Roundy's Supermarkets, IncNYSE
Dec. 18, 2015, 2:29 PM| Dec. 18, 2015, 2:29 PM | 12 Comments
Nov. 11, 2015, 12:40 PM
Nov. 11, 2015, 9:16 AM
Nov. 11, 2015, 9:06 AM
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) snaps up Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) for $3.60 per share in an all-cash deal.
- The acquisition is expected to be slightly accretive to Kroger earnings in the first year after closing. Cost savings will be piled back into growing the Roundy's business.
- Roundy's +64.2% to $3.58 in premarket trading.
Nov. 11, 2015, 8:35 AM
- Roundy's Supermarkets (NYSE:RNDY): Q3 EPS of -$0.13 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $971.82M (-0.2% Y/Y) misses by $8.09M.
Nov. 10, 2015, 5:35 PM
Nov. 5, 2015, 10:12 AM
- Grocery store stocks Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC -1.7%), Ingles Markets (IMKTA -1.5%), Roundy's (RNDY -0.9%), Fairway Group (FWM -1.7%), SuperValu (SVU -1.7%), and Village Super Markets (VLGEA -0.8%) all trade below broad market averages following the Whole Foods Market earnings report.
- The Whole Foods conference call may be on the mind of investors with management appearing to give up some ground on pricing and expressing confidence on the new value brand roll-out.
- Even Kroger (KR -0.2%) which has Whole Foods beat at scale and profitability is trading a bit weak. The outlier is Sprouts Farmers Market which is flying off of earnings.
- Previously: Sprouts Farmers Market flies after comps come in strong (Nov. 05 2015)
- Previously: Whole Foods Market and rivals at the crossroads (Nov. 04 2015)
Sep. 15, 2015, 1:58 PM
- Select grocery store stocks trade higher with The Fresh Market (TFM +4.2%), Roundy's (RNDY +3.5%), and Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +3.7%) leading the charge.
- The Commerce Department's release on retail sales today indicated grocery store sales were up 0.7% M/M and 3.0% Y/Y. The pace was higher than some analysts forecast.
- Previously: August Retail Sales +0.2% to miss consensus (Sept. 15)
Aug. 12, 2015, 6:27 PM
- Low expectations have helped Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) rise to $2.87 in AH trading following its Q2 beat: Shares were down 46% YTD going into earnings, and even more before gaining 6.9% in regular trading today.
- Roundy's is guiding for Q3 revenue from continuing ops of $975M-$985M (below a $999.7M consensus) and 2015 revenue from continuing ops of $3.95B-$3.99B (below a $4B consensus).
- The supermarket chain's same-store sales from continuing ops fell 3.9% Y/Y in Q2, with a 4.9% drop in transactions more than offsetting a 1% increase in average transaction size. If not for a change in Easter's timing, same-store sales would've fallen 2.4%.
- Wisconsin revenue fell 3.5% Y/Y to $648.2M - 3 stores were closed since last year, and 1 opened. Illinois revenue rose 29.1% to $350.1M thanks to new and acquired stores. Gross margin was flat at 26.4%.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 12, 2015, 5:39 PM
Aug. 12, 2015, 4:23 PM
- Roundy's Supermarkets (NYSE:RNDY): Q2 EPS of -$0.02 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $998.3M (+5.9% Y/Y) beats by $13.88M.
- Shares +2.66%.
Aug. 11, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jun. 24, 2015, 8:46 AM
- Grocery store stocks could see some volatility after Ahold agrees to buy Delhaize.
- Retail analysts think the sector could see more M&A with the presence of larger retail chains such as Target and Wal-Mart placing some pressure on companies to scale up.
- On watch: Kroger (NYSE:KR), Supervalu (NYSE:SVU), Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY), Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA), Village Super Market (NASDAQ:VLGEA), Weis Markets (NYSE:WMK), Fairway Group Holdings (NASDAQ:FWM).
- Previously: Ahold, Delhaize agree to merger
May 19, 2015, 12:47 PM
May 19, 2015, 9:15 AM
May 14, 2015, 9:47 PM
- Consolidation in the grocery industry could pick up even more, observes Supermarket News.
- A large merger between Albertsons and Safeway (NYSE:SWY) has been followed by talks between Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) and Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY).
- The increased push by Wal-Mart and Target in the sector has added pressure to leverage store growth through M&A.
- "There is mounting pressure in the supermarket industry to consolidate operations to drive better purchasing power and leverage distribution and technology platforms," notes Wolfe Research.
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) is seen as a likely candidate to look for a chain to acquire.
- Previously: Ahold, Delhaize confirm merger talks (May 12)
- Grocery stocks: RNDY, SVU, VLGEA, WFM, CASY, IMKTA, OTCPK:PUSH, TFM, SFM, WMK.