Fri, Nov. 6, 7:36 AM
- Traders are moving into Relypsa (NASDAQ:RLYP) premarket, shares are up 17% on increased volume in apparent response to AstraZeneca's announced $2.7B takeover of ZS Pharma, whose lead product candidate is ZS-9 for the treatment of hyperkalemia (excess potassium in the blood). The New Drug Application (NDA) is currently under FDA review. The PDUFA date is May 26, 2016.
- Relypsa's treatment for hyperkalemia, Veltassa (patiromer for oral suspension), was cleared by the FDA a few weeks ago.
- One potential suitor for Relypsa could be Actelion Pharmaceuticals (OTCPK:ALIOY) who was recently in strategic discussions with ZS.
- Previously: Actelion confirms preliminary talks with ZS Pharma (Sept. 10)
- Previously: Relypsa poised to regain some of yesterday's plunge; shares up 11% premarket (Oct. 23)
- Previously: Good news is bad news for Relypsa; shares down 26% premarket after approval of Veltassa (Oct. 22)
Other News & PR