE:RJF): FQ4 EPS of $0.88 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $1.34B (+3.9% Y/Y) beats by $10M.