Rhino Resource Partners LPNYSE
Fri, May 6, 7:08 AM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO): Q1 EPS of -$0.33.
- Revenue of $40.43M (-28.0% Y/Y).
Fri, Mar. 25, 7:13 AM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO): Q4 EPS of -$1.14
- Revenue of $39.64M (-35.9% Y/Y)
Oct. 30, 2015, 6:14 AM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO): Q3 EPS of -$0.31 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $54.1M (-11.8% Y/Y) beats by $8.56M.
Oct. 13, 2015, 6:08 PM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO) says it received notice from the NYSE that it is not in compliance with the exchange's $1 minimum price bid rule.
- RNO says it will notify the NYSE that it intends to cure the deficiency; the company says it will consider all available options to regain compliance.
Aug. 20, 2015, 2:54 PM
- Soros Fund Management disclosed minuscule (for Soros) stakes in Peabody Energy (BTU +24.6%) and Arch Coal (ACI +42.1%) at the end of last week. Combined, the Peabody holding of 1.03M shares and Arch holding of 533K shares amounted to less than $2.5M versus AUM north of $20B.
- The tiny stakes in the two near-bankrupt coal producers could be thought of as a lottery ticket, or maybe it's just The Palindrome - well known for railing against coal as it pertains to climate change - tweaking his political enemies.
- The stocks of both companies didn't do a whole lot for two sessions after the disclosure, but soared yesterday as Arch Coal was reported on working out a debt swap compromise with its creditors.
- News China could be producing a whole lot less in the way of carbon emissions than previously thought could be sending the two flying higher again today.
- CLD +3.9%, WLB +1.4%, RNO -2.15%, CNX -0.8%, KOL flat
Aug. 3, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jul. 30, 2015, 7:57 AM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO): Q2 EPS of -$0.27 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $56.77M (+1.6% Y/Y) misses by $1.65M.
Jul. 21, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jul. 20, 2015, 4:35 PM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO) says it is suspending its Q2 distribution to conserve liquidity and cash flow.
- RNO also says it will not host a conference call after its Q2 earnings release on July 30.
- Coal-focused RNO has been hit hard this year, and last month idled most of its Central Appalachia coal operations.
Jul. 13, 2015, 4:58 AM
- U.S. power stations generated 31% of electricity from natural gas in April compared with 30% from coal, research firm SNL Energy estimates, the first time that gas has overtaken coal. In 2010, the latter accounted for 45% of power.
- The milestone has been a long time in coming, with the shale boom causing gas prices to plummet and increasing regulation leading to higher expenses for coal.
- Coal tickers: WLT, ACI, BTU, ANR, CLD, RNO, WLB, CNX,
Jun. 29, 2015, 11:38 AM
- Coal stocks (KOL +0.3%) are rallying after the Supreme Court threw out the EPA’s first-ever rules requiring coal-fired power plants to cut emissions of mercury and other toxic air pollutants, saying the agency should have weighed the cost of compliance in deciding whether to regulate.
- The ruling means the EPA must go back to the drawing board, which possibly could push any new emissions rules past Pres. Obama’s time in office.
- Coal companies are enjoying hefty gains: WLT +28.2%, ACI +15.1%, BTU +11.2%, ANR +5.4%, CLD +5.2%, RNO +3.9%, WLB +1.9%, CNX +1.4%.
- Select utility names also are seeing some strength: AEP +1%, PCG +0.9%, D +0.6%, NEE +0.6%, EXC +0.3%.
Jun. 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 2, 2015, 8:13 AM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO) says it is temporarily idling most of its Central Appalachia coal operations due to ongoing weakness in coal markets, affecting nearly 200 employees.
- RNO says demand for Central Appalachia steam coal has fallen to unprecedented levels due to low-priced natural gas and government regulations, and met coal prices remain at depressed levels due to persistent worldwide oversupply and weak demand from China.
- RNO says future market conditions would determine how long the operations remain idle.
Apr. 30, 2015, 7:03 AM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO): Q1 EPS of -$0.15 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $56.18M (-6.3% Y/Y) misses by $4.94M.
Apr. 21, 2015, 12:47 PM
Apr. 21, 2015, 7:58 AM
- Rhino Resource Partners (NYSE:RNO) is downgraded to Sell from Hold at Stifel, which expects a significant selloff as a result of RNO's distribution cut to $0.08/unit on an annualized basis.
- Stifel believes the decision to cut the distribution to unitholders reflects a worsening of coal markets so far in 2015 and the desire to preserve liquidity in advance of the July 2016 maturity of RNO's senior secured credit facility.