What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Nov. 11, 2015, 12:40 PM
Nov. 11, 2015, 9:16 AM
Nov. 5, 2015, 10:12 AM
- Grocery store stocks Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC -1.7%), Ingles Markets (IMKTA -1.5%), Roundy's (RNDY -0.9%), Fairway Group (FWM -1.7%), SuperValu (SVU -1.7%), and Village Super Markets (VLGEA -0.8%) all trade below broad market averages following the Whole Foods Market earnings report.
- The Whole Foods conference call may be on the mind of investors with management appearing to give up some ground on pricing and expressing confidence on the new value brand roll-out.
- Even Kroger (KR -0.2%) which has Whole Foods beat at scale and profitability is trading a bit weak. The outlier is Sprouts Farmers Market which is flying off of earnings.
- Previously: Sprouts Farmers Market flies after comps come in strong (Nov. 05 2015)
- Previously: Whole Foods Market and rivals at the crossroads (Nov. 04 2015)
Sep. 15, 2015, 1:58 PM
- Select grocery store stocks trade higher with The Fresh Market (TFM +4.2%), Roundy's (RNDY +3.5%), and Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +3.7%) leading the charge.
- The Commerce Department's release on retail sales today indicated grocery store sales were up 0.7% M/M and 3.0% Y/Y. The pace was higher than some analysts forecast.
- Previously: August Retail Sales +0.2% to miss consensus (Sept. 15)
Aug. 12, 2015, 6:27 PM
- Low expectations have helped Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) rise to $2.87 in AH trading following its Q2 beat: Shares were down 46% YTD going into earnings, and even more before gaining 6.9% in regular trading today.
- Roundy's is guiding for Q3 revenue from continuing ops of $975M-$985M (below a $999.7M consensus) and 2015 revenue from continuing ops of $3.95B-$3.99B (below a $4B consensus).
- The supermarket chain's same-store sales from continuing ops fell 3.9% Y/Y in Q2, with a 4.9% drop in transactions more than offsetting a 1% increase in average transaction size. If not for a change in Easter's timing, same-store sales would've fallen 2.4%.
- Wisconsin revenue fell 3.5% Y/Y to $648.2M - 3 stores were closed since last year, and 1 opened. Illinois revenue rose 29.1% to $350.1M thanks to new and acquired stores. Gross margin was flat at 26.4%.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 12, 2015, 5:39 PM
Aug. 12, 2015, 4:23 PM
- Roundy's Supermarkets (NYSE:RNDY): Q2 EPS of -$0.02 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $998.3M (+5.9% Y/Y) beats by $13.88M.
- Shares +2.66%.
May 19, 2015, 12:47 PM
May 19, 2015, 9:15 AM
May 13, 2015, 5:41 PM
May 11, 2015, 10:52 AM
- Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) is up 13.3% after reports on a merger with Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY +3.8%) drove up shares listed in Europe earlier today.
- The talk of industry consolidation has some other U.S. grocery stocks ahead of market averages as well.
- Grocery gainers: Kroger (NYSE:KR) +1.0%, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) +1.2%, Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) +1.0%, Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) +1.0%, Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM) +0.9%, Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA) +9.8% with earnings also a factor.
- Previously: Ahold, Delhaize surge on merger reports
Apr. 8, 2015, 5:38 PM
Mar. 30, 2015, 5:38 PM
Mar. 5, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 5, 2015, 12:44 PM
- Strong reports from Kroger and Delhaize are helping to provide a lift for the grocery store sector.
- Earlier this week, privately-owned Publix reported comparable-store sales rose 6.4% in Q4.
- Comps are on the rise and margin gains are being squeezed out by operators off of the sales leverage.
- Solid gains for the day on strong volume are being seen up and down the group: Kroger (NYSE:KR) +4.9%, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) +1.6%, Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) +1.5%, Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) +3.7%, The Fresh Market (NASDAQ:TFM) +1.2%, Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA) +2.3%, Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM) +2.6%, Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) +14.9%.
Mar. 4, 2015, 7:14 PM
- Midwestern grocer Roundy's Supermarkets (NYSE:RNDY) is charging it after hours, +12.4% in late trading, after beating on top and bottom lines in Q4.
- It wraps a "transition year" for the company as it moved out of 27 stores in the Twin Cities market and invested in growth in Illinois. Q4 EBITDA of $37M vs. an expected $37.6M.
- The company guided to Q1 sales of $980M-$990M, in line, and adjusted EBITDA of $27.5M-$32.5M vs. $32M expected. For full 2015, it projects net sales of $4B-$4.08B vs. $4.03B expected, and EBITDA of $115M-$125M vs. $122M expected.
- Roundy's is expecting same-store sales to decline 0.25% to 1.25% in Q1, and anywhere from 0.75% to 2.75% for the full year.
- Debt may still be a concern with total long-term debt at $718M against $78M in cash. Net cash flows from operations for the year were $48M, down from the prior $104M.
Other News & PR