5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
GlobeNewswire (Feb 24, 2014)
GlobeNewswire (Jan 20, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 10, 2014)
Retail Opportunity Investments Corp. Schedules Fourth Quarter & Year-End Earnings Release and Conference CallGlobeNewswire (Jan 7, 2014)
GlobeNewswire (Dec 5, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Aug 4, 2011)
ROIC vs. ETF Alternatives
Retail Opportunity Investments Corp. is a fully integrated, self-managed REIT. It is engaged in the acquisition, ownership and management of necessity-based community and neighborhood shopping centers in the western region of the United States.
Monday, Feb 244:51 PM
Monday, Feb 244:51 PM| Comment!
- Retail Opportunity Investments Corp. (ROIC): Q4 FFO of $0.21
- Revenue of $33.63M (+56.9% Y/Y) beats by $4.88M.
Wednesday, Jan 223:12 PM
Wednesday, Jan 223:12 PM| 27 Comments
- Tuesday's news of Sears closing its flagship downtown Chicago store comes on the heels of closings announced by Macy's and J.C. Penney, and is followed by today's word of job cuts at Target HQ.
- These are just the beginning (continuation really) of a wave of similar actions likely to cause an average shrinkage in overall retail square footage of between one-third and one-half over the next 5-10 years, says Excess Space Retail Services' Michael Burden.
- "Stores are making a long-term bet on technology," says Belus Capital Advisors analyst Brian Sozzi. "It simply doesn't make strategic sense to enter a new 15-year lease as consumers are likely to continue curtailing physical visits to the mall."
- Keep an aye on the shopping center vacancy rate. It rose 550 basis points to 11% in the Great Recession, but has since recovered to just 8.9%. Will it make a higher high in the next downturn?
- Within the closings is another trend - indoor malls are faring worse than outlet centers, outdoor malls, or stand-alone stores. Without a major reinvention, says Rick Caruso of Caruso Affiliated, traditional malls will go extinct. He's unaware of an indoor mall being build since 2006. "Any time you stop building a product, that's usually the best indication that the customer doesn't want it anymore."
- Retail space REITs: O, NNN
- Mall REITs: SPG, GGP, BRX
- Shopping center/outlet REITs: ROIC, RPAI, IRC, KIM, FRT, DDR, SKT, WHLR
Thursday, Dec 192013, 11:19 AM
Thursday, Dec 192013, 11:19 AM| 14 Comments
- The broad market is quiet today following yesterday's big session, but the equity REIT sector has its eyes focused on rising Treasury yields, particularly in the belly of the curve where the 5-year yield is higher by 10 basis points on the session and all the way up to 1.64% (it was 1.3% at Thanksgiving).
- Realty Income (O -3.6%), National Retail (NNN -2.4%), Health Care REIT (HCN -3.1%), LTC Properties (LTC -3.6%), Medical Properties (MPW -2.5%), Federal Realty (FRT -1.9%), Retail Opportunity (ROIC -1.1%), Chambers Street (CSG -1.8%).
- Related ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, RWR, ICF, SCHH, DRV, KBWY, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
Thursday, Oct 312013, 10:18 AM|Thursday, Oct 312013, 10:18 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Aug 12013, 8:20 AM|Thursday, Aug 12013, 8:20 AM| Comment!
Monday, May 62013, 5:49 PM
Thursday, May 22013, 10:58 AM
Thursday, Feb 212013, 3:57 PM
Saturday, Apr 72012, 11:00 AMDespite the first quarterly fall for U.S. strip mall vacancies in 7 years (from 11% to 10.9% in Q1), Reis isn't yet calling a bottom for the sector. With new strip mall supply near historic lows, if demand was truly rebounding, vacancies would have shown a stronger decline. "The tide of the economy is not rising quickly enough to raise all the ships in the ocean of retail." |Saturday, Apr 72012, 11:00 AM| 7 Comments